Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I blame him mostly for that.

The biggest mistake this team has made in the last three years is not getting Chucky accustomed to the centre position while acquiring a LW to fill in the hole moving Chucky would create. Instead, the Habs gave the lionshare of opportunities and PP time to DD. It was a really bad decision. It was obvious to everyone and their grandmas that the spine of the club had to be Plekanec-Galchenyuk-Eller.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
MT should recognize his days are numbered...

Right?

Our beloved GM gave him his big fat paycheck already and extended him for 4 years.

Even if he gets fired, he's already been rewarded. That's why there's no sense of urgency in him. He thinks he's the man.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
MB has done a pretty good job I think. His replacements for offensive guys have gotten progressively worse though. Cole->Ryder->Briere->PAP. Then the team let go Gionta, replaced him with Sekac, and then traded him for DSP. They never replaced Vanek's offense.

Add in the fact that Gallagher, Eller, Galchenyuk haven't really progressed in their development and it hurts.

Gonchar, Gilbert, Weaver and Petry who will be gone soon. Please do tell me how he has done anything trade/signing wise so far.

Oh and our young players are regressing under Bergevins "incredible" coaching staff? Well that surely doesn't reflect poorly on Bergevin. Cmon everyone was ******** their pants in happiness when MB hired all these guys and yet the results are terrible, so now who gets the blame?

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
I'm still trying to digest the fact that MT was hired AGAIN!

It's have that feeling the moment I learn that he was hired for the second time
Nobody wanted him for years for good reason before he was hired

He's simply a bad coach

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
CEIDwrOUMAAOP-e.jpg:large

Probably just asking for a good guac recipe.

I believe Prust.....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It's have that feeling the moment I learn that he was hired for the second time
Nobody wanted him for years for good reason before he was hired

He's simply a bad coach

It's a fact, hire the best FRENCH coach avail.....He was at the time.

As a former Montreal management said , we fish from the small pool...

number 11

Jan 11, 2008
Montreal
screw prust, he brings nothing to the table and running his mouth cost us the momentum we built up early on and eventually the game.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
His penalties shifted momentum.

Which one? The 4 minutes (that should have been 2) that made us look better than on the PP?

Subban's stupid penalty after the whistle cost us way more than those 4 minutes where we looked great on the PK. We didn't lose any momentum after Prust's 4min.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
MB has done a pretty good job I think. His replacements for offensive guys have gotten progressively worse though. Cole->Ryder->Briere->PAP. Then the team let go Gionta, replaced him with Sekac, and then traded him for DSP. They never replaced Vanek's offense.

Add in the fact that Gallagher, Eller, Galchenyuk haven't really progressed in their development and it hurts.

Starting to think he's overrated but....I'll leave him this summer to officialize my opinion....;)

Good really short term moves. The Perry deal...even the Ryder one.Gonchar...well he's not playing in the playoffs. We're playing Pateryn instead. But it seems he helped Beaulieu. Vanek short term. Weise is probably his best move that is more than short term but geez....that's Weise. What else? THe signings? Well I think we ended up overpaying Subban with all the wait.....Markov? Well he had no choice and I'm fine with it. DD? Nope. Emelin? Nope. 4 years to Moen? Nope, though he got rid of him.

I really don't see the great job he did. He's okay. But I don't see how he's making us go at the other level that clearly neither Gauthier or Gainey was also able to do. That's why Bergevin was brought in...to make us reach the other level. So we reached another 3rd round last year. Fine. But this present series is NOT a sign that we're going in the right direction. And this coming draft is an incredible one and yet, for a team who wants to build with draft picks....we won't really be able to. With a far 1st rounder and not a 2nd.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Refs are bad and inconsistent. They are. So...how about NOT giving them reasons to be? Watson started to shout at Prust AFTER Prust said something to him. You see the replay, Watson turned around and said "Say what"? And then went on his tirade. So Prust didn't congratulate him for his haircut. He had to be immensely disrespectful, has most of the players are towards the refs. But then he goes on by saying that the ref was not polite to him? BS.

So yeah, it's the god dam playoffs, but with the 4 minutes to Prust, you are AWARE that those refs are ready to steal the show and are in the god damn awful mode and yet....you continiue as if it wasn't the case? Refs aren't the reason why we lost.

Not giving them a reason? Come on WS. It's a PO hockey game. Emotions are high, there's a small rivalry that started from us sweeping them last year and them beating us all year this season.
There's going to be hits, there's going to be scrums. If the refs are gonna nitpick things then you can't blame the players.

According to Prust, he told Watson that his call was soft, so ya he wasn't congratulating him on a hair cut but the only reason you think Prust said something immensely disrespectful is because that's the only thing that would explain such a harsh punishment. That's the whole point here. You think Prust would have mentioned this if he called Watson a ***** ass piece of **** **** sucker?
You really think Prust is going to throw out insults to a ref and then complain in the press about getting an extra 2 for it??? I don't think Prust is that stupid of a guy. Maybe you do, I don't. We also know certain Refs like to impose themselves in games. Looking at the calls made, Prust's story makes a lot more sense.

Refs are not the reason we lost, I agree. They're not the ones that put the puck in the net. Our PK was terrible tonight. But the refs did influence the outcome. Absolutely. You just gave a soft 4min penalty to Prust. Penalty finishes and on the same shift you give another penalty for a little crosscheck in a scrum?? Please man.
And then the Gilbert on Johnson, that was just pathetic.
Then they give an interference to Petry but let a similar move by Morrow on DSP go. Ya, it's the guys being undisciplined, not the refs being total crap and inconsistent.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
whoa Gallagher hasn't regressed.
Galchenyuk hasn't regressed...he had a 20 goal/40 point year as a 20 y.o. he has had a LOUSY playoffs.
The issue is a lack of scoring in top 6..parenteau useless, Desharnais topping out as 5'7 Center, Plekanec seemingly invisible again...weise, DSP etc NOT top 6 forwards...only Patches. THIS is the issue. So how does Bergevin address this. Maybe a young winger like Hudon and tinordi and pick can bring something back, maybe not. So then what? Is big Mac ready? probably not.

They need to re-sign Petry and hope Beaulieu/Pateryn keep progressing.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Which one? The 4 minutes (that should have been 2) that made us look better than on the PP?

Subban's stupid penalty after the whistle cost us way more than those 4 minutes where we looked great on the PK. We didn't lose any momentum after Prust's 4min.

LOL ...........well, okay. All PK's fault. Keep the fourth liner and get rid of PK then. :handclap:

Capitaine Subban*

Math is simple.

Stammer+Filippula+Killorn+Kucherov+Johnson+Palat > Max+Pleki+Gally+Chucky+Eller+DD

Individual quality of their Top6 is far superior then our, and they proved it during regular season.
Let's hope Bishop will crumble in next games. It's our only hope.

So much this

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
lol people are kidding themselves Bergevin is gonna fire his buddy MT. The guy proved nothing and got an extension nonetheless.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It will be tough to go into Tampa and take 2 games especially since the Lightning have our number. It will be a huge setback to get swept in the second round especially with the years of Price, Subban and Pacioretty. We needed some scoring help and Bergevin was unable to get it or afford it. Tampa has scary scoring depth but man they hung on to beat Detroit and were dominated for great portions of that series. Surely Therrien and staff can adapt some way for game 3. It's on you Michel, time to change DA PLAN.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's a fact, hire the best FRENCH coach avail.....He was at the time.

As a former Montreal management said , we fish from the small pool...

And again, that's so false. We waited too much as Vigneault was available. With the past he had, Hartley was A MUCH BETTER choice than him. And then, you could even go as far as saying that while a rookie, Roy better surrounded, would also be a better choice than him. So nope..if there's one year when the pool was great, it was that one. And we blew it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad