Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
is it too much to ask for NHL calibre defensive coaching, defensive awareness, hockey IQ and just really general common sense from a defense corps making 10 times the cap hit in total?

The team D is ****, no doubt, but so was that display of goaltending. And that's how many losses in a row with Reimer starting now?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Reimer is just a bad goalie and his record is still better than he really is. Seems every game he looks back in tbe net a couple of times not realizing the puck hit him and he made the save.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
How to beat Reimer: Put the puck on net or anywhere around it.

1. Can't catch the puck
2. Brutal rebounds
3. Can't handle the puck

4. Can't make saves

mikebel111*

Your right! Reimer is NOT the problem. YES, he has not played great...but if he did not have a house league D in front of him he would not be this bad.

Bernier also plays with the same D, he looks great
Take ur optimus pride with u.
Reimer sucks. Period

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
Your right! Reimer is NOT the problem. YES, he has not played great...but if he did not have a house league D in front of him he would not be this bad.

Ok let's find a D that allows zero shots on net because that's the only way we can win with him in net.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
In good news...Bolland looked pretty good tonight. His face off stats were ridiculous...89%? Damn son.

Too bad he is going to ditch this group of losers the first chance he gets (in about 10 games..), there is a reason his rumored asking price is so absurd.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think we are starting to realize just how much Bernier masked our problems. Some of us will start to realize this team is terrible playing D, when you are, don't expect this team to be consistent.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
How to beat Reimer: Put the puck on net or anywhere around it.

1. Can't catch the puck
2. Brutal rebounds
3. Can't handle the puck

He is the 2nd coming of Vesa Toskala. Ironic since he was the guy who made us forget Vesa in the first place.

4. Can't make saves
He is the 2nd coming of Vesa Toskala. Ironic since he was the guy who made us forget Vesa in the first place.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
You can complain about the team defense all day and night if you want, but it's meaningless in tonight's game. Reimer, who wants to be a starter, who believes he is a starter, didn't make starter material saves. It's like Gus all over again. It's great that you can make those highlight reel saves, but who cares when you're prone to weak goals at the worst times.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Clarkson might be the dumbest player in the league. There was one sequence in the 2nd (Could be 3rd) where the Leafs gained possession of the puck on a board battle and Clarkson had to time to dish it to one of three open Leaf bodies, but what does he do? Oh gee let me just flick it blindly at a Montreal Canadien player so he can take back possession of the puck. **** off Clarkson.

At this point, you have to reason that if you give a monkey a gun and the monkey shoots somebody, you don't blame the monkey. Why on the planet is he even in the lineup, there's not a single thing he can do. Carlyle's as dumb as a monkey for playing him at this point.

Habsman10*

Habs fan here, I thought you guys played a good game sans Reimer, with Bernier this is a different game for sure.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
Geez, reimer taking some serious heat. Clarkson can breathe easy for awhile.

And to think only 12 months ago he single handedly carried the team into the playoffs

Mar 26, 2010
Phaneuf is easily #1D. Subban made a mistake that cost his team a goal. I don't see the blame for him.

Leafs should have won, but Reimer ****ed it up big time.

Have to strongly disagree. Phaneuf is not even close to a #1 D. He is a # 3 string on a decent team and worth $3M/season TOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You blame Reimer, as Phaneufs failed assignments lead to those goals.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I am so ****ing shocked and pissed right now. Our playoff chances is very low now. I doubt we will make it.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
...He's totally lost his confidence and plays on a horrible defensive team to boot.he'll bounce back...with another team...
Confidence ? Is this PeeWee ?
He played terrible tonight.
Leafs lost this game b/c he let in 3 softies.
He better be done for the year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
In good news...Bolland looked pretty good tonight. His face off stats were ridiculous...89%? Damn son.

The one bright thing we can take out of this game. He was taking really short shifts. Hopefully he can get up to 45 second shifts soon. Will be huge if he can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad