Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Habs fan here. Even I feel badly for you fans. Horrible horrible goaltending and goalposts. Ouch!

Forget today and hopefully win tomorrow and your ship should be back on course. Be-leaf fellows.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
Our **** defence doesn't excuse Reimer of the **** goals he's given up. Yeah, it plays a part but it doesn't change the fact that he's allowed terrible goals to get through him.

To exempt Reimer from any blame is foolish. He IS the scapegoat because his piss poor goaltending is leading us out of a playoff spot.

I'm not exempting him from 'any' blame.

I'm just saying you can't do the opposite for the other players on the ice. The ones doing things like leaving Stamkos all alone in his 'spot' on four occasions (resulting in three goals), or failing to clear the puck out of the zone, or deflecting pucks past their own goaltender, or falling over their own two feet at the blueline.

Bernier bailing us out once more a game being the difference between making it and not should really tell you just how bad the defensive play of this team is -- and at this point I'm convinced that has to do with the guys behind the bench more than anything.

No, you are wrong. Part of coverage is forcing shots from terrible spots, yet magically those terrible shots got in.

Unless you think coverage means the Leafs should never let the puck enter their zone, ever.

Stamkos sure was shooting from a terrible spot. Rene Bourque in on a breakaway -- admittedly on a stoppable angle -- sure is great coverage. Gleason's excellent deflection was fantastic point coverage.

#coverage

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Phaneuf is ****ing ****! No one him.

HE IS NOT A CAPTAIN! NOT A #1 D! NOTHING.

Phaneuf is easily #1D. Subban made a mistake that cost his team a goal. I don't see the blame for him.

Leafs should have won, but Reimer ****ed it up big time.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I agree that Reimer has been terrible and hopefully never gets between the pipes as a Leaf again but can we talk about Phaneuf? My god, he's a coward and he makes stupid plays every other shift. It's like he's phoning it in or something. This is coming from a former Phaneuf supporter. He's no captain and now he has an unmovable contract.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
with....

Phaneuf as a 1D
Bozo as a 1C or top 6 (even strength and more so on a PP)
Clarkson in top 6
Franson as a 2nd pairing D
Kessel playing soft affraid to take a hit to make a play (at least he cares about winning)
Lupul showing up on only Sat games

This sums it up :laugh:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This dude is painful to watch live. Easy 3-1 with bernier in it. I didn't know the leafs still had toskala playingfor them

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Posted this at the end of the game thread. Stand by it.

The leafs have been out played, out hustled, out shot, and out chanced (sometimes 2-1) for the entire season. We've made a habit of having our goalies bail us out of every situation imaginable.

And now that goaltending (who have bailed us out all season) aren't saving our ***** anymore, everyone's turning on them.

Sure... Reimer hasn't played well for a few games. But the ENTIRE TEAM hasn't played well all freaking season. It's time for the TEAM to bail out our goaltenders for a change.

Teams take on the. Personalities of their best play
What did you expect from a. Team built around phil kessel

Skilled, can score but has no fight. Doesn't change his game or do what's necessary to win games

Then a chooch captain and old school coach

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I really wish we could have traded Reimer to Los Angeles instead of Scrivens. Scrivens would make such a great backup to Bernier. Reimer is a pile of crap. Enjoy your new career working at McDonalds.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Reimer is already gone next season. Clarkhole and Carlylol have to follow him. Clarkhole wasn'tt even skating hard, what a disgrace. Even if it means missing the playoffs, whatever it takes to get those pieholes out of town.

Clarkson might be the dumbest player in the league. There was one sequence in the 2nd (Could be 3rd) where the Leafs gained possession of the puck on a board battle and Clarkson had time to dish it to one of three open Leaf bodies, but what does he do? Oh gee let me just flick it blindly at a Montreal Canadien player so he can take back possession of the puck. **** off Clarkson.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The Leafs will not make the playoffs. When you have the #1 goalie injured with a bunch of AHL goalies playing down the streatch this team is done.

Time to start looking at the potential prospects we could draft.

We could be looking at a top 12-15 pick if we keep going the way we're going...

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I'm not sure if Riemer can ever be a #1 on another team...when has his confidence back he does most things quite well, but his lack of rebound control is why they got bernier in the first place and that is his crucial flaw....

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I agree that Reimer has been terrible and hopefully never gets between the pipes as a Leaf again but can we talk about Phaneuf? My god, he's a coward and he makes stupid plays every other shift. It's like he's phoning it in or something. This is coming from a former Phaneuf supporter. He's no captain and now he has an unmovable contract.

People wonder why Phaneuf has always been a polarizing figure. It's because his play is all over the map. You just never know what the heck you're going to get.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Your right! Reimer is NOT the problem. YES, he has not played great...but if he did not have a house league D in front of him he would not be this bad.
The defense was solid. The only goal I would blame the defense is for NOT covering Plex, but Reimer should have stopped his shot.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Your right! Reimer is NOT the problem. YES, he has not played great...but if he did not have a house league D in front of him he would not be this bad.

Apparently you didn't watch the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad