Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Be glad when Prust is gone.

Habs missed their opportunities and Tampa Bay took them to town. Look in the mirror you clowns. Nobody to blame 'cept yourselves. Well, not Price. One guy can only do so much.

Prust didn't cost us ****. We won't be better if Prust is off our 4th line and team.

He was a warrior last game but now because he took some penalties that did not have a real impact in the outcome of the game, he's better off the team? :laugh:

HabsDieHard*

Well, when someone says the players should have some of the blame...there's excuses so you tell me.

Once again, the whole team including MT weren't good enough.

I honestly have no idea what kind of point you're attempting to make here.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Where will he sign? Regardless of how you compare the oilers and the habs, we are still top 8 in the league at this point.

The exaggeration is strong that we're some terrible team.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm on board with you that MB needs a splash to really cement his legacy as our GM. There's no debate there.

He will probably sign with Detroit, I have heard it is his hometown. There is no way he is enjoying his stay on this "top 8" team. We havn't been dominant once in the playoffs, calling the habs "top 8" is hilarious seeing as how we probably lose to almost any of the 15 other teams that made the playoffs.

To cement his legacy? What legacy? His legacy of signing Desharnais and giving Subban the runaround? :laugh: He needs to DO SOMETHING to even be a footnote in the history books. Oh wow amazing acquisition of Gonchar! That is one for the HHOF for sure!

The team was fine 3 years ago when Gauthier left, it's a shame it's the exact same team with a bunch of "hanger ons" pretending to be coaching staff.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He actually has the most points of his draft year. But he's also the guy who played the most. Let's be honest though....2012 will soon be known as one of the worst year for forwards. So that he is amongst the best....well I guess that won't be hard. Yet, again, as I said before, that's 12 points in his last 31 games including the playoffs. That's not good. That's not what I call a progression.

Some suggest he deserves a promotion based on his play though. :shakehead

Reality is, I'm confident he'll be a legit top 6 forward. I'm not 100% certain he'll be the center we've been wanting for a long time.

That's why I've posted time and time again I would seek out Joe Thornton and squeeze out the final good years from him as a stop gap.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
0 -7 in our last 7 vs Tampa...the coaches got no answer..Trying to win 1-0 and 2-1 don't work vs Tampa....

In five of the 7 games Tampa has scored 4 or more goals.......no fluke

Blame the ref all you like......the Montreal coaches can't adjust

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
As I said earlier in this thread..

"The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others." -Don Shula

Why wouldn't he take the chance to build them up in front of the camera instead of shifting the blame from himself right on the players. He is not the type of coach that we need but it seems as though we are stuck with him. If some posters think he will be fired if we get swept then sadly you will be wrong. Next season he will lose the bench and that will be his only undoing.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I honestly have no idea what kind of point you're attempting to make here.

That's what I originally said and you called it an apologist post...

You can't solely blame the coach or solely blame the players. The reality is our PP structure is comical and predictable and that's on the coach but breakdowns, discipline and other areas which cost us the game tonight are not facets the coach promotes either. There's plenty of blame to pass around in a 6-2 loss.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Classic Therrien bashing...so easy to critique a coach after a lopsided loss.

Well someone has to do it, Therrien is too busy constantly blaming the guys for not sticking to the gameplan or executing after every loss.
Heck, even for the PP, when Marinaro asked him about it tonight he said ''you can't always score on the PP, I thought we had some good chances last game, but tonight we didn't execute''. As if tonight was the only night they didn't score. It's been a problem for 2 years, and he's blaming execution???
It's pretty freaking clear at this point that he just regurgitates the same crap because he has no better answer.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He will probably sign with Detroit, I have heard it is his hometown. There is no way he is enjoying his stay on this "top 8" team. We havn't been dominant once in the playoffs, calling the habs "top 8" is hilarious seeing as how we probably lose to almost any of the 15 other teams that made the playoffs.

To cement his legacy? What legacy? His legacy of signing Desharnais and giving Subban the runaround? :laugh: He needs to DO SOMETHING to even be a footnote in the history books. Oh wow amazing acquisition of Gonchar! That is one for the HHOF for sure!

The team was fine 3 years ago when Gauthier left, it's a shame it's the exact same team with a bunch of "hanger ons" pretending to be coaching staff.

MB has done a pretty good job I think. His replacements for offensive guys have gotten progressively worse though. Cole->Ryder->Briere->PAP. Then the team let go Gionta, replaced him with Sekac, and then traded him for DSP. They never replaced Vanek's offense.

Add in the fact that Gallagher, Eller, Galchenyuk haven't really progressed in their development and it hurts.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
What the hell has happened to Galchenyuk guys? I'm getting concerned about his development under this coaching staff that will likely all be back again next year. :(

MT brainwashing system
Da system kill offensive player potential and confidence

MT want to make Galchenyuk a dump and chase player
Shot from any impossible angles and forget creativity

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Can't bash him when we win coz we won/da record

Can't bash him when we lose a close game because a few bounces our way would have given us the W.

Can't bash him we get thrashed because it's was too lopsided to be the coach's fault.

Do you notice a trend here? When can we bash him?

His system is designed to prevent too much criticism on himself. He is actually super smart and found a way to get himself a well paying job the requires little work and contains job security with the only downside being us fans hating him.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
2a2q6q.jpg

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I still think Nilan said it best when he said MT coaches like someone who doesn't want to lose his job.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Prust didn't cost us ****. We won't be better if Prust is off our 4th line and team.

He was a warrior last game but now because he took some penalties that did not have a real impact in the outcome of the game, he's better off the team? :laugh:

His penalties shifted momentum.

HabsDieHard*

That's what I originally said and you called it an apologist post...

You can't solely blame the coach or solely blame the players. The reality is our PP structure is comical and predictable and that's on the coach but breakdowns, discipline and other areas which cost us the game tonight are not facets the coach promotes either. There's plenty of blame to pass around in a 6-2 loss.

So all a coach is responsible for is the power play.

The power play is awful.

But of course the players desreve blame as well.

Once again, I have no idea what kind of point you're trying to make here.

Everyone has to be better?

Yeah, that's pretty obvious.

The coaches' strategy is not suited for the players he has, and they are not producing nearly enough offence or creating any real sustained pressure either.

Blame the players if you'd like.

I see a team that doesn't look like it knows how to match up against Tampa Bay. At all.

Should the players make the in game adjustments they need to?

Or...is that...what the coach is there for?

:laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

How could he not be enjoying it? He's 27 years old and this is the first playoff action he ever got in the NHL. Do you really think beggars can be choosers?

Legacy doesn't necessarily mean greatness. The reality is MB has been patient, calculated but lacking the splash we need to push the team over the top. I never said HHOF or anything like that, you misunderstood.

As for Gauthier, so fine we finished 3rd last. Listen, I know you still love Gauthier and if you think he's awesome, I sincerely wish the oilers got him over Chiarelli just so they can be a laughing stock of the league for another 3-5 years.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We've been out scored 28-10 by Tampa in last 7 games(0 wins -7 loss)....the SYSTEM is broke...

HabsDieHard*

MB has done a pretty good job I think. His replacements for offensive guys have gotten progressively worse though. Cole->Ryder->Briere->PAP. Then the team let go Gionta, replaced him with Sekac, and then traded him for DSP. They never replaced Vanek's offense.

Add in the fact that Gallagher, Eller, Galchenyuk haven't really progressed in their development and it hurts.

How has Bergevin done a good job?

What positive moves has he made?

the nonsense about him clearing cap space for next year by wasting 6.5 million in cap space this season?

He's had one good UFA signing.

He's had a couple of decent trades, but none of them have done anything to address the glaring weaknesses this team has.

Bergevin inherited a great core and hasn't improved upon it at all.

Somehow this teams' forward depth is worse than it was when he was hired.

Prime years of their core ar ebeing pissed away.

And he sits there and trades for 4th liners?

Its' a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad