Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't get the fear to hire Boucher. He wasn't fired from Montreal, he was given permission to speak to Tampa who hired him. He was great in Hamilton, especially with Subban who loves him. Who also happens to be one of the leaders and stars on the team.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Hartley could have come to Monréal, but there's no way he could have said no to Jay Feaster, who was Calgary's GM at the time. They worked together in the AHL in the past, and they became very close. Hartley is the godfather of one of Feaster's kids. How do you refuse an offer from a brother-in-arms?

Oh, and back to the subject at hand:

cU1d3w5.png

;)

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Coach won't get fired. He will probably be a shorter leash next season, depending on how his Number 31 will feel about it.

But changes will need to be made. I've been preaching the departure of Plekatchu for 2 seasons now. He's a very valuable commodity in the league, and would probably fetch a solid player.

Desharnais needs to go, but his value is dead zero. Even reporters hinted that Bergevin tried to trade him to no avail.

Next season will be the defining season. Eller and Chucky will need to play regularly. And someone will need to help Max score goals. And the pressure will be mounting on the GM.

He did not fail at the trade deadline. He failed during the season. You make your important trades early on, not at the end.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So we should have moved WAY faster and not treat Hartley as one possibility but THE possibility. Of course he goes there if not, he doesn't take them, he's not hired by us, he gets nothing. We had to move faster if we wanted the best. They were not convince he was. And that was their mistake.

Look, I wanted Hartley over MT but at the time none of us had faith in either.

They weren't convinced he was because they didn't even finish the evaluation.

End of the day that's what it comes down to.

Either way, Willie Desjardins was offered a deal by Pittsburgh and Vancouver but chose the one with less star power regardless. Guy Boucher was offered the job in CLB and TBL but chose TBL. These things happen. I believe Hartley was close with Feaster too.

No one was jumping on Hartley or MT for years and we had a process to do. That's the reality. I don't regret the habs being careful but it is unfortunate someone like Hartley slipped passed us. I just think it's 100% hindsight to expect him to be any good.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I want to punch PK in the mouth.

well technically, if they don't get a bounce, we're heading to the 2nd up a goal and we're probably in a good position to win...game 1 we should have won.....if we keep starting the way we're starting we can get a win, and if we can get a win we can get 2 we can make this a series and we can win this series its not over....we're in a better position than 24 other teams, they're all golfing...or raiding our thread to express their disgust in us cause we just eliminated them :laugh: ****ing senators fans man what the **** makes them think they are relevant at all? what a bunch of losers

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I still miss playoffs-Rene Bourque.
(8 playoff goals last season).

Hate me all you want, but our top 9 could use his goals/talent/speed/size/playoff grit-heart (for playoffs, not regular season).

I don't know what to say...bring in Charles Hudon next game.
Just do it. I don't want Prust or DLR in our top 9...I want Hudon there instead. 1-2-3 games won't hurt his development, imo...it may give our top 9 a boost it needs. Unless Therrien tells him not to get too creative/offensive out there.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
this team's problems run deeper than Therrien, Bergevin needs to make some major shake ups.

Its time to trade Plekanec, guy is completely useless in the playoffs

I disagree with throwing the players into the spotlight. Every team has players that under perform, it happens. There are 4 lines of different players that all step up at different times. Plekanec works hard for us and plays a heavy role, the guy gets no easy minutes and is widely regarded throughout the league as a great player. I think the team as a whole are better than we have seen and they are playing a system that is crippling to there strength's. I believe I am right in saying this especially when it comes to Pacioretty and Plekanec. When on the PK they often dominate the opposition with more ice to cover and much more consequence when it comes to mistakes. They in a sense coach themselves as a duo and are awesome to watch.

Switch that around to 5v5 and they rarely dominate because they are forced to chip and chase and often get over matched. How can those two guys get great chances short handed but get shutdown at even strength and on the PP. A pp which has everyone standing still and loading up the point for a shot from Subban which the whole league knows will happen. Even strength and PP tactics are the coach and he is doing a poor job. He is the boss after all and the players do what he wants.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
At the end of the day, other than Pacioretty, MTL has no one of the caliber of kucherov, johnson, palat or stamkos. This are legitimate top 6 players.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Coach won't get fired. He will probably be a shorter leash next season, depending on how his Number 3

I say when he's out behidn the dumpster smokign a cig after the game tonight someone sneaks up behind him and throws him in. Lock the doors and problem solved.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Hartley's not even that good. It's that Therrien was never a good option - neither was ****ing Crawford.

But Bergevin extended Therrien for FOUR years. FOUR.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Do you even know how to read?

You said Prust's 4 min penalties was a momentum killer, I said it wasn't because we actually played great on that PK. Subban's penalty cost us way more because it was useless and gave TB's the tying goal late in the 1st period. That's it.

I never said we should keep Prust over Subban, those are just your stupid words you're trying to put in my mouth because you got nothing else to say.

Prust's penalty was the start of the ''indiscipline''. It doesn't matter if they scored on it or not. That was the first bad penalty.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Petry will have many options but you said he isn't enjoying his time here. You haven't backed up that accusation.

When did I ever mention Vegan or Ghost? Never.

Hawks have 2 cap circumventing contracts(IIRC), habs have none. Hawks have a 1st overall pick, habs have none.

You really think if they paid Hossa full price they'd win a single cup? I believe Keith's contract is the same but I may be wrong.

What a pile of excuses, yes I agree the Hawks have better management. We are stuck with a guy that wants to wear suits and pretend he's a GM. We have bob gainey v0.2

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Do you even know how to read?

You said Prust's 4 min penalties was a momentum killer, I said it wasn't because we actually played great on that PK. Subban's penalty cost us way more because it was useless and gave TB's the tying goal late in the 1st period. That's it.

I never said we should keep Prust over Subban, those are just your stupid words you're trying to put in my mouth because you got nothing else to say.

I thought the Habs were playing better and had control of the game before Prust's antics. Neither Prust, Subban or Gilbert should be excused. All played undisciplined hockey that contributed to the loss.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Markov, Subban are the 5 best PP producer in the season.
With all the PP problems, we never even seen those 5 best together.

Michel Therrien killed many player's offensive confidence this season. He hasn't worked his line-up in order to be competitive in the PO. All the lines he's been working on already failed in the PO. Built all season long on Pacioretty-DD, Galchenyuk - Plekanec....

Galchenyuk's game went to hell when Therrien put him back on the wing....hard to take for young man wanting to play center in the NHL.

This team wasn't built for going deep in the PO....and that's where Therrien almost lost a full season building towards nothing. It's all been about Price this year.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
What a pile of excuses, yes I agree the Hawks have better management. We are stuck with a guy that wants to wear suits and pretend he's a GM. We have bob gainey v0.2
Gainey and Bergevin are way too alike for my liking.

But the truth is we can still win this series, and I want to beat Tampa very badly - **** their mickey mouse organization and cup parades in parking lots. **** them. They don't deserve a team.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
Another MT weakness
He put referee again him with his press declarations like he do sometime with his own players

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
We need clutch player

Pacioretty ain't one, Plek ain't one. Galchenyuk with the way he is playing ain't one. PAP ain't one, DD ain't one, DSP ain't one.

We have Gallagher, Weise and Eller who are "okay".

I've predicted it. We will have problem scoring in these playoffs. We won't win any cup with so little offense.

Last year we had Bourque, Weise, Briere and Eller who scored a lot of important goals. All bottom 6 players.

Last time we went in the conference final, Cammalleri and Gionta scored most of the goals.

Last edited:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I don't get the hate for Tampa. Solid team from top to bottom, filled with young and creative talent. Cooper promotes a solid system and relies on his youngsters to win. Yzerman has built the team Bergevin is afraid to build. No chance Bergevin ever trades St. Louis if he were in MTL. I look forward to the day MTL can emulate the Tampa model.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad