Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
I've been a fan of Reimer since he entered the league. I defended Reimer during the Leafs game 7 collapse but this last stretch of important games is all on him. Breakaways are one thing, but how many soft goals has Reimer let in this game alone? Three?

At this point I am done with Reimer and want him off this team. I would rather play the career AHLer than give Reimer another shot. The team clearly doesn't trust him and honestly who can blame them. You score 3 goals, comeback three separate times and your goalie can't make a save.

Last edited:

Vinsanity89

Feb 2, 2014
Nah, that's not how Bipolar Nation works.

Reimer is the scapegoat this year and he will be vilified for not making up for every unnecessary offensive zone and defensive zone giveaway, or deflection, or blue line bungle.

The fact that you and I agree on something is kind of scaring me. It must be the End Times.

Ah I almost forgot about you! The Leafs didn't give up an odd man rush after the second shift of the game. 3 goals in the most important game of the season should result in a win, until Reimer let in 4, including the most terrible game winner of all time.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
Tonight had nothing to do with the defensive coverage. You can't let in 3 completely brutal goals and expect to win.The coverage was OK, Montreal didn't play good at all and they had very little pressure. No excuse to let them coast to an easy victory.

The thing with the Leafs is they only need to **** up for four minutes to cost the game, because they **** up really badly.

They blew it on pretty much all of the goals, except for the last one, which seemed to find the one spot where it could hit Reimer and end up in the net.

Ah I almost forgot about you! The Leafs didn't give up an odd man rush after the second shift of the game. 3 goals in the most important game of the season should result in a win, until Reimer let in 4, including the most terrible game winner of all time.

I'm glad you remember me, since I've been lukewarm on Reimer all season aside from feeling he gets **** on for things where Bernier gets a pass. It's the new car smell.

Three goals should result in a win, for sure, except when the team as a whole gives up four owing to lapses..

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Nah, that's not how Bipolar Nation works.

Reimer is the scapegoat this year and he will be vilified for not making up for every unnecessary offensive zone and defensive zone giveaway, or deflection, or blue line bungle.

The fact that you and I agree on something is kind of scaring me. It must be the End Times.

Our **** defence doesn't excuse Reimer of the **** goals he's given up. Yeah, it plays a part but it doesn't change the fact that he's allowed terrible goals to get through him.

To exempt Reimer from any blame is foolish. He IS the scapegoat because his piss poor goaltending is leading us out of a playoff spot.

Kyle Doobas*

The Good:
- Nice to see Bolland back at all, let alone already making a physical impact
- Gardiner continuing to look like a different player from earlier this season
- Secondary scorers finally showed up
- #2-6 defensemen played well for the most part

The Bad:
- Phaneuf looking gassed
- Kessel still a bit too careless with the puck

The Ugly:
- these are the types of games Clarkson was signed to have a real impact in and he didn't even play like he gave a damn in the least, very disappointing
- I don't think I even need to mention his name.... but yeah, at this point he's damn near losing us games all on his own

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Everyone except 1 guy showed up to play today. Unfortunately for the Leafs the 1 guy was Riemer and he let in 3 brutal goals as his team completely outplayed Montreal to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What a bum, totally done with him. I guess this is what happens when you get stuck with a disgruntled goalie during the most important stretch of the year. He knows he is gone and honestly I am seriously wondering if he is slacking on purpose to spite his team at this point.

The good news though, Randy is done as well, no way he escapes this collapse with a job.

I get that gut feeling too. Hence, I don't want that guy to go in net with a leaf uniform again.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Posted this at the end of the game thread. Stand by it.

The leafs have been out played, out hustled, out shot, and out chanced (sometimes 2-1) for the entire season. We've made a habit of having our goalies bail us out of every situation imaginable.

And now that goaltending (who have bailed us out all season) aren't saving our ***** anymore, everyone's turning on them.

Sure... Reimer hasn't played well for a few games. But the ENTIRE TEAM hasn't played well all freaking season. It's time for the TEAM to bail out our goaltenders for a change.

THIS.

Reimer sucked tonight but not the reason we miss the playoffs. Leafs Nation needs a simple way to figure out how a bad team all year, missed the playoffs.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
All this talk about Leafs Goalies regressing...

The Leafs dominated play and possession tonight. Reimer wasnt asked to do a lot.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
I got sick of watching them so I watched Red Bull Crashed Ice. Brutal game though. We had soooooo many chances and we blew them and that GWG tho :rant:. That's the only time I agreed with Healy. And and Reimer u better request a trade. :rant::cry:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Now folks know just how bad this could be without Bernier.

Imagine if we didn't have him. 26th GA, could be 30th GA in the NHL.

Yikes.

But Leafs fans all love our flashy, artistic merit players on this team.

Coach, Players, GM share equal blame. As I said in the retool thread. Need more/better 2 way players on this team.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
...He's totally lost his confidence and plays on a horrible defensive team to boot.he'll bounce back...with another team...
Toronto actually managed to *gasp* tie Montreal in shots on goal though (36-36). So it's not like you can even blame the defense this time. Montreal's possession play is not very good either (but better than the Leafs usually). And tonight Montreal's possession play was especially bad. The Leafs beat them 70-62 in shot attempts (Corsi).

The problem is definitely James Reimer's confidence level at this point. He has been playing like garbage the past four games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad