MrB1P's top 50 affiliated prospects. Edition 2019-2020.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Arent u the one with ylonen and Primeau over Caufield, Suzuki and Poehling???
If not, my bad

Yeah, I still have Primeau over any prospects we have outside of KK since a top 10 starter in this league has more value than a first pairing defenseman or a top line winger and thats exactly what I project Primeau to become, an impact starter at the NHL level... I also have Ylonen pretty high, higher than about any Habs fan but in my recent Habs top prospects rankings, both Caufield and Poehling passed him even if I have all 3 at about the same spot, I think its interchangeable at this point...

Im also the one who had Seider ranked 4th on my list about 1 month before the draft and Broberg at 6 for a while... They finally went 6 and 8 and time will prove they will be awesome picks...

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah, I still have Primeau over any prospects we have outside of KK since a top 10 starter in this league has more value than a first pairing defenseman or a top line winger and thats exactly what I project Primeau to become, an impact starter at the NHL level... I also have Ylonen pretty high, higher than about any Habs fan but in my recent Habs top prospects rankings, both Caufield and Poehling passed him even if I have all 3 at about the same spot, I think its interchangeable at this point...

Im also the one who had Seider ranked 4th on my list about 1 month before the draft and Broberg at 6 for a while... They finally went 6 and 8 and time will prove they will be awesome picks...
That's why you shouldn't call other people lists bad

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This is a really random list. Why is Nick Robertson on here? Why is Newhook so high? Bouchard not even top 50 but Brooks is 13? And really Romanov at 32?

Really weird list.

Nick Robertson is also somehow above his brother... who was drafted higher, produced better In his draft year and has been trending upwards since then to were he arguably the Stars best prospect right now

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nick Robertson is also somehow above his brother... who was drafted higher, produced better In his draft year and has been trending upwards since then to were he arguably the Stars best prospect right now
Aside from stats and draft pedigree, can you tell me why you disagree?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Yes, you are notorious for being an international play watcher, we all know. Tell me again, did Matthews score the 100 points you predicted?

Also, wouldnt you agree Wilde just had a great season, or did I dream of this one?

Last edited:

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Genuinely curious why Boqvist > Q.Hughes? The consensus seems to say otherwise, so wondering what you see in Boqvist/dont see in Hughes that leads you to consistently put Boqvist higher.

Reactions: BabyPanda

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Yes, you are notorious for being an international play watcher, we all know. Tell me again, did Matthews score the 100 points you predicted?

Also, wouldnt you agree Wilde just had a great season, or did I dream of this one?

Matthews got severely injured this year, I told you he would get multi 100 pts seasons over his carreer, it wasnt related to 1 season only to refresh your memory...

About international play or overall scouting, you watched alot more than I did, you spend your whole life scouting those kids while I do it for fun on my free time, I started to watch those kids more intensively about 2-3 months before the draft and still ended up having a more realistic and accurate 1st round list than yours, so tell me about that...

As for Bode Wilde, I told you he would drop big time because of his poor IQ, wasnt expecting him to drop that low lol, but he did... Didnt watch him at all this year beside some playoffs games against the Storm where he showed the exact same concerns...

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The majority of people on HF can't even evaluate NHL talent properly... so how are they gonna evaluate prospects that theyve seen way less of properly? That said, it makes for a fun topic to argue over.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So what your own evaluations and projections are about regarding Primeau and Ylonen?
In a simple world, I see Primeau as a top end G prospect but with goalies u just never know. Other than that, I hope Primeau can get quicker (reflexes), and move around the net a bit faster. However, I won't disagree he's a top end prospect. The dude is gonna play in the A at 20 years of age. Pretty impressive.
As for Ylonen, I see all tools but with no toolbox. What's the point of having all those tools if you just can't put it all together. Without a toolbox, you can only carry as many tools with you. Same for Ylonen, if he can't put it all together, by the time he gets to the NHL, he will lose many of his skills. What I mean is that, when I watch Ylonen, and I have watched a lot, he does everything good but never all at the same time. Either he skates well or shows off his skills. Not both at the same time. The same for the rest of his skills.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
In a simple world, I see Primeau as a top end G prospect but with goalies u just never know. Other than that, I hope Primeau can get quicker (reflexes), and move around the net a bit faster. However, I won't disagree he's a top end prospect. The dude is gonna play in the A at 20 years of age. Pretty impressive.
As for Ylonen, I see all tools but with no toolbox. What's the point of having all those tools if you just can't put it all together. Without a toolbox, you can only carry as many tools with you. Same for Ylonen, if he can't put it all together, by the time he gets to the NHL, he will lose many of his skills. What I mean is that, when I watch Ylonen, and I have watched a lot, he does everything good but never all at the same time. Either he skates well or shows off his skills. Not both at the same time. The same for the rest of his skills.
I saw him carrying a whole line at the WJC, he outscored guys like Kupari Tolvainen despite them having the big minutes on the PP... He displayed some high end skills, very good IQ and a willingness to play solid hockey on 200 ft., was also a threat on the PP when given the chance, TBH, you couldnt expect more from the guy in the role he was given for that tournament... You see no toolbox, I see plenty of potential, he is right there in the mix with our best prospects and you will probably agree with me when he starts racking up points like crazy next season in the Liga...

Kupari is a one with some great tools, but no toolbox, not Ylonen...

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Didnt we disagree on Ylonen earlier this year? Because thats exactly my sentiment too.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Didnt we disagree on Ylonen earlier this year? Because thats exactly my sentiment too.
I dont think so. That has been my opinion of him ever since. I hope to see more this season. Hes got the potential for sure. And he knows it himself hes gotta put it all together

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Genuinely curious why Boqvist > Q.Hughes? The consensus seems to say otherwise, so wondering what you see in Boqvist/dont see in Hughes that leads you to consistently put Boqvist higher.
Thanks for asking.

I just love Boqvist shot and the whole offensive dimension it opens up. Hes such an elite shooter that, when coupled with similar skills to Quinn, he just seems unstoppable. Plus the way Adam plays in comparison to Quinn. Boqvist plays a much more tradiotional offensivengame. Hes also quite a bit bigger now, which bodes well for his career.

Lets also not forget that Adam is 10 months younger than Quinn.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I dont think so. That has been my opinion of him ever since. I hope to see more this season. Hes got the potential for sure. And he knows it himself hes gotta put it all together
Often times I just feel he doesnt know what he can do, and yeah, Id call that an IQ problem. He has such special physical tools with his hands, skating and shot but sometimes he plays like if he was Phil Danault or something.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Often times I just feel he doesnt know what he can do, and yeah, Id call that an IQ problem. He has such special physical tools with his hands, skating and shot but sometimes he plays like if he was Phil Danault or something.
It might be IQ but it might also be a lack of total confidence in his abilities which i hope is the case over the former.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Dobson ahead of Hughes is a hot take which many will disagree with but I think is sorta interesting.

P10p

May 15, 2012
That’s a lot of words to say that you didn’t watch the player. After a slow season and overscouting led him to fall from a consensus top-3 pick to 30th last year, Veleno played an outstanding two-way game throughout this entire year, after nearly forcing his way on to the Wings’ roster. The kind of performance and visible progression you would have been very justifiably excited about had he been picked 3rd overall. Draft position should not factor in considering the established prestige of the player. I cannot respect any list that doesn’t include him inside the top-20, when there is no argument for him to be outside of the top-10.

Yes... over scouting is what cause him to drop... over scouting......

P10p

May 15, 2012
Also why is kaprizov so low. Lowest I've seen him on a list in literally years.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Man this thread is painful and unreadable for the most part. It's the dude's personal list - you don't have to agree with it! I don't agree with most of it..

Just say why you think player X should be ranked higher than player Y and just agree to disagree respectfully, for everyone's sake.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenris and Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad