Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
this team's problems run deeper than Therrien, Bergevin needs to make some major shake ups.

Its time to trade Plekanec, guy is completely useless in the playoffs

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
LOL ...........well, okay. All PK's fault. Keep the fourth liner and get rid of PK then. :handclap:

yeah that's totally what I said.

If you watch the game on CBC, they even said we played great on the 4 min shorthanded. We didn't give anything to them. TB's tying goal was scored on PK's bad penalty. It was useless and after the whistle, late in the period after a great kill. That was the momentum killer.

But yeah go ahead, put words in my mouth. That's how people with no arguments argue.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Or they could have moved faster and hired Hartley

He didn't want to come to Montreal.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=633369

Calgary secured Hartley's release from the Lions late Wednesday and quickly called a news conference for the following day. Hartley said he informed new Montreal general manager Marc Bergevin of his decision Thursday morning.

"It was a quick decision, but I have no doubt in my mind that I made the right decision," Hartley said.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
And again, that's so false. We waited too much as Vigneault was available. With the past he had, Hartley was A MUCH BETTER choice than him. And then, you could even go as far as saying that while a rookie, Roy better surrounded, would also be a better choice than him. So nope..if there's one year when the pool was great, it was that one. And we blew it.

Vignault was fired the following year and hired by the Rangers. Hartley was offered a contract and signed a few days before his scheduled interview with Montreal if I remember correctly and Roy should have been hired probably. He was the popular choice, but Bergevin went with the grinder instead. Felt it was more important to build a certain structure and put fans to sleep I guess.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
How could he not be enjoying it? He's 27 years old and this is the first playoff action he ever got in the NHL. Do you really think beggars can be choosers?

Legacy doesn't necessarily mean greatness. The reality is MB has been patient, calculated but lacking the splash we need to push the team over the top. I never said HHOF or anything like that, you misunderstood.

As for Gauthier, so fine we finished 3rd last. Listen, I know you still love Gauthier and if you think he's awesome, I sincerely wish the oilers got him over Chiarelli just so they can be a laughing stock of the league for another 3-5 years.

Petry wont be a beggar when free agency rolls around and no one is begging to get on the habs. :laugh:

He works for the Blackhawks who are leading their series in a stronger conference but ya keep spouting that "vegan/ghost" garbage since you have nothing worthwhile to add. Are the Hawks a laughing stock? Nah the habs are the ones who have trouble potting 1 goal a game.

"Over the top", the habs not being able to score a goal means they aren't 1 player away. MB hasn't been patient he has been ineffective, just like gainey wasn't patient he was incompetent. As MB sits on his hands staring down the barrel of the gaping holes on our offense Price and Subban are wasting their time on a team with no chance just like Koivu did.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Yup. 1461 days from July 1st 2015.

Therrien is freaking terrified. Don't even ask how Dan Lacroix is doing (terrible).

To Lacroix' credit, it was impressive how long he was able to run this powerplay into the ground without anybody really being sure he was actually in charge of it or what his job actually entailed.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
yeah that's totally what I said.

If you watch the game on CBC, they even said we played great on the 4 min shorthanded. We didn't give anything to them. TB's tying goal was scored on PK's bad penalty. It was useless and after the whistle, late in the period after a great kill. That was the momentum killer.

But yeah go ahead, put words in my mouth. That's how people with no arguments argue.

So it was or wasn't PK's fault? LOL

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Vignault was fired the following year and hired by the Rangers. Hartley was offered a contract and signed a few days before his scheduled interview with Montreal if I remember correctly and Roy should have been hired probably. He was the popular choice, but Bergevin went with the grinder instead. Felt it was more important to build a certain structure and put fans to sleep I guess.

You are right. My bad about Vigneault. But we move faster and we might have had Hartley. Clearly, Hartley was the one and only choice. For us, Hartley was just 1 guy amongst a few others. Of course you go to a place where it's clear that you are wanted. And if he doesn't accept Calgary offer....and interview in Montréal and doesn't get it, he gets nothing.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
The biggest mistake this team has made in the last three years is not getting Chucky accustomed to the centre position while acquiring a LW to fill in the hole moving Chucky would create. Instead, the Habs gave the lionshare of opportunities and PP time to DD. It was a really bad decision. It was obvious to everyone and their grandmas that the spine of the club had to be Plekanec-Galchenyuk-Eller.

Andy, you're on a roll tonight. One gem after another. 100% agreed. Which is why LG and I keep coming back to his personnel management as one of his worst shortcomings.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
this team's problems run deeper than Therrien, Bergevin needs to make some major shake ups.

Its time to trade Plekanec, guy is completely useless in the playoffs

Plekanec is another one that is playing a role too big for him which is the first center but we have no choice. It's either him or DD since we know Eller will never be tried there.

Trading Plekanec is just giving more responsibilities to DD, is that really what you want?

Plekanec is a useful player, we just need to put him at the right spot which is 2nd line or 3rd line in a real contender team. Trading him won't necessarily mean it will make us a better team. Trading Plekanec won't solve any problem unless we get a legit 1st center for him which I highly doubt.

We have way bigger holes to fill than our 2nd center spot.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I believe we weren't done our interviews and Hartley got an offer. He didn't wait and went to Calgary.

So we should have moved WAY faster and not treat Hartley as one possibility but THE possibility. Of course he goes there if not, he doesn't take them, he's not hired by us, he gets nothing. We had to move faster if we wanted the best. They were not convince he was. And that was their mistake.

Capitaine Subban*

2 power plays early in the 2nd and the Habs had a chance to reclaim the lead.

Don't think they even got a scoring chance.

The Therrien apologists are going to be real quiet for the next couple of days.

Did Therrien miss an open net ? I cant remember ...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Petry wont be a beggar when free agency rolls around and no one is begging to get on the habs. :laugh:

He works for the Blackhawks who are leading their series in a stronger conference but ya keep spouting that "vegan/ghost" garbage since you have nothing worthwhile to add. Are the Hawks a laughing stock? Nah the habs are the ones who have trouble potting 1 goal a game.

"Over the top", the habs not being able to score a goal means they aren't 1 player away. MB hasn't been patient he has been ineffective, just like gainey wasn't patient he was incompetent. As MB sits on his hands staring down the barrel of the gaping holes on our offense Price and Subban are wasting their time on a team with no chance just like Koivu did.

Petry will have many options but you said he isn't enjoying his time here. You haven't backed up that accusation.

When did I ever mention Vegan or Ghost? Never.

Hawks have 2 cap circumventing contracts(IIRC), habs have none. Hawks have a 1st overall pick, habs have none.

You really think if they paid Hossa full price they'd win a single cup? I believe Keith's contract is the same but I may be wrong.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
It's like Parenteau/DSP are in a competition as to who can be the most useless forward. They make me miss Rene Bourque, both are a disgrace to the CH.

Gilbert at this point isn't even a top 6 dman. Him and Markov can't even be relied upon to defend 5 on 5, any time I see them on the PK I know Tampa's scoring.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

BUt that is so much not what this means. It means that he had a real offer from a team while the other team was treating him as just another piece amongst a few others. He had and wanted to go there 'cause he was actually getting a job. If we move faster and show him he's our candidate, we beat Calgary to it.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
So it was or wasn't PK's fault? LOL

Do you even know how to read?

You said Prust's 4 min penalties was a momentum killer, I said it wasn't because we actually played great on that PK. Subban's penalty cost us way more because it was useless and gave TB's the tying goal late in the 1st period. That's it.

I never said we should keep Prust over Subban, those are just your stupid words you're trying to put in my mouth because you got nothing else to say.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
And again, that's so false. We waited too much as Vigneault was available. With the past he had, Hartley was A MUCH BETTER choice than him. And then, you could even go as far as saying that while a rookie, Roy better surrounded, would also be a better choice than him. So nope..if there's one year when the pool was great, it was that one. And we blew it.

Hartley wasn't coming here....period...

Roy wanted too much authority.....

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
The biggest mistake this team has made in the last three years is not getting Chucky accustomed to the centre position while acquiring a LW to fill in the hole moving Chucky would create. Instead, the Habs gave the lionshare of opportunities and PP time to DD. It was a really bad decision. It was obvious to everyone and their grandmas that the spine of the club had to be Plekanec-Galchenyuk-Eller.

Not keeping Galchenyuk as a center this year was terribly short sighted. It's incredibly stupid. We'll pay for that mistake for a long time if Galchenyuk never finds his game at this position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad