Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
here is the thing.

MB has to figure this out, you need offense to win games, and the habs are a subpar team of offense...

MB goes and gets mitchell and flynn...how has that helped the PP?
i am not blaming them, i am asking why MB did not fix the problem, and go out and get help to build around Price?

it falls on management, you can't expect more from the group on the ice now. you can't turn 3rd liners into top 6 players.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
here is the thing.

MB has to figure this out, you need offense to win games, and the habs are a subpar team of offense...

i am not blaming them, i am asking why MB did not fix the problem, and go out and get help to build around Price?

it falls on management, you can't expect more from the group on the ice now. you can't turn 3rd liners into top 6 players.

If Montreal can't figure out Tampa ,every year comes playoffs for the next 3-5 years ,your in deep sheet.Trying to win 2-1 don't work against them,they just blow the doors off ....as long as we got a system that has us a low scoring team ,we're goona be doomed vs Tampa...every year.....the onus is on the coaches...Price allowing 2 goals or less in 44 of his 66 games is there strategy.....It don't work vs Tampa...so there gonna go down with the ship trying to win 2-1 ......and continue to get blown out .

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Prust should just shut the **** up. Don't do a Burrows and give you a bad reputation with referees.

the ref that Burrows complained about where is he? Burrows was right i guess..

Same with Prust.....the ref kept chirpin him....the guy in the box opening the door to the box would have heard everything....

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
MB find some scoring...that is your job

It's also Timmins' job. What should Bergevin do? Trade the whole farm team to get a top 6 forward?

Bergevin should do a major trade this summer. However, Timmins also have to improve his forwards drafting.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
It's entirely possible that MB didn't think the team was a top contender this year. Last year he went out and got Vanek who is the definition of the kind of player you acquire for a cup run. So we know he knows what it takes.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
It's also Timmins' job. What should Bergevin do? Trade the whole farm team to get a top 6 forward?

Bergevin should do a major trade this summer. However, Timmins also have to improve his forwards drafting.

true enough......the whole team needs to address this..

and get a bigger bar, to get players over 5 feet.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Stamkos is so awesome, I'll be rooting for the Bolts if they make it to the ECF. I think they will.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I think most of you missed the mark on prust. In the first period Watson gave him first a BS call and then another. That is flat out wrong in regular season nevermind game2 after an offside(officials) gave the game away 2 days ago. Which they missed a bunch of times tonight as well. Second it was PKs penalty(which was a penalty) that deflated the habs. Not because they scored, but beacause of when they scored. Late period goals are back breakers. Price wasn't sharp, MT left him anyway. Not sure if I am more pissed at the refs or Steve Whinermans, after their win.

Refs where complete bull crap tonight, and ANYONE defending them is just doing it to be cool. 41 minutes in penalties to the habs in the third period, including tossing weise, no one even gave it much of a mention in the PGT. Our only two guys who can throw the body well, and get opponents off their game get handcuffed and tossed and somehow we can't lay ANY blame on the refs...Because momentum isn't a thing?

DD51*

Confidence is (almost) everything.

If the Habs would had won Game 1 - a game they dominated - they would had put behind them the psychological advantage the Bolts had over them since the first time they met last October.

Tonight, if the Habs would had gone back to the dressing room 1-0 after the first period, I got the feeling they would had won the game.

Now, the hole is deeper and deeper. Even Price could not save them from a sweep.

MayorFord

Feb 13, 2007
they need to take example of what cameron did for game 3 vs. ott. you gotta do some changes to the roster because you cannot keep doing the same thing and expecting different results...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/lightning-6-canadiens-2-3.1133233

you can see it in this video at the from the 40 seconds mark. The ref kept going at it and 6 seconds later, Prust said something that got himself another 2 min.

Looks like the ref was just waiting for that.

It should be cut and dry,just ask the guy who opens the penalty box door what was said..He heard it all....
I personally believe Prust.

I seen so many players head to the box and complain way worse than Prust,no extra 2...Watson played the you talkin to me pal card ,and wanted to show he is a boss...

Why stick your head into the box and keep beaking off at Prust?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
here is the thing.

You can absolutely expect more from the group on the ice. Gallagher-Patches-Plek-Galchenyuk-DD have a combined 12pts in 39 games!! That's not even subpar, it's a microscopic production from the top 5 guys that are supposed to lead your offense.
Even if people want to claim we're just not that good, we are also not that terrible.
We have issues scoring 2 freaking goals a game. It's not like we're facing these stellar defensive teams either, and for God's sake, we're talking Bishop and Anderson, not superstar goalies.
It's just unacceptable and you simply cannot just blame talent. We're not the god damn Buffalo Sabres and yet we're scoring at the same pace at which they scored during the season. It's beyond pathetic.

People have been discussing the weak and flawed system all year. They discussed the lines used as well saying how they won't cut it in the POs. So what happens in the POs?? We switch the lines..surprise surprise..:facepalm:
What does that lead to? Well, it leads to Markov making a no look pass to no one, or Galchenyuk drop it behind him off a 4-2 rush because there's just no chemistry with the guys.
There's also some pretty freaking weird or flat out stupid decision from the coach.
We start the game well, Patches and Plek rush the net well, a little scrum ensues next to Bishop. Good! We follow this up by...putting Mitchell's line for the offensive zone FOs vs TB's 4th line instead of using our home ice advantage to win match ups and deploy the EGG line there.
Such a stupid decision. With the PP it's the same thing, we are not changing our strategies at all, and apparently, according to Therrien, it's the players not executing (for 2 years).
It's like we're trying NOT to score. It's not all on the coach, players can take some blame too, like Galchenyuk that has a clear opening down the middle as he rushes with the puck but decides to pass it to the wing where Gallagher is in a tighter coverage, although that's likely due to confidence that's been destroyed from playing in such a weak system.

So ya, you can blame talent, but we are seriously under producing right now. We're scoring .02 more goals per game than Buffalo did during the season.

DD51*

they need to take example of what cameron did for game 3 vs. ott. you gotta do some changes to the roster because you cannot keep doing the same thing and expecting different results...

So, you mean MT put Tokarski in goal ? ;)

DD51*

It should be cut and dry,just ask the guy who opens the penalty box door what was said..He heard it all....
I personally believe Prust.

I seen so many players head to the box and complain way worse than Prust,no extra 2...Watson played the you talkin to me pal card ,and wanted to show he is a boss...

Why stick your head into the box and keep beaking off at Prust?

Prust should just had talked about it with his coach and Bergevin who would had handled the case to the NHL . Not to the media.

Sir Jacques Demers

May 5, 2006
The way our powerplay has been going can we afford to leave Gonchar in the stands?

- People are getting excited about Lars Eller showing poise out there, I'm having trouble getting past his 2 pts in 7 games.

- Deharnais as no numbers as usual.

- No one has replaced Rene Bourque

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/lightning-6-canadiens-2-3.1133233

you can see it in this video at the from the 40 seconds mark. The ref kept going at it and 6 seconds later, Prust said something that got himself another 2 min.

Looks like the ref was just waiting for that.

You can see it with how he made his hand motion. Total dickweed. Hope he gets fired to show the rest of teh officials they need to do their job as unbiased as possible, but like much in the NHL we know that won't happen,as the NHL makes it up as they go along.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Prust should just had talked about it with his coach and Bergevin who would had handled the case to the NHL . Not to the media.

Yes ,then the video of the ref beaking Prust off should have been deleted too eh?

Prust was going into the box,,,the ref didn't need to stick his head in and rip him.......call the 2 ...different story if Prust was in the box going crazy,but that wasn't the case.......Prust will get a fine likely,but what the ref did wasn't right .

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I agree. They should put him on waivers next season if he keeps playing like this. His stupid penalties cost Montreal the game more than anything, and he is a forward that hardly ever scores.

If you think Prust is paid to score just because he is a forward, you don't know much about hockey. Prust was a warrior just a game ago, just because he showed some emotion tonight, now he's useless? He's fought a lot of fights for his teammates so we don't need anyone else to do it. Prust is a great role player for us.

His penalties didn't cost us anything except for some offense time for 4 minutes. PK's penalty is not related to Prust at all and that's the penalty that cost the team tying goal late in the first period. It was a bad penalty, bad timing that came after the whistle. You guys are just trying to find a scapegoat for the loss. Just a game ago, we were praising how Prust was good in the last game. Prust board battle also lead to our first goal. Prust has as many points as Pacioretty and Plekanec and has more points than Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, PAP, DD, DSP and Weise. So yeah, the 4th liner that is 2nd in points in this playoffs is useless and should be traded! He's obviously the problem of this team.

We had a lot of problem to score against Anderson and Bishop and we paid Prust to go mess with them as much as possible. Prust did his best to get into those goalies head while the rest keep shooting from the perimeter. This is the playoffs, not sweet hockey will lead to champioship.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's what I originally said and you called it an apologist post...

You can't solely blame the coach or solely blame the players. The reality is our PP structure is comical and predictable and that's on the coach but breakdowns, discipline and other areas which cost us the game tonight are not facets the coach promotes either. There's plenty of blame to pass around in a 6-2 loss.

Why not?
It works for our Power Play...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad