LD Sascha Boumedienne - Ohio Blue Jackets 16U AAA (2025 Draft)

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
i didn’t see anything close to first round talent - again it’s a summer tournament - but it will be interesting big step to college - he would been better one more full year in ushl and dominate imo

Reactions: Realgud

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
i didn’t see anything close to first round talent - again it’s a summer tournament - but it will be interesting big step to college - he would been better one more full year in ushl and dominate imo

Is he official for this fall at BU? He’s only 17 and he’d typically be a guy for fall of 2025. His equivalent year at BU to his compatriot Willander’s freshman season would be 2025.

I know at one point Fondrk was gonna accelerate but that had been put on hold. Why would BU and Boumedienne need to rush him to campus a year before would be normal?

Agreed he should be in Youngstown and putting up a big USHL season…

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
His play itself was nothing to write home about in the games I saw. I remain intrigued by the skillset though. He has that NHL smoothness to his game. He can move the puck with a crisp outlet pass. Quick feet and some shake and bake from the backend. He can skate himself into trouble though and I didn't love the overall decision making.

I don't think he'll light up the scoreboard at BU, but I think he'll do well this year. Just won't get the PP1 time.

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
got see him in 2-3 months - holy cross not that strong - see how he does against big boys . hlinka cup hurt him a bit - moved him out of first round - but he’s got whole season in spotlight see what he does .

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
got see him in 2-3 months - holy cross not that strong - see how he does against big boys . hlinka cup hurt him a bit - moved him out of first round - but he’s got whole season in spotlight see what he does .
His dad was an odd specimen physically. Good hipchecker, but when carrying the puck.. Not strong at all if someone came at him.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Disappointing debut. Soft in his own zone and careless with the puck. He threw some floaters through the neutral zone in an area where the opposing defenseman can step; he's going to get his forwards killed.

Hopefully by November/December, he's playing much better. Boumedienne-Willander has potential as a pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad