Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was expecting a better defensive performance due to the situation and usual goaltending.

Reimer save% last night was well below his average btw and his GAa is closer to 3 than 4 btw.

Personally I think it's silly to say something statistically unlikely to happen was statistically expected, but I'm crazy like that.

Leafs on average give up 35 shots a night.. Yesterday they gave up 36 shots against.

If a goalie stops 32 of 35 shots on average = .914 sv% but also a 3 GAA. Reimer has a .910 sv% on the season.

Reimer has a 3.32 GAA which is > 3 but less than < 4 but since there is no such thing as 1/2 goals you either need to round up or round down to the whole numbers within game scores.

Statistically in this game the results played out just like moneyball would have suggested they would have. Leafs gave up their quota of shots against and Reimer sv% and GAA played out to > 3 goals against. ( just 3 GAA also a probability but that would have meant Reimer exceeded both his yearly GAA and SV% to surrender only 3).

No surprises here at least not for me based on previous result analysis its all about the law of averages.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Leafs on average give up 35 shots a night.. Yesterday they gave up 36 shots against.

If a goalie stops 32 of 35 shots on average = .914 sv% but also a 3 GAA. Reimer has a .910 sv% on the season.

Reimer has a 3.32 GAA which is > 3 but less than < 4 but since there is no such thing as 1/2 goals you either need to round up or round down to the whole numbers within game scores.

Statistically in this game the results played out just like moneyball would have suggested they would have. Leafs gave up their quota of shots against and Reimer sv% and GAA played out to 4 goals against. (3 GAA also a probability but that would have meant Reimer exceeded both his yearly GAA and SV% to surrender only 3).

No surprises here at least not for me based on previous result analysis.
Which is closer to his average save%? Which is closer to his GAA?

This isn't tough stuff Mess. The numbers you're using are slightly higher than going on to the game btw

Brozak

i scoreded a goal
May 30, 2009
Kitchener, ON
Never have I seen so much... DESERVED criticism for a player. Reimer was absolutely brutal last night. Leafs were all over the Habs, and every chance they had they scored a soft goal here or there. Really frustrating. I wish he'd start rejecting post game interviews because really, what's the point?

Hope he finds himself soon because the Leafs NEED Reimer as much as they need Bernier. This team is lost without solid goaltending.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Leafs deserved a victory last night.

It's a damn shame Montreal walked away with those 2 points, Leafs were better in almost every way except in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad