Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

Mar 26, 2010
Ok listen trading phaneuf will get us **** all. 2nd off Reimer is leaving this off season so we better hope drew can play net. 3rd off we still need a 2nd line winger...

Phaneuf is ****ing ****! No one him.

HE IS NOT A CAPTAIN! NOT A #1 D! NOTHING.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Sure... Reimer hasn't played well for a few games. But the ENTIRE TEAM hasn't played well all freaking season. It's time for the TEAM to bail out our goaltenders for a change.
It was crunch time and Reimer lost this game by himself.
Leafs won this one, except for Reimer's poor game.

leafstilldeath*

This shouldn't be forgotten because Reimer sucked.

Phaneuf is a piece of **** too...with him as Captain, Leafs will never win a playoff series let alone the Cup.

Slow, dumb and a turnover machine...had all the time to clear the puck and failed.

with....

Phaneuf as a 1D
Bozo as a 1C or top 6 (even strength and more so on a PP)
Clarkson in top 6
Franson as a 2nd pairing D
Kessel playing soft affraid to take a hit to make a play (at least he cares about winning)
Lupul showing up on only Sat games

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Yes Reimer was bad tonight, but he will be a solid starter somewhere else. He needs to get out of here. One less turnover or one going in off the post and this game is ours. So frustrating.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Nah, that's not how Bipolar Nation works.

Reimer is the scapegoat this year and he will be vilified for not making up for every unnecessary offensive zone and defensive zone giveaway, or deflection, or blue line bungle.

The fact that you and I agree on something is kind of scaring me. It must be the End Times.

I guess it's too much to ask for NHL calibre goaltending from one of your "starting goaltenders."

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Reimer definitely seems to have the Toronto goaltender curse and has lost confidence in himself - and also his teammates. it's hard to play when you don't trust the team in front of you. He's just out of sync and worn out. Shame. Toronto does this to goaltenders, he'll join a long list of goaltenders that leave having burnt themselves out in front of pathetically coached and hockey IQ'ed hockey teams in Toronto.

Reading though this thread is far more entertainment than the fairly entertaining to watch hockey game I have to admit.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
The Leafs will not make the playoffs. When you have the #1 goalie injured with a bunch of AHL goalies playing down the streatch this team is done.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
The overreaction on Reimer is priceless. Yup, he is the sole reason Leafs suck and lose.

Reimer isn't the problem, but he's a collective part of the problem. He's a lot better than his performances over the past week show, but it's just not working for him right now. He needs to pull a Steve Mason and start fresh somewhere else because clearly it isn't working for him here.

Also, what a ****** two days of sports. The Jets sign Michael Vick, Arsenal loses 6-0 today and the Leafs finish off the week with another loss to the Habs.

Bluejaysfan*

The overreaction on Reimer is priceless. Yup, he is the sole reason Leafs suck and lose.

Bernier and Reimer play behind the same defense. Bernier puts up great numbers and consistently stands on his head whereas Reimer whines and moans to the media about how Carlyle hurts his feelings.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Reimer is already gone next season. Clarkhole and Carlylol have to follow him. Clarkhole wasn'tt even skating hard, what a disgrace. Even if it means missing the playoffs, whatever it takes to get those pieholes out of town.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
The thing with the Leafs is they only need to **** up for four minutes to cost the game, because they **** up really badly.

They blew it on pretty much all of the goals, except for the last one, which seemed to find the one spot where it could hit Reimer and end up in the net.

I'm glad you remember me, since I've been lukewarm on Reimer all season aside from feeling he gets **** on for things where Bernier gets a pass. It's the new car smell.

Three goals should result in a win, for sure, except when the team as a whole gives up four owing to lapses..

No, you are wrong. Part of coverage is forcing shots from terrible spots, yet magically those terrible shots got in.

Unless you think coverage means the Leafs should never let the puck enter their zone, ever.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yes Reimer was bad tonight, but he will be a solid starter somewhere else. He needs to get out of here. One less turnover or one going in off the post and this game is ours. So frustrating.

The guy's carried himself with a lot of entitlement and butt hurt emotions and immaturity for losing the starting job that he didn't even have a great claim over. Now he just continues to wet the bed. The guy has no mental toughness and no future as a starter. The playoff series of 2013 really filled his head with delusions of grandeur if he thinks he deserves a number one job.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
I guess it's too much to ask for NHL calibre goaltending from one of your "starting goaltenders."

is it too much to ask for NHL calibre defensive coaching, defensive awareness, hockey IQ and just really general common sense from a defense corps making 10 times the cap hit in total?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Reimer is already gone next season. Clarkhole and Carlylol have to follow him. Clarkhole wasn'tt even skating hard, what a disgrace. Even if it means missing the playoffs, whatever it takes to get those pieholes out of town.
I think Nonis getting fired is the only way to get rid of Clarkson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad