Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Three Saturdays in March and the Habs get questionable late penalties called in their favour, go figure.

While I agree the officiating is brutal in the Habs favour, that was clearly too many men ..

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
If we settled down in the last minute we could have scored. They panicked and every pass was too hard. There were like 3 passes to kessel that either were too hard and went past him or just were out of his reach. He had a wide open net on each of them.

Carlyle has to get them mentally refocus in the ladt minute. Down by 1 and he's pissed off and yelling? Doesn't exactly help. He can do that later. He needs to settle the team down.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
My biggest problem with this team is that they need to be down 2-3 goals before they realize they need to play.

Biggest collection of lazy players in the league.

Trade Phaneuf and his lazy bum out of town and set an example.

We do not play a style condusive to winning in the playoffs. Sure this team is exciting, again I don't know a team that is more exciting in all zones of the ice.

This team is capable of winning 5 in a row for all the reasons fans love them for or lose 5 in a row due to the same reasons fans love them for.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Everyone except 1 guy showed up to play today. Unfortunately for the Leafs the 1 guy was Riemer and he let in 3 brutal goals as his team completely outplayed Montreal to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What a bum, totally done with him. I guess this is what happens when you get stuck with a disgruntled goalie during the most important stretch of the year. He knows he is gone and honestly I am seriously wondering if he is slacking on purpose to spite his team at this point.

The good news though, Randy is done as well, no way he escapes this collapse with a job.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
we have never been as good as our record...everytihng is starting to balance out now!!! unfortunately for Leafs Nation!!! We don't deserve this

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
The Leafs outplayed the Habs tonight, except that Reimer played poorly.
He should not play 1 more game as a Leaf. End of story.

Bluejaysfan*

If the Leafs are keeping Bernier out for precautionary measures...they better decide where they plan on golfing this April. Once they miss the playoffs, Bernier will have all the time in the world to heal. Reimer single-handedly took this team from locking down home ice for the playoffs to fighting just to make it. That self-entitled POS is honestly annoying me to death. You're upset that your coach calls you out? Well then don't play like a dog ***** all the time. The defense isn't even an excuse for him because Bernier plays behind the same defense and puts up stellar numbers. Just sick and tired of Reimer. He lacks the basic funadamentals and makes you wonder how he got this far in the NHL and put up the numbers he has in his career. Makes the most easiest of saves look difficult. Can't wait till Bernier is back and Reimer is no longer a Leaf.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
Another sub-.900 night for Reimer. Leafs were actually winning the possession game tonight (70-62 Corsi. Tied 36-36 shots on goal). But Carey Price is the better goalie and you've seen the result of that tonight.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif

It's really pathetic at this point..... Reimer loses the number 1 job, gets a chance to say "hey, I am still here guys" and he can't get up to play? Not only for this team but for every other team in the NHL, because he knows he will likely be gone after this season, and teams are watching him.

If I am another NHL team, I look at Reimer and I don't see a guy I want to be my NHL goalie.

It's sad, I liked Reimer, but.......

Start MacIntyre tomorrow, and we need the win desperately.
...He's totally lost his confidence and plays on a horrible defensive team to boot.he'll bounce back...with another team...

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
Posted this at the end of the game thread. Stand by it.

The leafs have been out played, out hustled, out shot, and out chanced (sometimes 2-1) for the entire season. We've made a habit of having our goalies bail us out of every situation imaginable.

And now that goaltending (who have bailed us out all season) aren't saving our ***** anymore, everyone's turning on them.

Sure... Reimer hasn't played well for a few games. But the ENTIRE TEAM hasn't played well all freaking season. It's time for the TEAM to bail out our goaltenders for a change.

Nah, that's not how Bipolar Nation works.

Reimer is the scapegoat this year and he will be vilified for not making up for every unnecessary offensive zone and defensive zone giveaway, or deflection, or blue line bungle.

The fact that you and I agree on something is kind of scaring me. It must be the End Times.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Posted this at the end of the game thread. Stand by it.

The leafs have been out played, out hustled, out shot, and out chanced (sometimes 2-1) for the entire season. We've made a habit of having our goalies bail us out of every situation imaginable.

And now that goaltending (who have bailed us out all season) aren't saving our ***** anymore, everyone's turning on them.

Sure... Reimer hasn't played well for a few games. But the ENTIRE TEAM hasn't played well all freaking season. It's time for the TEAM to bail out our goaltenders for a change.

Rational answer at a hard time.

I hate this loss and solely blame it on Reimer but missing the playoffs playing like this might not be a bad thing.

These losers might continue to play like this if we somehow managed to make the playoffs.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
No but the team's overall defensive play is on the players that have obviously tuned him out.

Tonight had nothing to do with the defensive coverage. You can't let in 3 completely brutal goals and expect to win.The coverage was OK, Montreal didn't play good at all and they had very little pressure. No excuse to let them coast to an easy victory.

leafstilldeath*

**** Reimer. Go pump some ****ing gas, you ****ing scrub. Hope you're ****ing happy you probably just cost your team the playoffs.

I am just having this feeling that Reimer is playing piss poor on purpose to mess with Randy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad