Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
So the GM is going to waive a guy he signed to a long contract to keep a guy he got that's been waived several times already. Does anybody really think that sounds like LLs M.O.? I mean, several of you keep bringing it up in your armchair GM talks about what you would do, but you do know that's not going to happen, right?
theres going to be some paper shuffling transactions to stay cap compliant that we're not aware of .

Engvall could be coached into using his toolbox to be an effective 4th liner with casey and mack

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Just checked on puckpedia

If we run

Duclair-Horvat-barzal
Tsyplakov-Nelson-palms
Lee-pageau-Holmstrom
McLean-cizikas-Wahlstrom
Gauthier

Waive fasching and keep Martin on a PTO

Pelech-pulock
Reilly-mayfield
Romanov-dobson
Cholowski

Waive every other dman

Sorokin and Varly

We’d have an astounding $212,500 in cap space

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Just checked on puckpedia

If we run

Duclair-Horvat-barzal
Tsyplakov-Nelson-palms
Lee-pageau-Holmstrom
McLean-cizikas-Wahlstrom
Gauthier

Waive fasching and keep Martin on a PTO

Pelech-pulock
Reilly-mayfield
Romanov-dobson
Cholowski

Waive every other dman

Sorokin and Varly

We’d have an astounding $212,500 in cap space
Swap Fasching and Wally. One actually puts effort in away from the puck and the other is defensively inept.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Fasching is only effective to me when the puck is behind the net. Whally can at least hit a guy.
Fasching is fine if you want a grinder to just take up 8-12 minutes. Seems like Roy wants more out of that role - at least initially.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Fasching is fine if you want a grinder to just take up 8-12 minutes. Seems like Roy wants more out of that role - at least initially.
Right and I agree. I'd waive him but don't want to lose him. These are all replacement level guys with different skill sets. Obviously Whalstrom is the best shooter, best checker. Fasching can grind and has the best puck protection, Gauthier has the speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad