Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

780rx

May 4, 2013
Missed the third period but if it was anything like the first 2, the team played great. Great quality chances, a few misreads by the D though leading to breaks. Mtl had a fair amount of shots but not many were quality.
This should have been our game. Except Reimer. He let the team down.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
At this point, you have to reason that if you give a monkey a gun and the monkey shoots somebody, you don't blame the monkey. Why on the planet is he even in the lineup, there's not a single thing he can do. Carlyle's as dumb as a monkey for playing him at this point.
I think his boss is making Randy play the stiff.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I think we are starting to realize just how much Bernier masked our problems. Some of us will start to realize this team is terrible playing D, when you are, don't expect this team to be consistent.

the team D has not been great, but Reimer turns simple shots into an adventure. impacts how everyone around him plays.

It's not 100% his fault, but it's close

mikebel111*

Have to strongly disagree. Phaneuf is not even close to a #1 D. He is a # 3 string on a decent team and worth $3M/season TOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You blame Reimer, as Phaneufs failed assignments lead to those goals.
Dion wasnt on for every goal
The first is on james, dion did nothing wrong on that play

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Some positives:
- Rielly and Gardiner were flying. A bit scary at times but they both look great.
- Lupul played very well
- I thought Kadri had a fantastic game. Very good possession in the offensive zone, won a lot of battles.
- Bolland

Negatives:
- Bolland is basically our only player who hits, and him being back reminded me of that. I want Leo.
- Reimer. Oh boy

leafstilldeath*

Most entertainment is the PGT.

They might make it, they might not.

Whatever.

Can you imagine if you were in this race and might get a Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg added to the line up?

Looks like Red Wings will keep their playoffs streak alive and if we somehow make the playoffs we will get Bruins again and this time Bruins will sweep us

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I also want Carlyle out the door, too. He's not the right coach for this team. There's no reason a team with this much speed and skill can't have better zone coverage. Plus it looks like half the team really dislike him and Carlyle himself is becoming visibly frustrated.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
the team D has not been great, but Reimer turns simple shots into an adventure. impacts how everyone around him plays.

It's not 100% his fault, but it's close

The last seven games the team has turned simple defensive zone and offensive zone plays into puck-chasing adventures in astounding quantities.

Disgruntled Observer*

It was crunch time and Reimer lost this game by himself.
Leafs won this one, except for Reimer's poor game.

I agree that the team played well tonight, in that we weren't OUT played for a change...

But the only reason this team is in a playoff race is due to Bernier (and yes... Reimers) play all season.
The game saw pretty much equal shots/chances. Our goalie let in ONE more goal than theirs. Oh, the horror.
How many times this season did we get outshot/chanced almost 2-1 and still win the game?

If we make the playoffs, it's because of our ridiculously strong goaltending all year... one bad week for Reimer notwithstanding.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Geez, reimer taking some serious heat. Clarkson can breathe easy for awhile.

And to think only 12 months ago he single handedly carried the team into the playoffs

A couple of years from now it wouldn't surprise me to see the same people blasting bernier.

The toronto maple leaf cycle will continue .. what has happened before will happen again.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Believe friend, believe.

Well believe when Bernier comes back.

Even with Bernier back, he will still not be 100% to help this team down the stretch. It will take a miracle at this point for the Leafs to make the playoffs. Even then this team won't get past the first round if they were to make it with the crappy depth on goaltending and mediocre defense.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Anyone who defends Reimer's play tonight must be either a fanboy or his Mommy.
I'm not watching one more period with Reimer in net as a Leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad