MrB1P's top 50 affiliated prospects. Edition 2019-2020.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Dobson ahead of Hughes is a hot take which many will disagree with but I think is sorta interesting.

I don't think Dobson over Hughes is a hot take, and I like them both a lot.

Dobson brings a size and physicality that Hughes never will and his 2 memorial cup runs are very impressive.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
To come to defense of a fellow Habs fan, Scott Wheeler of The Athletic dropped his top 50 rankings and there are 3 Habs in it so let's stop pretending @Mrb1p is a homer.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
All this hate and bias bulls**t really shows that this forum’s getting younger and younger, and that country n blood/teams colors comes first for many...
To be fair, its been pretty civil in here and Ive enjoyed most of the exchanges Ive had. There is some notiriously bad posters that have been hounding me for a year since my last rankings, though.

P10p

May 15, 2012
My answer is in your question. Ive had him in my top 20 for like three years now, at some point you have to see results

That makes no sense. Everyone knows hes under contract with the khl til next season when he comes over. How is he a lesser prospect from the same time last year or 2 years ago. If anything, he is a better player now.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I don't really follow the prospoects, but you're that high on Book?
I tought that Caufield was our best prospect.
What's your overall take on Brook, Suzuki, Poehling, Romanov and Caufield?

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

He spent 16 pages explaining his overall take. If you respect his opinion enough to ask for it, you should respect his time enough not to.

Just read the thread.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Behind every Habs prospect, I guess. But what if I think Brook is better than all of them? And what if I have thought that for a while now? Am I going to backtrack because its not a popular opinion?

No need to get so upset, it was a simple question, not even directed at you either.

That being said, you were eager to point out Suzuki/Caufield being ranked higher, so was curious about the rest. Brook, Romanov, Poehling.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

My take is that Brook has number one ceiling, low end number one, but still, while Caufield and Suzuki have top line potential but they both are a bit further along than Brook, so I rank Brook ahead, also, both are wingers and have lesser value than D's, unless Goal Gaulfield decides he's gonna score 60, but thats unlikely. Poehling ranks right around those and Romanov too because they have lesser ceilings.

No need to get so upset, it was a simple question, not even directed at you either.

That being said, you were eager to point out Suzuki/Caufield being ranked higher, so was curious about the rest. Brook, Romanov, Poehling.

I'm not upset, I'm just explaining my thoughts. Suzuki is at 15, Caufield at 25, Poehling at 50 and Brook unranked.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
You had Mittelstatd and Necas over Pettersson last year, shows how much we should value these lists.

Literally every single prospect list will have massive errors when you look back at it with hindsight, even just one year later. Turns out evaluating prospects is pretty damn hard.

Reactions: d rake

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Nice list in general!

Not a big fan of Heponiemi or did you just forget about a near ppg rookie from liiga?

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I appreciate people making their own lists you've clearly put alot of thought in it.

I do think there is a touch of homerism but thats ok! You know your teams guys well, nothing wrong with that. I guess the only thing i found a little confusing is you saying how great Romanov was at the WJC but then didnt have Denisenko on the list. He was incredible at the WJC and they were on the same team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brook was the #1 defenseman on the team that won the Memorial Cup? Oh no, that's right, that was Dobson.
I dont know how you can say Brook was better than Dobson at the WJC. I just did not see it.

I dont know how you can rank Brook ahead of Brannstrom either at this point however he could be right its not impossible. Brook is a good prospect, no doubt just not as good as OP believes but thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I dont know how you can say Brook was better than Dobson at the WJC. I just did not see it.

I dont know how you can rank Brook ahead of Brannstrom either at this point however he could be right its not impossible. Brook is a good prospect, no doubt just not as good as OP believes but thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

I did not say any of that. Re-read my post.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nice list in general!

Not a big fan of Heponiemi or did you just forget about a near ppg rookie from liiga?
I like him. Like his speed and skills, I rate him around Frost, but someone had to be left off. A lot of talent is still off the board, so its not exactly an insult either. Looking forward to what he can do this year, hes small but him producing in a grindy league like the liiga bodes well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I appreciate people making their own lists you've clearly put alot of thought in it.

I do think there is a touch of homerism but thats ok! You know your teams guys well, nothing wrong with that. I guess the only thing i found a little confusing is you saying how great Romanov was at the WJC but then didnt have Denisenko on the list. He was incredible at the WJC and they were on the same team.
Denisenko struggled again in the MHL, he looks good but I cant wrap my head around why he doesnt produce there. I also didnt like him in the KHL this year and Im not sure this was a good development year for him. He doesnt seem to have progressed like I expected him to. Again, not unlike Heponiemi, Boqvist, Elvenes, Kyrou there had to he a few left off the board, theres just so many great smaller offensively skilled wingers that it becomes really hard to make a list, all those guys +a few others in my bottom 25 are really close and its mostly small differences that made them make the cut or not. Im unsure about all this talent though, if they all pan out the NHL will have a heck of a talent infusion. I meam laws of probability are not on their side, but well see.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
My take is that Brook has number one ceiling, low end number one, but still, while Caufield and Suzuki have top line potential but they both are a bit further along than Brook, so I rank Brook ahead, also, both are wingers and have lesser value than D's, unless Goal Gaulfield decides he's gonna score 60, but thats unlikely. Poehling ranks right around those and Romanov too because they have lesser ceilings.

Interesting! Thanks for your take! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad