Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So we should blame Prust because the others followed his indiscipline? I don't see any correlation between Prust's penalty and Subban's.

Prust 4 min is bad. It happens every games. We will get a penalty sooner or later. So we killed his penalties brilliantly and then PK took his but its still Prust fault? I don't get it.

You shouldn't blame Prust alone, you shouldn't blame PK alone either. After the first, it's 1-1. The game is not over. There was a 20min break. We came out flat in the 2nd. Why should PK get blamed for that and the rest of the debacle?
Our PK allowed 4 goals tonight. That's terrible. The refs were terrible. They played a part. Not one forward scored tonight. That's terrible. Our coach had zero answer. That's terrible. Our PP continues to be putrid. That's terrible.

Many factors contributed to our loss, you don't count the indiscipline only when it costs you a goal. Prust's penalty was part of the indiscipline.

DD51*

Must be Desharnais' fault ? Oh, he was not playing... That's is fault anyway.:sarcasm:

Very embarrassing loss. They played a tremendous first period besides the stupid, stupid penaltues taken by Prust and PK. Price made a couple of solid saves too. But the goal he gave late was kind of meh and a back braker.

The whole team just switched off.

If they want, really want to come back in that series, it' s gonna be like climbing the Everest wthout breathing apparates.

SherbrookeW

Nov 20, 2007
Painful , painful loss after such a great regular season...but the simple truth is that Bergevin, and MT secondarily, bet everything on the notion that tough , grinding , defensive hockey wins playoff games and it doesn't. A team stripped of all creative offensive flair can't win when it gets a goal behind, much less two.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Johnson, undrafted
Palat, 7th round pick
Kucherov, 2nd round pick
Bishop, acquired via trade
Filipula, signed as UFA
Stralman, signed as UFA
Callahan, Coburn, Garrison, Carle, Morrow, Boyle all signed as UFA or traded for.

they're also winning without Drouin (3rd overall)...

Like I said, love what he did. But can't stand the leechers.

I like the euro soccer and baseball models. You have money you win. I'm a capitalist. Sue me.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You shouldn't blame Prust alone, you shouldn't blame PK alone either. After the first, it's 1-1. The game is not over. There was a 20min break. We came out flat in the 2nd. Why should PK get blamed for that and the rest of the debacle?
Our PK allowed 4 goals tonight. That's terrible. The refs were terrible. They played a part. Not one forward scored tonight. That's terrible. Our coach had zero answer. That's terrible. Our PP continues to be putrid. That's terrible.

Many factors contributed to our loss, you don't count the indiscipline only when it costs you a goal. Prust's penalty was part of the indiscipline.

It goes way deeper than Prust penalty...Has got 0 wins in 7 games vs Tampa....outscored 28-10......The coaches can't adjust to Tampa period....

Tampa has scored 7- 6 -5 and 4 goals on us in these 7 games....

Trying to win 2-1 is dumb

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Must be Desharnais' fault ? Oh, he was not playing... That's is fault anyway.:sarcasm:

Nobody ever said it was his fault. People blame MT for using him as 1st line center. And i'm sorry but relying on him as the first line center was a very big mistake. Now we are asking a guy who barely played on the first line for the past 3 years to do the job. Plekanec should not be there on the first line. Not at his age and skill level. MT should have kept Galchenyuk there and dying or living with him.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
its very simple....we're the montreal canadiens....we're classless, and cheap, and dirty, and we dive and when we win we do it the wrong way and when we lose we do it the wrong way and we're never right, and we're always pathetic and our crowd sucks cause they don't cheer us on when we get blown out and our crowd sucks even more because they cheer too loud when we win, and every team that we ever play for the rest of our lives will always be more deserving of a win, or round or a trophy or a cup because we just don't belong in this league. We're simply not good enough to stand with the mighty flawless, accomplished franchises that surround us, that have done so much more for this game than us. Everyone else is right, we're wrong...we're losers they're all winners, we suck...Period.:laugh:

ok... that... didnt' answer my question... :help:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It goes way deeper than Prust penealty...Has are got 0 wins in 7 games vs Tampa....outsocred 28-10......The coaches can't adjust to Tampa period....

Yep at this point can't only blame the players. 28-10. TB has a very good team but they are not a cup favorite. You should not be 28-10 against them. Losing is okay but not by the margin we see. Coach must take part of the blame.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
So many salty sens and bruins fans on the main boards it actually is the only thing that cheers me up about this series haha.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Ideally I don't think Gallagher is a top 6 player. On a solid, deep team he's on the third line. Plekanec hasn't produced like a top 6 player in the playoffs since he got to MTL. So, does he really count? Pacioretty has not been producing like he's used to and I blame that on the fact that he doesn't have a legitamate center to feed him the puck. If you're top 6 players don't produce like top 6 players in the playoffs, are they really worthy of that title?

this isnt a fantasy league...

no team has 6 top 6 players, not a single one... so yeah, a player like Gallagher would play on any team top 6.

even in TB, the very best offense in the whole league, the 5th most used forward today was Alex Killorn, let's not act as if guys like Galchenyuk or Gallagher wouldnt play as much on their team...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
what a ****ing joke cant even lose with dignity.

elbow pad Prust :shakehead

On the bright side the Bruins,Sens and Leafs are still our *****es.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Like I said, love what he did. But can't stand the leechers.

I like the euro soccer and baseball models. You have money you win. I'm a capitalist. Sue me.

xcept, TB isnt part of the leechers group, they got two top picks (Hedman, Stamkos) just like we also have Galchenyuk and Price...

DD51*

Nobody ever said it was his fault. People blame MT for using him as 1st line center. And i'm sorry but relying on him as the first line center was a very big mistake. Now we are asking a guy who barely played on the first line for the past 3 years to do the job. Plekanec should not be there on the first line. Not at his age and skill level. MT should have kept Galchenyuk there and dying or living with him.

Just blame MB. He is the boss. If DD or Plekky don't cut it at top line centers, they should be traded or released. As fot Galchy, you have five coaches and half a dozen hockey minds at management level who know everething about him and every single players of the organisation. If they are sure he is nor ready for center duties, they must have great reasons and infos that we don't have. The kid is tured, or injured, or doesn'tvgive a ****. I hope it's not the last one.

This team is not built yet to go far in Playoffs. Lots of work to do.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What the heck happened to Markov?

And to Plekanec?

Also, is there a more useless player than PAP? Is he really paid 4 ****ing M$?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Yep at this point can't only blame the players. 28-10. TB has a very good team but they are not a cup favorite. You should not be 28-10 against them. Losing is okay but not by the margin we see. Coach must take part of the blame.

The Game is too fast.
Pricer don't stop da puck.
Refs don't call offside.
The players are not good enough to follow da plan.

:dunno:

Not his fault. :sarcasm:

coleharbrr

Mar 9, 2015
Painful , painful loss after such a great regular season...but the simple truth is that Bergevin, and MT secondarily, bet everything on the notion that tough , grinding , defensive hockey wins playoff games and it doesn't. A team stripped of all creative offensive flair can't win when it gets a goal behind, much less two.
very accurate post. well said

Monsieur

Oct 30, 2006
I blame the little goalie kid who fell on the ice during the introduction.

Also I got tickets for Game 5 and don't know how I feel about the rest of this series now... Do I wanna save 600$ or..? :( I'm sad.

Go Habs Go, I guess, win 2 on the road, it's the only option.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What wins cup is balance. Not defense. You got to have a good balance between offense and defense.

The only way to win with defense only is to have Stevens, Niedermayer and Rafalski as top 3 dmen group with Brodeur in the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad