Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I can't believe it's all over. We're done like poop. Nice knowing you playoffs. No way we win with Reimer in net. Despite this, I can't believe he still has a .910 save percentage.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Wow that post game interview by Reimer pisses me off. At least take credit for having a bad game and costing your team a chance at a win. Ridiculous.

It was just one bad bounce that cost the game... My gawd all he has to do is say something along the lines of yah, I need to save one of those but no he can't. The team in front of him makes mistakes but that doesn't make it ok for him to just let the puck in and dissolve himself of any responsibility.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Carlyle not using the players to their strength is player's fault?

bozak got handed the 1C on a silver platter without ever working for it. SUCKED at it without two elite wingers.

18 wheeler went of the cliff seson before last when Lupul got injured where the **** was bozak then?

nobody blamed bozo because he was given that role. He was and still is a 1C on this team by default not by choice. you believe what you want to believe.

Singing praises of a player based on one season and shunning another player based on one season might be your thing not mine.

In other words, nothing good Bozak does will ever be good enough for you. Not a surprise. Tell me you still would prefer Grabovski at 5.5 over Bozak at 4.2 despite a 43 - 16 point differential right?

leafstilldeath*

How many points did you expect Bozak to score straight out of college? PPG? :sarcasm:

nope. I didnt expect bozo to be centering the first line of NHL team with elite wingers. That is one horse-shoe up his ass. A mystery that shall remain unsolved for eternity

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
Off the reimer topic for a second, whats up with kessel lobbing pizzas all over the place the last few games? Fatigue? He has been even more careless then usual.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
What? :laugh:

Every goalie lets in a softie, you can't seriously use that argument.

Plus, that game was in the early of the season. They had a chance to make it up for the loss. Tonight's game screwed us over badly and it was because of that piece of **** goaltender.

I thought the whole reason everyone is mad at Reimer is due to the 2 softies he let in in the first and dug a 2-0 hole to get out of.

How about the Grabner 2xSH goal against the Islanders? Or that time he gets stripped of the puck in the corner and someone scores on the wraparound (can't recall which game)? Or any of the examples Espher listed.

Any of those wins would have resulted in a larger cushion right now. Sure Reimer played awful tonight, but Bernier has had his share of WTF moments as well.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Anyone actually keep listening to am 640 after Leafs talk? Some truly weird ****. This guy is going on about aligning his intentions with Crimean spiritual energies. Something about the worm moon causing this all.....lol

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
ok ok, the leafs lost tonight because of bozak.

ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY NOW?

leafstilldeath*

I like Kadri but he sucked between those same two elite wingers

lol have you looked at the time Kadri played with them vs bozo with them?

Did kadri play with them extended period of time? wow just wow

that said,

I don't want kadri at 1C not yet, need someone better especially on the 1st unit PP with offensive instincts

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Anyone actually keep listening to am 640 after Leafs talk? Some truly weird ****. This guy is going on about aligning his intentions with Crimean spiritual energies. Something about the worm moon causing this all.....lol

is it the spaceman or coast to coast am?

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
I thought the whole reason everyone is mad at Reimer is due to the 2 softies he let in in the first and dug a 2-0 hole to get out of.

How about the Grabner 2xSH goal against the Islanders? Or that time he gets stripped of the puck in the corner and someone scores on the wraparound (can't recall which game)? Or any of the examples Espher listed.

Any of those wins would have resulted in a larger cushion right now. Sure Reimer played awful tonight, but Bernier has had his share of WTF moments as well.

For the record I don't think Reimer has been anywhere near lights-out -- but neither has Bernier since the break, and the entire roster has been flat on top of that.

Carlyle can't manage his ****ing roster half the time (breaks up hot lines like a boss, and really odd d-pairings that have gaping weaknesses) and was a total ****** throwing Reimer under the boss, and I don't think it's particularly fair -- but What Have You Done For Me Lately Nation loves their scapegoats.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Tough loss.

Reimer had a rough game, but he is not the only problem here. At all.

The Leafs cannot tighten up defensively. I'm not sure what happened to Carlyle's system of last year, but it is gone.

I really do hate to be pessimistic, but in my opinion the Leafs are toast in terms of playoffs this year. It's not looking good at all.

Bernier might bail them out, but I can't help but wonder if it's for the best or not.

Depressing. :(

Still props to the Habs. They didn't look great, but they made good use of their opportunities. Price was solid.

leafstilldeath*

In other words, nothing good Bozak does will ever be good enough for you. Not a surprise. Tell me you still would prefer Grabovski at 5.5 over Bozak at 4.2 despite a 43 - 16 point differential right?

If bozak can sustain his success for extended period of time i.e. season after season that yes it will be good.

For now its only one season, and he has only shown success with elite wingers. There is nothing WOW worthy with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

KLM-Line

May 8, 2007
Munich
I'm not really feeling any emotional discomfort from this loss, or most of the other games this year.

I'd have to say out of 5 decades of supporting this team this current version may be one of the least likeable teams.

Copy that. Too much of an indifferent attitude (Kessel, Bozak, ...) or verbal bravado compensating for cerebral shortcomings (Phaneuf, Clarkson, ...).

Add to that Carlyle's boring game plan which at its climax seems to end in an epic choke.

Not enough of smart hockey nor likeable characters on that team. Ironically Reimer is one of the few Leafs who stands out (too bad his ceiling isn't starter material).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Every goaltender has bad goals. I mean Mike Smith scored on himself because the puck was in his pants. Luongo had a brutal one, as did Quick. Bernier's let in some real softies, and he got torn up because of them.

But in a time where every single team is going to overtime, Reimer can't even hold on to get us there. We're down 3 nothing or 3-2 and then we tie it up and then it's the 4th goal for the last few games. And again. at the end of the day, even if you want to tally up all the "yes this coverage shouldn't have happened, and people are tossing pizza's up the ice, and the flukes,and whatever." which always happens in game..

in the past few games, Reimer has let in that one goal that he SHOULD have stopped and we lost in overtime. Washington, Detroit, Tampa, and Tonight, all 3 of 4 games the first period the Leafs were down by 3 goals. 1 game was ended by an empty net goal [Washington], 1 game the Leafs had the lead [tampa for 1.04 minutes].

there's always a reason and I lay some of it [hell most of it] at the defense and lazy play of the Leafs at times, but I mean come. on.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

Those we're not softies at all. First one was an unfortunate bounce that hit Riellys skate and goes in and the second SH goals was bad defensive coverage. Bernier has played well for most of the season and sure he struggled from the first few game but afterwards I thought he played well untill he got injured during the L.A.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It was just one bad bounce that cost the game... My gawd all he has to do is say something along the lines of yah, I need to save one of those but no he can't. The team in front of him makes mistakes but that doesn't make it ok for him to just let the puck in and dissolve himself of any responsibility.

Reims shouldn't be left off the hook for a bad game but neither should his teammates.

We start off the game giving up breakaways and odd man rushes , we then fight our way back only to have JVR take a stupid penalty . Our captain who we're on the hook for 50 mil had a chance to clear the puck and coughed it up leading to the winning goal.

This is a total team meltdown and having too always rely on your goalie to bail you put is a recipe for disaster .

leafstilldeath*

Copy that. Too much of an indifferent attitude (Kessel, Bozak, ...) or verbal bravado compensating for cerebral shortcomings (Phaneuf, Clarkson, ...).

Add to that Carlyle's boring game plan which at its climax seems to end in an epic choke.

Not enough of smart hockey nor likeable characters on that team. Ironically Reimer is one of the few Leafs who stands out (too bad his ceiling isn't starter material).

That in my opinion is the biggest problem. Carlyle's system is not working with this team unless goalie stands on his head. Carlyle refuses to change his system to adjust to his team and the results are there for everyone to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad