Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
in the past few games, Reimer has let in that one goal that he SHOULD have stopped and we lost in overtime. Washington, Detroit, Tampa, and Tonight, all 3 of 4 games the first period the Leafs were down by 3 goals. 1 game was ended by an empty net goal [Washington], 1 game the Leafs had the lead [tampa for 1.04 minutes].

Might want to take a peek at Bernier's post-break game boxscores, Daisy.

Edit: Meant to edit that one into the above, not do a double-post. Oops.

mikebel111*

looks like you love mediocrity

see I can play that game too...

:laugh:
Grabo was terribad last season
Bozak is better in every facet than him well less skill, but if grabo wont do anything. What is the use?
But yeah those spinoramas

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm not really feeling any emotional discomfort from this loss, or most of the other games this year.

I'd have to say out of 5 decades of supporting this team this current version may be one of the least likeable teams.

Its funny because I feel the very same way.

I'm not overly disappointed by all the losses because truth be told they're not unexpected because the team is so poor defensively, and poorly assembled.

Much like you the emotional attachment to this current team seems a lot less than other decades based on likeability.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Might want to take a peek at Bernier's post-break game boxscores, Daisy.

Edit: Meant to edit that one into the above, not do a double-post. Oops.

Bernier = 2 regulation losses in his past 18 starts. In 6 games since the Olympic break, he has helped his team to 5 games that resulted in 1 or 2 points.

leafstilldeath*

:laugh:
Grabo was terribad last season
Bozak is better in every facet than him well less skill, but if grabo wont do anything. What is the use?
But yeah those spinoramas

come on man you really expect 29 year old Bozak to continue this hot streak for the remainder of his contract?

hell even half of his contract?

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I can't believe it's all over. We're done like poop. Nice knowing you playoffs. No way we win with Reimer in net. Despite this, I can't believe he still has a .910 save percentage.

get out of here Erza.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
he's really into numerology, not that interesting for myself. i like coast more, but its turned pretty crappy as of late. art bell was the best.

Well, I'm fairly drunk thanks to the Leafs (should really say Reimer) but literally nothing this guy has said in the past half hour has made any sense to me lol;.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Well, I guess Leafs brass really screwed up firing Burke.

We need a major shakeup or two this offseason, and I don't think Nonis is that kind of GM. We'll see I guess.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Well, I'm fairly drunk thanks to the Leafs (should really say Reimer) but literally nothing this guy has said in the past half hour has made any sense to me lol;.
I used to pass out to LeafsTalk and wake up to this stuff being on. It was pretty weird.:)

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
It was just one bad bounce that cost the game... My gawd all he has to do is say something along the lines of yah, I need to save one of those but no he can't. The team in front of him makes mistakes but that doesn't make it ok for him to just let the puck in and dissolve himself of any responsibility.

I really don't care what he says to the media, I mean his confidence is at an all time low, I don't think he'll want to publicly **** on himself even more.

As long as he owns up to it in the locker room and to his teammates, that's fine with me.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Bernier = 2 regulation losses in his past 18 starts. In 6 games since the Olympic break, he has helped his team to 5 games that resulted in 1 or 2 points.

Reimer's record is nearly the mirror opposite as Leafs have only won 4 of the last 18 or 19 games (counting tonight) with him starting in net..

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Heh.

Definitely not things that happened in the past few with Reimer. Nope, not at all.

Reimer hasn't been able to win games for us at all. Do you understand why people are mad at him? Bernier is injured and he has a shot to redeem himself. But nope, his back breaking goals early on is what killed the team and the stats don't lie as well. What is it 4 wins in his last 17 starts? That is unacceptable, especially since we're in a tight spot.

I understand Bernier performance after the break was not up to his standards, but I figured he was going to be alright and he just needed more time to adjust himself playing. Still, Bernier got us the win despite not playing up to his standards.

Bernier won us some games, Reimer didn't. End of question.

mikebel111*

come on man you really expect 29 year old Bozak to continue this hot streak for the remainder of his contract?

hell even half of his contract?

I never said that. I want to see this production atleast half of next season as well before i consider him a legit number 1 C.
However calling bozak mediocre is flat out wrong. He has been great this year

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
That in my opinion is the biggest problem. Carlyle's system is not working with this team unless goalie stands on his head. Carlyle refuses to change his system to adjust to his team and the results are there for everyone to see.

I gotta ask what is Carlyles system? I have watched every minute (well close) of Leaf games since he took charge I have no idea what the "system" is to get out of their own end. At one time it appeared to be reversing the puck every time it came on your stick, drove me nuts. After rotten Ron I thought the team would tighten up, not so.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Reimer hasn't been able to win games for us at all. Do you understand why people are mad at him? Bernier is injured and he has a shot to redeem himself. But nope, his back breaking goals early on is what killed the team and the stats don't lie as well. What is it 4 wins in his last 17 starts? That is unacceptable, especially since we're in a tight spot.

I understand Bernier performance after the break was up to his standards, but I figured he was going to be alright and he just needed more time to adjust himself playing. Still, Bernier got us the win despite not playing up to his standards.

Bernier won us some games, Reimer didn't. End of question.

It was really the worst time for Bernier to get hurt. And if he looked shaky coming out of the Olympic break, I honestly don't believe he'll settle in until the second game he starts (esp. coming off an injury), which of course at this point every game matters.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
For the record I don't think Reimer has been anywhere near lights-out -- but neither has Bernier since the break, and the entire roster has been flat on top of that.

Carlyle can't manage his ****ing roster half the time (breaks up hot lines like a boss, and really odd d-pairings that have gaping weaknesses) and was a total ****** throwing Reimer under the boss, and I don't think it's particularly fair -- but What Have You Done For Me Lately Nation loves their scapegoats.

Oh me either, and it's clear he blew it tonight. He had a great chance to come back and ride into playoffs with home ice - but didn't.

But to say Reimer is the reason the Leafs miss the playoffs is entirely off the mark.

No, the Leafs will/may/probably/might miss playoffs due to being a bottom tier defensive team and having a cast of questionable leaders with one dimensional play and/or a sense of entitlement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad