Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Man, I really hope uncle randy gets the boot.

I'm not emotionally connected with this team taking the next step and it's because of Carlyle. We have a good team but he's got to change his approach of 70% defence compared to 30% offense if his micromanaging ways will pan out with this group.

The team is behind the 8 ball each and every game do to his stupidity of not utilizing puck moving D men to kick start the teams offensive zone time in gear and not receiving the game but dictate the game for once from the start not to mention the love for Mcclemet that I will never understand.... Riemer is stinking the joint right now and it's shades of Ron Wilson's last season as coach goaltending sinking the confidence of the group in front. Carlyle deserves this just feel bad for the rest of the team especially the D core cause IT'S CARLYLE'S FAULT WHY THIS TEAM ROPE & DOPES RECEIVING THE DAM GAME ALL THE TIME... It's not until the team is down by 2 goals when the shackles come off the PMD Gardiner & Rielly does this team start to dictate the game WTF. Both should be in the top 4 take Gunnarsson off the top pairing and put him where he belongs in the #5 slot used primarily for Defensive purposes when called upon. 2way hockey involves offense something that Carlyle's 70% defensive micromanaged bench coaching mind set holds this team back from taking the next step... it's always too late with Carlyle the team has to be losing before the #FreeJakeGardiner & #FreeMorgan Rielly takes place for the team to play the way they should be from the start to finish and to hold leads.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Hard to believe Calgary has a better GA average than us. Heck Buffalo are better GA. Reimer was not good, but we do have problems giving up chances. Personnel, system, coaching. Maybe all of the above.

We've been in the bottom 5-10 in Goals Against per game in 8 of the past 9 seasons. Almost a decade of terrible defence, or goaltending, or a combination of both.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Oh is did the team tell you they hate him? So in your opinion we could be cup contenders with the exact same team but a different coach.

yeesh, drama queen.
thanks for giving me my opinion!
I said he's not the right coach. The GA, SA, PK stats back that up.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Okay - here is going to be my response on everyone going on about the Corsi, the goals against, the shots against and everything else. It's been bad. It's been bad since October the 1st when the season started, and it continued to be bad. I am pretty sure that as much as people don't like Nonis and Carlyle you can see the utter frustration on their faces when they see the team play like crap. You hear it on the radio, acknowledging that it is bad and that there still needs to be major, major work done. It's a massively weak defensive team.

Okay? do we all agree with that.

18 starts. 4 wins. That's Reimer's stats. And I'm tired of everyone going "oh but his confidence" "oh but whatever" "oh the team defense sucks" "oh.."

Stop. the last 18 starts. 4 wins.

Okay - so let's play this game
"reimer needs to play more to be on a roll."

Okay.
6 starts (minus 1 period).
1 and 5. Reimer has let in an average of 4 goals per game.

I can't even remember if the Leafs even had the lead.. oh wait, they did it lasted all of 1.04 minutes before Stamkos scored his 2nd of the night, that's right.

whatever. I'm just...I'm so done right now. Just 100 percent done. Because when you boil it down to its parts - this was the biggest game of the season, there's a chance to move up to 1 point up on Montreal and the team came out and was ready, and just like that, down 2 nothing, the team comes back, and Reimer lets in another 1. And then the game winner after they come back again. And yes, Kessel turned the puck over, there was 1 breakaway, and Gleason had a brain fart. but three of those 4 if not 4 goals should have been stopped by again by someone who feels that he is a number one goaltender, because that's what they do.

And he's probably playing tomorrow, and if you give New Jersey a lead period, you know it's going to be brutal coming back from it. Joy.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
There is no doubt that Reimer looked horrible on the Canadiens 1st, 2nd, and 4th goals.

However the Goaltender Interference penalty on James van Riemsdyk that lead to the Canadiens 4th goal I thought was complete crap. He got shoved into Price by Markov, couldn't get a chance to get out of the way and Price goes down like he got the shot with the flopping. That call reminded of the Senators-Canadiens game last Saturday when Montreal got all those late calls for them.
Wouldn't have mattered Reimer was going to allow however many bad goals it took to assure our loss.

leafstilldeath*

make/find/get me one and I will put it up.

Either that or the Yuppers 18 wheeler one

mob-is-angry.jpg

Thanks to yubbers for posting the photoshop on teh mainboard

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
At least I'm going to Florida next week and can tune out of this garbage...

... except I bought tickets to see them in Florida thinking it was going to be a meaningful game!

We just witnessed our playoff exit.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
There is no doubt that Reimer looked horrible on the Canadiens 1st, 2nd, and 4th goals.

However the Goaltender Interference penalty on James van Riemsdyk that lead to the Canadiens 4th goal I thought was complete crap. He got shoved into Price by Markov, couldn't get a chance to get out of the way and Price goes down like he got the shot with the flopping. That call reminded of the Senators-Canadiens game last Saturday when Montreal got all those late calls for them.

called it before the game started...the habs will get a bs call in the 3rd to win the game.....some things just dont change....

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Not sure, but I think Caryle just said hes starting reimer tomorrow.. Something along the lines of being ready for back to back games, and how strength and condition coaches make it easier for players to go back to back.

If he starts tomorrow, were completely ****ed.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
this is gonna be a lively board tonight. brb gotta go to the bathroom and take a reimer..

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Awful game tonight (especially by Reimer), but I don't really see how people are saying no playoffs. This team is in 7th, with 4 teams competing for 2 spots. We just need to be the better team out of Washington/Detroit/Columbus in the last 10 games. Right now it looks bad but you gota imagine our odds are still above 50/50 if this team can even manage .500 during that stretch.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Bernier has masked a lot of this team's problems.

Hell, I still know the day when a reporter asked Bernier,"Can you win in the playoffs with this kind of defensive effort?". His answer was "I don't think so, we have to improve our defense if we want to win." Bernier is the best, he sure has covered a lot more than it really appears.

This team is trash. It's good that Gardiner and Franson has found their game lately, I can still hope for the day we beat Boston in game 7 with these guys. Komarov would be the guy we need for our 3rd/4th line.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I've defended Reimer a lot but this was an absolutely brutal performance from him. Specifically, the 2nd and 4th goals were just horrible. I've underrated and under-appreciated Bernier a lot but we really need him now. Please come back fast Bernier.

Also, our team defence is horrible.

Good to see Lupul and Kadri energized. Hopefully, its not a one game thing and they continue to play well.

I feel sorry for Kessel. He worked so hard in this game on both ends of the ice and apart from one lazy shift in the defensive zone, he was awesome. Sucks that he has to carry the team on his back so much. Way too much pressure on him.

And of course FIRE CARLYLE.

GenericFan2*

Wow, Reimer showed a lot tonight.

Gets me wondering if this guy should have ever had the chance at a call-up.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Hard to believe Calgary has a better GA average than us. Heck Buffalo are better GA. Reimer was not good, but we do have problems giving up chances. Personnel, system, coaching. Maybe all of the above.

Were actually good on the giving up chances department compared to the rest of the league... We have an offensive approach issue from our head coach that sees this team play rope & dope hockey. This is the 2nd season in a row where PMD don't get used right. Maybe the 3rd will be the one Carlyle changes but I'm not holding my breath... kind of hoping it's his last cause he's too stubborn to change.

Been telling you this all season long #FreeJakeGardiner & FreeMorganRielly... No team contends with shackles on PMD limiting them in utilizing them to your advantage 5v5 hockey.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
<----------------

There, I must wear that avatar until April 22nd (was made by Quarter in the LL). Unless someone makes a better one.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Reimer was terrible.

But he's going to be a great excuse the rest of the team can use on why they didn't make the playoffs.

Did anyone really believe a team that is DEAD LAST in shots against was going to make the playoffs? And they're not even close to Buffalo in shots against, they ran away with it this year.

If you want to neatly package the reason this team missed the playoffs on Reimer, that's great. But this team needs MASSIVE changes, and it starts with the coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad