MrB1P's top 50 affiliated prospects. Edition 2019-2020.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Woo had 9 less points in 6 more games after suffering a concussion that took him quite a few games to recover from once coming back. Brook got like twice the PP time too. Woo has a better slapper, Brook the better wrister, Brook skates better with the puck, Woo's outlet passes are better. Woo is miles better defensively, more physical and makes less risky plays.

Woo is already on a much better trajectory than Brook was at the same age. Remember Woo is a year younger and absolutely was the better player at 18 than Brook was at 18. Like it's not even close. The fact that there are Warriors fans that think Woo is already better while being a year younger speaks volumes to Brooks overall play. He put up points for sure but there is a lot more to hockey than just putting up points and Woo did it better at the same age while also being a more well rounded player in every facet.

The only thing that is annoying is people overrating their favourite teams players, in this case massively. But you'll find out soon enough.
This 100%. Woo>Brook any day of the week.

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Why do you think so? What does Woo do better than Brook?
Defensive consistency and decision making, cleaner breakouts and passing, stronger on the puck. Brook may be a more offensive threat but I’d say Woo’s composure and strong play in his own end, combined with his adept offensive skills, gives him a higher chance to be an impact defenseman in the NHL.

Reactions: Fenris

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Development isnt linear. We have updated info on Brook so there is no reason not to use it.

In some cases yes but when they play on the same team and one outperformed the other at the same age. You are 100% free to use Brooks current season to prove he is better than Woo but even the current info on Brook doesnt put him ahead in many people's books outside of those who stat watch and Habs fans who have an obvious bias for Brook. My buddy that sits below me at Warriors games puts Woo ahead of Brook and he is a Habs fan.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Except producing at 18 in the CHL is more predictive of success then producing at 19 in the CHL. Development isn't always linear, but being better at the same ages tends to be predictive.

Yep. Its exhausting trying to debate with people who very clearly arent Warriors fans and very clearly are Brook fans on who is the better player between them. Anyone that watched the team this year without Habs blinders on can see Woo was better.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yep. Its exhausting trying to debate with people who very clearly arent Warriors fans and very clearly are Brook fans on who is the better player between them. Anyone that watched the team this year without Habs blinders on can see Woo was better.
You know whats exhausting? You thinking you hold the absolute truth because you watch WHL games, oh so precious WHL games. Impossible to watch, the holy grail of hockey games.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Defensive consistency and decision making, cleaner breakouts and passing, stronger on the puck. Brook may be a more offensive threat but I’d say Woo’s composure and strong play in his own end, combined with his adept offensive skills, gives him a higher chance to be an impact defenseman in the NHL.
Its true that Woo has better decision making and that hes stronger on the puck, but you could say the same thing about Jett Woo and Cale Makar. Doesnt make him better, it just makes him safer, and this is what I saw any time Ive seen him play, a safe but unimpressive player. Is he likely a NHL player? Yeah. What will he be ? Probably a number 4.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You know whats exhausting? You thinking you hold the absolute truth because you watch WHL games, oh so precious WHL games. Impossible to watch, the holy grail of hockey games.

Ladies and gents this is what it looks like when someone has no counter argument and resorts to childish behavior in an effort to end a discussion they are clearly losing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ladies and gents this is what it looks like when someone has no counter argument and resorts to childish behavior in an effort to end a discussion they are clearly losing.
You literally have brought nothing to the conversation aside from "I have season tickets and I know more than puny Habs fans who just want to overrate their prospects."

winnipegsfinest

May 16, 2019
Winnipeg
Warriors fan here who would also take Woo over Brook. I think he’s better offensively too :sarcasm: Watching him play for the Hitmen is going to make me cry.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You literally have brought nothing to the conversation aside from "I have season tickets and I know more than puny Habs fans who just want to overrate their prospects."

And what did you bring to the conversation exactly? I’ve seen multiple occasions where people have broken down why they prefer Woo as a prospect, and your only retort has been “you don’t know more just because you’ve seen them more.”

Do you ever get nervous with the amount of stones you throw from your glass house? I know, I know, the glass came from a Montreal glass manufacturer so the house is inherently a stronger glass, but still...

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
And what did you bring to the conversation exactly? I’ve seen multiple occasions where people have broken down why they prefer Woo as a prospect, and your only retort has been “you don’t know more just because you’ve seen them more.”

Do you ever get nervous with the amount of stones you throw from your glass house? I know, I know, the glass came from a Montreal glass manufacturer so the house is inherently a stronger glass, but still...

Okay, anyway, you can go back one page and I detail why I think these posters are wrong, what do they respond with ? "WeLl I'vE sEeN tHeM mORe"

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Okay, anyway, you can go back one page and I detail why I think these posters are wrong, what do they respond with ? "WeLl I'vE sEeN tHeM mORe"

In their defense, they watch the team on a game in game out basis, and as a result have likely been watching Brook before you even knew who Brook was. They have a greater deal of exposure and it’s entirely possible they have seen something you haven’t. The problem I’ve noticed in this thread is that you posted some unique opinions, then ask people to be polite and debate, but then you belittle anyone with a different opinion because you believe your opinion carries more weight. Like you just have some greater understanding of hockey than your peers.

At the same time, watching players more, especially a team you are a fan of, can cloud judgement and make you think you know something others don’t. Unfortunately, I think you also fall victim to it and that’s been covered ad nauseam in the thread with how you view a few prospects. That being said, all of this doesn’t absolve people (100% myself included) for getting into petty arguments, but you seem to pushing a lot of blame onto the shoulders of other people when you are engaging in the same empty arguments.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I told you that many Warriors fans prefer Woo over Brook. Not just me but a good chunk of people that have watched these kids play for years on the same team. I'm just trying to temper your expectations here because you aren't getting the type of prospect you think you are getting and you are going to be very disappointed when he doesn't reach the potential you think he will.

The kind of potential that makes you rank him 13th among all drafted prospects in the world.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In their defense, they watch the team on a game in game out basis, and as a result have likely been watching Brook before you even knew who Brook was. They have a greater deal of exposure and it’s entirely possible they have seen something you haven’t. The problem I’ve noticed in this thread is that you posted some unique opinions, then ask people to be polite and debate, but then you belittle anyone with a different opinion because you believe your opinion carries more weight. Like you just have some greater understanding of hockey than your peers.

At the same time, watching players more, especially a team you are a fan of, can cloud judgement and make you think you know something others don’t. Unfortunately, I think you also fall victim to it and that’s been covered ad nauseam in the thread with how you view a few prospects. That being said, all of this doesn’t absolve people (100% myself included) for getting into petty arguments, but you seem to pushing a lot of blame onto the shoulders of other people when you are engaging in the same empty arguments.

Nah, read again, I call his argument BS because it's an appeal to autorithy. It's not a good argument. Plenty of people have come in here to actually discuss players, instead of just telling me "Well Ive seen him more, so I know more." Thats just not an argument. I also won't take thirthy minutes of my time to answer someone that can't even go past simple sophism.

I told you that many Warriors fans prefer Woo over Brook. Not just me but a good chunk of people that have watched these kids play for years on the same team. I'm just trying to temper your expectations here because you aren't getting the type of prospect you think you are getting and you are going to be very disappointed when he doesn't reach the potential you think he will.

The kind of potential that makes you rank him 13th among all drafted prospects in the world.

It doesn't matter that many Warriors fans prefer Woo over Brook. Plenty of Habs fan think Mete sucks and plenty of Habs fan thought that Kotkaniemi was a bad pick. The majority usually isn't too smart. I also don't need you to temper my expectations, my expectations were tempered before this year, but Brook shattered those, even if you would like to admit it or not.

Again, same problem here, you look at me from atop your soapbox with a smug look on your face and have the guts to tell me "I'm just trying to temper your expectations here because you aren't getting the type of prospect you think you are getting and you are going ot be very disappointed..." This, again, is the same thing you've been doing for the past four posts now, that Ive asked you to stop doing and to bring something else to the conversation.

You are aware that some people think the earth is flat ? Yes, thats how stupid people are, and this is why I'm not going to take anyones word for it, but a few people I trust. Plenty of people on the Habs board, including me, have been discussing Brook and many other prospects and plenty have agreed with me, does that make you wrong if you think he's not that kind of prospect ? No. It makes it your opinion, and others have other opinions.

I'd appreciate it if the conversation would be kept honest, and also that we'd keep a certain level of standards for our exchanges, I didn't put hours and hours of my times these past three-four years to scout all these guys to have some dude come in here and tell me "Well huh a few friends and I have tickets and we think you're wrong". Nah.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Nah, read again, I call his argument BS because it's an appeal to autorithy. It's not a good argument. Plenty of people have come in here to actually discuss players, instead of just telling me "Well Ive seen him more, so I know more." Thats just not an argument. I also won't take thirthy minutes of my time to answer someone that can't even go past simple sophism.

It doesn't matter that many Warriors fans prefer Woo over Brook. Plenty of Habs fan think Mete sucks and plenty of Habs fan thought that Kotkaniemi was a bad pick. The majority usually isn't too smart. I also don't need you to temper my expectations, my expectations were tempered before this year, but Brook shattered those, even if you would like to admit it or not.

Again, same problem here, you look at me from atop your soapbox with a smug look on your face and have the guts to tell me "I'm just trying to temper your expectations here because you aren't getting the type of prospect you think you are getting and you are going ot be very disappointed..." This, again, is the same thing you've been doing for the past four posts now, that Ive asked you to stop doing and to bring something else to the conversation.

You are aware that some people think the earth is flat ? Yes, thats how stupid people are, and this is why I'm not going to take anyones word for it, but a few people I trust. Plenty of people on the Habs board, including me, have been discussing Brook and many other prospects and plenty have agreed with me, does that make you wrong if you think he's not that kind of prospect ? No. It makes it your opinion, and others have other opinions.

I'd appreciate it if the conversation would be kept honest, and also that we'd keep a certain level of standards for our exchanges, I didn't put hours and hours of my times these past three-four years to scout all these guys to have some dude come in here and tell me "Well huh a few friends and I have tickets and we think you're wrong". Nah.

I gave you valid reasons as to why I think that but just like with every other exchange you've had with countless posters in this thread you ignore them and then have the audacity to say they arent bringing anything to the conversation. You cant be swayed on your opinion at all. Especially when it comes to Habs prospects. Its blatant homerism.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I gave you valid reasons as to why I think that but just like with every other exchange you've had with countless posters in this thread you ignore them and then have the audacity to say they arent bringing anything to the conversation. You cant be swayed on your opinion at all. Especially when it comes to Habs prospects. Its blatant homerism.
Can you be swayed on the opinion you have of a player youve watched for countless hours? No? Why would I be? Ive debated with you and someone else about Woo, we all pretty much agreed on Woo and we still had different opinions on their ceiling. Thats what this thread is, my opinion, nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad