Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
haven't (and won't) watched the game, would anyone like to give a quick summary? more importantly, why were they classless pukes?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I thought the Habs were playing better and had control of the game before Prust's antics. Neither Prust, Subban or Gilbert should be excused. All played undisciplined hockey that contributed to the loss.

I'm not excusing his penalty (still think he deserves 2 min).

The rest of your post I agree completely.

Mynameismark*

Prust is defo not the problem here. I'll take Prust all day any day.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Plekanec, Gallagher, Galchenyuk are also legitimate top 6 players.

Gallagher is good but the guy can't complete a pass to save his life. Those Tampa youngsters are on another level. plekanec hasn't produced in the playoffs since idk when. Galchenyuk has been terrible but the potential is there. I take Tampa trio any day.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Gainey and Bergevin are way too alike for my liking.

But the truth is we can still win this series, and I want to beat Tampa very badly - **** their mickey mouse organization and cup parades in parking lots. **** them. They don't deserve a team.

I don't think so, our chances are weak and there is zero follow up. If we don't score on the first attempt there is almost never a second shot. Even when we hem them in their own zone they dominate the play only allowing weak shots. When we do break through it's Mitchell or Flynn or something, we have so little game breaking offensive talent.

This is without mentioning their offense which is very robust, when they hem us in it gets very dangerous and Price has to be incredible every night.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
At the end of the day, other than Pacioretty, MTL has no one of the caliber of kucherov, johnson, palat or stamkos. This are legitimate top 6 players.

Okay, but play this in your mind: could all three of Kucherov, Johnson and Palat have evolved in Montreal with this coach, especially given the double mandate of winning and protecting his favorite forward? My answer to that question is a resounding no. At least one or two would be branded as defensive liabilities or not physical enough and shown the fourth line.

With a Galchenyuk having been groomed to play center, with Eller being given his fair share of offensive-zone faceoffs and given at least one productive winger, with Ghetto given a fair shot after impressing in his first three games... These are all small tweaks that would had led to a much more productive offense. There is too much bias up front towards defensive or physical play, and MT has treated all of his young, potential gamebreakers with complete disdain. Cooper has seen his young gamebreakers as part of the solution and been rewarded so far.

Last edited:

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Lack of discipline and lack of finish cost them the game. You can't do that in the playoffs against an elite team and expect to win. Habs' should have taken a 2 goal lead in the first and never looked back. They need to add a Hudon or someone with some offensive skill in the bottom 6 because this team needs all the help it can get right now offensively.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Prust's penalty was the start of the ''indiscipline''. It doesn't matter if they scored on it or not. That was the first bad penalty.

So we should blame Prust because the others followed his indiscipline? I don't see any correlation between Prust's penalty and Subban's.

Prust 4 min is bad. It happens every games. We will get a penalty sooner or later. So we killed his penalties brilliantly and then PK took his but its still Prust fault? I don't get it.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
This series is over. Doesn't matter if they lose in 4 or 7, they won't be moving on and winning 4 of the next 5 games. . Hoping for a sweep so I can get my lawn work done.
Reality is Habs suck against Bishop and good for Prust not bending over like the rest of his teammates.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
I don't get the hate for Tampa. Solid team from top to bottom, filled with young and creative talent. Cooper promotes a solid system and relies on his youngsters to win. Yzerman has built the team Bergevin is afraid to build. No chance Bergevin ever trades St. Louis if he were in MTL. I look forward to the day MTL can emulate the Tampa model.

Welfare team from down South, who follow the Pittsburgh plan of winning, then tanking galore, then rebuilding because of it, and then leaching on the richer organisations (let's remember that they were practically run by the NHL not too long ago) for equity money, then winning AGAINST them. And bragging about it.

Nothing too glorious if you ask me.

Having welfare teams winning against the richer organisations like the Habs, Taranna and New York gets to me.

I do like what Stevie Y did. He was bold. He was right. People here don't want to trade Plekanec, yet he traded much better players. He did it and got heart and soul in return. Plus, he let his young guns play.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Gallagher is good but the guy can't complete a pass to save his life. Those Tampa youngsters are on another level. plekanec hasn't produced in the playoffs since idk when. Galchenyuk has been terrible but the potential is there. I take Tampa trio any day.

wether one is better than the other is somewhat irrelevant, you're saying TB has 4 top 6 players, meaning they,re using two borderline players to round up their top 6...

Habs have 4 top 6 players (the 3 I named + Patches), meaning Habs also need two borderline players to round up their top 6...

end result : TB has the best offense in the league, Habs the worst offense out of the 16 teams to make the PO this season...

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
I don't get the hate for Tampa. Solid team from top to bottom, filled with young and creative talent. Cooper promotes a solid system and relies on his youngsters to win. Yzerman has built the team Bergevin is afraid to build. No chance Bergevin ever trades St. Louis if he were in MTL. I look forward to the day MTL can emulate the Tampa model.

I honestly think the Nords coming back would enable this to happen... enough with all the pressures that have NOTHING to do with hockey, being placed on this organisation.

Aug 25, 2009
éal

I was about to agree with you until the last part.

Hard to hate on the Lightning, fierce young competitive team that will be good for years to come. Drouin isnt even on the lineup.

But I love what MB has done to our team so far. He's gonna fix the top 6 issue just like he did with our lack of size/grit and our lack of a true number 3 dman. He sees an issue and he adressed it albeit he won't sell the farm in order to do so. Getting a top 6 player isnt an easy task, they got Vanek for a low price last year but he wouldnt even re-sign him.

As for St-Louis, Stamkos does miss him. He was much better when he wasnt captain and had good veteran St-Louis on his wing. But Yzerman had no choice to trade him after the whole Team Canada mess...

As for this series, I think the Canadiens will win next game but honestly it feels like the Habs are emotionaly drained. It does feel a bit like the back-to-back losts against Boston last season.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
wether one is better than the other is somewhat irrelevant, you're saying TB has 4 top 6 players, meaning they,re using two borderline players to round up their top 6...

Habs have 4 top 6 players (the 3 I named + Patches), meaning Habs also need two borderline players to round up their top 6...

end result : TB has the best offense in the league, Habs the worst offense out of the 16 teams to make the PO this season...

Ideally I don't think Gallagher is a top 6 player. On a solid, deep team he's on the third line. Plekanec hasn't produced like a top 6 player in the playoffs since he got to MTL. So, does he really count? Pacioretty has not been producing like he's used to and I blame that on the fact that he doesn't have a legitamate center to feed him the puck. If you're top 6 players don't produce like top 6 players in the playoffs, are they really worthy of that title?

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Plekanec, Gallagher, Galchenyuk are also legitimate top 6 players.

The golden boy 27 is not top6 calibur at the moment. What has he done in these playoffs besides scoring a lucjy goal on a scrub goalie?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Wow just saw Prust's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on CBC. It almost felt like the ref lure him to take another penalty.

He followed Prust to the bench yapping at Prust who sat down and looked away while the ref is yapping at him. Prust said something (I think because we can't see on the replay) and the ref immediately gave the sign of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Not sure but from what I heard, even the panel on CBC were surprised the ref gave him an extra penalty for that.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Welfare team from down South, who follow the Pittsburgh plan of winning, then tanking galore, then rebuilding because of it, and then leaching on the richer organisations (let's remember that they were practically run by the NHL not too long ago) for equity money, then winning AGAINST them. And bragging about it.

Having welfare teams winning against the richer organisations like the Habs, Taranna and New York gets to me.

Johnson, undrafted
Palat, 7th round pick
Kucherov, 2nd round pick
Bishop, acquired via trade
Filipula, signed as UFA
Stralman, signed as UFA
Callahan, Coburn, Garrison, Carle, Morrow, Boyle all signed as UFA or traded for.

they're also winning without Drouin (3rd overall)...

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Gainey and Bergevin are way too alike for my liking.

But the truth is we can still win this series, and I want to beat Tampa very badly - **** their mickey mouse organization and cup parades in parking lots. **** them. They don't deserve a team.

Inquiring minds want to know:

WHERE THE **** IS THE BANTER THREAD?

You expect the Habs to win without one?

We need clutch W7. Not this whining, *****y version of yourself.

:D

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

I do like what Stevie Y did. He was bold. He was right. People here don't want to trade Plekanec, yet he traded much better players. He did it and got heart and soul in return. Plus, he let his young guns play.

A little harsh. Palat a 7-rounder. Johnson undrafted. Hired a coach with no NHL pedigree who is not afraid to play small fast players still breaking into the league. Meanwhile, we keep going in circles because press conferences have to be held in French.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
I don't condone Prust's actions whatsoever, but how does a NHL referee act so unprofessional in the playoffs of a major sport? NHL referees are the most unprofessional of any major sports. How does these 2 meatheads Watson and Lee get to ref an important playoff game?

http://www.tsn.ca/prust-has-choice-words-for-referee-watson-1.274336

Prust claims that Watson, 43, verbally assailed him following a roughing penalty late in the first period.

"I thought the original call was kind of soft and I let him know on the way to the box," said Prust.

Watson assessed Prust a two-minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on top of the original minor when the pair appeared to exchange words, but Prust claims that their interaction was initiated by the referee.

"He kept provoking me," said Prust. "He came to the box and called me every name in the book. He called me a piece of you-know-what, a mother-effer, a coward and said he'd drive me right out of this building. I kept going, 'Yeah, okay. Yeah, okay. Yeah, okay.' He kept on me. He kept on me. I kept saying, 'Yeah, okay.' I wasn't looking at him. He teed me up. That's the ref he is. He tries to play God. He tries to control the game and he did that tonight."

bigtimehockeyfan999*

haven't (and won't) watched the game, would anyone like to give a quick summary? more importantly, why were they classless pukes?

its very simple....we're the montreal canadiens....we're classless, and cheap, and dirty, and we dive and when we win we do it the wrong way and when we lose we do it the wrong way and we're never right, and we're always pathetic and our crowd sucks cause they don't cheer us on when we get blown out and our crowd sucks even more because they cheer too loud when we win, and every team that we ever play for the rest of our lives will always be more deserving of a win, or round or a trophy or a cup because we just don't belong in this league. We're simply not good enough to stand with the mighty flawless, accomplished franchises that surround us, that have done so much more for this game than us. Everyone else is right, we're wrong...we're losers they're all winners, we suck...Period.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad