Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Anyone else see Prusts post game interview??

Yikes he's gonna get some backlash for going off on Chris Lee like that.

Although Chris Lee is a *******

Uh oh thought that would get bleeped by the filter. Mod wanna edit out??

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
What the hell has happened to Galchenyuk guys? I'm getting concerned about his development under this coaching staff that will likely all be back again next year. :(

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What the hell has happened to Galchenyuk guys? I'm getting concerned about his development under this coaching staff that will likely all be back again next year. :(

You know, Galchenyuk is one of the best in his draft year. Truth be told, his development is fine, it's the expectations that are off.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It would be refreshing if Therrien would not throw everyone else but himself under the bus just for once. He is not a good coach and he knows it but he is great at passing the blame, he did it in Pittsburgh and he had a great roster there but he got canned.

He has a roster that is not suited to the grinding style that he employs. He is stubborn and either unwilling or unable to adapt in game to changing situations. He has the worlds best goalie, he has a norris trophy winner and a top 5 sniper in the league and a great cast of speedy forwards and he is coaching them down the toilet. He cannot rescue the pp and it is a detriment to our chances of winning instead of an oppotunity to jump ahead.

We will go nowhere with him no matter what roster changes MB makes and it's sad really that he was chosen merely because of his mother tongue instead of his ability. The hockey world is a business and we all know that but in some ways when you see the moves we have made with personnel it appears that Le Bleu Blanc et Rouge is more about business and money than the great hockey mecca of a franchise than it once was.:shakehead

As I said earlier in this thread..

"The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others." -Don Shula

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
We take garbage shots from garbage positions, have a terrible transition game and don't score on the PP.

The only reason we're in the playoffs is because of Price's heroics - try to see how many one-goal wins we'd have had go the other way if Price played 0.920 hockey. Go for it. (We'd be out of the playoffs)

But that's not da gameplan, that's Pleks et al playing like little girls :nod:

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA

He's gonna get traded to Arizona for scraps and they will play him at Center with Anthony Duclair and Max Domi and he will have perennial 100 pt seasons.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Prust wasn't making it an excuse. He did say it was the team's worse playoff game.
But I thought the refs were bad all night. I don't get the Prust extra minor, we've seen players with their veins popping out of their throat while screaming at the refs and complaining, and not get a 2 for it. Prust said a little something, which if we believe was that he thought the call was soft, and then all we see is Watson chew him out while Prust doesn't even seem engaged. It was weird.

The PK call...It's the god damn playoffs. People like to point to Carle's penalty as a comparison but Carle got up and just charged Gallagher. Callahan crashes the front of the net and right into the Dmen. So he gets a little sherwood. Come on man..
The Gilbert crosscheck...what the hell was that??

Just terrible reffing.

Refs are bad and inconsistent. They are. So...how about NOT giving them reasons to be? Watson started to shout at Prust AFTER Prust said something to him. You see the replay, Watson turned around and said "Say what"? And then went on his tirade. So Prust didn't congratulate him for his haircut. He had to be immensely disrespectful, has most of the players are towards the refs. But then he goes on by saying that the ref was not polite to him? BS.

So yeah, it's the god dam playoffs, but with the 4 minutes to Prust, you are AWARE that those refs are ready to steal the show and are in the god damn awful mode and yet....you continiue as if it wasn't the case? Refs aren't the reason why we lost.

HabsDieHard*

It would be refreshing if Therrien would not throw everyone else but himself under the bus just for once. He is not a good coach and he knows it but he is great at passing the blame, he did it in Pittsburgh and he had a great roster there but he got canned.

He has a roster that is not suited to the grinding style that he employs. He is stubborn and either unwilling or unable to adapt in game to changing situations. He has the worlds best goalie, he has a norris trophy winner and a top 5 sniper in the league and a great cast of speedy forwards and he is coaching them down the toilet. He cannot rescue the pp and it is a detriment to our chances of winning instead of an oppotunity to jump ahead.

We will go nowhere with him no matter what roster changes MB makes and it's sad really that he was chosen merely because of his mother tongue instead of his ability. The hockey world is a business and we all know that but in some ways when you see the moves we have made with personnel it appears that Le Bleu Blanc et Rouge is more about business and money than the great hockey mecca of a franchise than it once was.:shakehead

Great post.

Whatever happened to that "No excuses" thing?

Only applies ot the players eh?

:laugh:

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Be glad when Prust is gone.

Habs missed their opportunities and Tampa Bay took them to town. Look in the mirror you clowns. Nobody to blame 'cept yourselves. Well, not Price. One guy can only do so much.

HabsDieHard*

As I said earlier in this thread..

"The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others." -Don Shula

A very fitting quote.

I'm amazed that anyone defends Therrien considering what a little malcontent he always acts when he gets asked tough questions.

The guy is a gutless puke.

No real surprise that his team acts like poor sports when they lose.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I concede this series, we are done. If the team was calm and collected I would have hope but all this drama just shows we are out of it. ****.

Defend The Price

Mar 2, 2015
Montreal

He's looking for the plays... but there are no plays. Now that he's not forcing the play like before, he just loses possession of the puck and causes turnovers. So he's lost, playing like crap with no confidence.

He should just go with what the team is doing, dump it in the zone and grind it off like everyone.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Classic Therrien bashing...so easy to critique a coach after a lopsided loss.

Can't bash him when we win coz we won/da record

Can't bash him when we lose a close game because a few bounces our way would have given us the W.

Can't bash him we get thrashed because it's was too lopsided to be the coach's fault.

Do you notice a trend here? When can we bash him?

HabsDieHard*

Classic Therrien bashing...so easy to critique a coach after a lopsided loss.

This is a team that was outplayed the vast majority of games in the regular season and if not for getting the best goaltending in the league almost certainly would have missed the playoffs.

You might notice that it's not just after lopsided losses that Therrien gets criticized, his inability to make adjustments on the power play and the inept and clueless line changes make him an easy and fair target even after games which they've won.

And as always, after a bad loss the coach seeks to blame anyone but himself.

Because that's what cowards do.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You know, Galchenyuk is one of the best in his draft year. Truth be told, his development is fine, it's the expectations that are off.

He actually has the most points of his draft year. But he's also the guy who played the most. Let's be honest though....2012 will soon be known as one of the worst year for forwards. So that he is amongst the best....well I guess that won't be hard. Yet, again, as I said before, that's 12 points in his last 31 games including the playoffs. That's not good. That's not what I call a progression.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
People should stop blaming the players only. We have been blaming the players for the past 20 years. Every cancer we traded was replaced by a new one.

THis team is built by someone and is coached by someone. Our GF average is under 2. A well coached AHL team would score more goals. This is how bad it is. Players must take part of the blame but MT and MB must too.

This summer will be an important summer for MB. Things need to happen.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
That play happened more than once with different Habs players. Both times it was minimal contact by the Hab, and both times Bishop backed into the player to visually enhance the "foul."

I watched the replay several times. I suggest you do as well. Non freakin' issue.

Also love how the CBC panel say Prust shouldn't speak up about what the ref said to him.

Yeah, players should just swallow it when an official admits bias.

Bias how? He called him a MFer...you really think refs speak glowingly to players at all times? C'mon. Get real. We're only hearing one side here. Of course people back Prust's. All I know is his conduct was embarassing today bias or not.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Here's the article again :) from 2009 when they were calling for MT to be fired as the Pens coach. Sounds pretty familiar.

Penguins Fans: Time to Push the Panic Button and Fire Michel Therrien

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ush-the-panic-button-and-fire-michel-therrien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad