Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I wouldn't want Emelin in my 2nd pairing and I'm sure 30 GM's feel the same
If I was GM of any team the Habs would have to pay me to take Emelin for example Emelin + 3rd for a 7th

With that thinking i can understand why your team has done so good in the last 10 season.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
What are you talking about? I was talking about the "All in" comment.

BTW your GM traded a top 5 LW for a n.3 Defensmen, so don't talk too fast. Plus Emelin is far from a number 7 defensmen
Funny how Hall is now a top 5 winger that he is no longer a Oiler before that he had major warts. And Larsson is a #2 at minimum.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Funny how Hall is now a top 5 winger that he is no longer a Oiler before that he had major warts. And Larsson is a #2 at minimum.

You didn't think he was a top 5 winger? Too bad most of the board did before and after the trade.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Neither of those comments are true.

Every stat out there has Hall as an elite winger, nobody ever disputed that.

At 23 points Larsson is not a #2 "at minimum" on any team except yours.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Neither of those comments are true.

Every stat out there has Hall as an elite winger, nobody ever disputed that.

At 23 points Larsson is not a #2 "at minimum" on any team except yours.

Your GM traded PK Subban for a declining Shea Weber.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Canada alternate captain, Nashville captain, 3x 20+ goal scorer, 5x all-star and 2 time NHL 1st line team Shea Weber. Please don't compare the deals, not even remotely similar.

I was shocked the day that Edmonton traded Hall for Larsson, but given Edmonton's needs, I can understand it.

The younger PK, for Shea Weber, at his contract? Bergevin must have really wanted PK gone.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I was shocked the day that Edmonton traded Hall for Larsson, but given Edmonton's needs, I can understand it.

The younger PK, for Shea Weber, at his contract? Bergevin must have really wanted PK gone.

well if it helps, Weber has value that can get swapped whereas Subban and his NMC, it cant.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

that contract is not to bad when you consider that the last three years weber will be paid 1 million but his cap hit will be 7.8.. teams wanting to reach the cap floor will pay a premium for those three years.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
that contract is not to bad when you consider that the last three years weber will be paid 1 million but his cap hit will be 7.8.. teams wanting to reach the cap floor will pay a premium for those three years.

That's if he chooses to play at 38, 39, 40 for a million per. Looking at the contract, can you really see him playing past 2023?

elite1prospects

Jul 4, 2013
so nashville will pay a really heavy price fo that contract back if it came to the early retirement. thats a big recapture penalty against them if they don't. if you ask me very well played by MB

elite1prospects

Jul 4, 2013
That's if he chooses to play at 38, 39, 40 for a million per. Looking at the contract, can you really see him playing past 2023?

so nashville will pay a really heavy price fo that contract back if it came to the early retirement. thats a big recapture penalty against them if they don't. if you ask me very well played by MB

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well, now that Subban's been traded, his NMC may no longer apply. Did anyone see anything about Nashville honoring it?

Doesn't look like they're honoring it.

I dont get what that has to do with mtl at all. If mtl keeps him, they cant extract his value in any trades post July 1. With the Weber trade, he essentially became Weber who has alot of value. If the time comes when mtl wants to rebuild or quite simply trade him they now can.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

What has MB to do with any of that?? If he retires playing with the habs or the preds, the preds are penalized. MB has nothing to do with that penalty.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Well, now that Subban's been traded, his NMC may no longer apply. Did anyone see anything about Nashville honoring it?

Doesn't look like they're honoring it.

This may have something to do with why Subban was traded now. If Bergevin thought he might want to trade him in the next few years, it' was probably better to trade him now before his NMC kicked in on July 1, especially given Subban's cap hit. He's more valuable to the acquiring team without the NMC too.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Why would any team ever honor a NMC if they didn't have to?

Those are generally thrown in during contract negotiations as incentive to sign for less are they not?

Yep - you'd expect that they would have.

If you're a star player (the type of which who would be offered an NMC) what would you think about being traded, and having it nullified?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
What has MB to do with any of that?? If he retires playing with the habs or the preds, the preds are penalized. MB has nothing to do with that penalty.

what hes saying is either way for montreal that contract has value.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
With that thinking i can understand why your team has done so good in the last 10 season.

Do you really believe that I am Peter Chiarelli, or the GM of any team in the NHL? :laugh::laugh:

I'm also a fan of the Habs and know full well Emelin does not belong on a 2nd pairing

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Getting back on topic, it makes no sense to move Yakupov right now.

No one seems to see any value in him, you'd basically be giving him away. A much smarter play would be to place him on McDavid's wing and see if you can build his confidence back that way.

The truth of the matter is the Oilers need effective, inexpensive wingers and Yakupov has a golden opportunity here to be just that. Giving him away to for pieces that don't help right now or picks that have the odds stacked up against them of becoming NHLers 5 years down the road is foolish.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Getting back on topic, it makes no sense to move Yakupov right now.

No one seems to see any value in him, you'd basically be giving him away. A much smarter play would be to place him on McDavid's wing and see if you can build his confidence back that way.

The truth of the matter is the Oilers need effective, inexpensive wingers and Yakupov has a golden opportunity here to be just that. Giving him away to for pieces that don't help right now or picks that have the odds stacked up against them of becoming NHLers 5 years down the road is foolish.

or just let the men play with his best friend.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box

What I heard is that the Contract means nothing to Montreal because if Weber retires before contract ends Cap hit goes back to thr preds....win win for the habs

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Hall was #3 left winger ranked by most media including The Hockey News.
Facts outweigh your personal bias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad