Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Im talking about this game, not last series. Look at the call on Vanek 10 minutes ago, Keith pushes him into Crawford, Crawford jabs him in the face, Vanek get's a penalty for goalie interference, thats the ref saying keep out of the paint and don't touch the goalie or im gonna call it. The officiating is too inconsistent, last game saw Weise fall on top of Bishop when he didn't have to and it went uncalled, had that happened tonight its probably a penalty, refs are the weakest part of the game

ya i agree with that refs are ****....i know I've seen us get calls when we shouldn't and obviously I'm not mad about that when it happens but when it goes the other way you really realize how ****ing pathetic it is....i mean this is the godamn playoffs and what was called on prust wouldn't have been called in the preseason

HabsDieHard*

If you look at this teams' roster now compared to when Bergevin came to the team it's pretty jarring how completely and totally he has failed in impvoing the teams' forward depth.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Do you really think that these consumate professionals who've clawed their way into the NHL "don't want it enough"? Have you played sports?

Is that more likely or is it that their gameplan distracts them and they lose their focus because they've been forced to play a way that doesn't suit them?

The "doesn't want it enough" narrative has been debunked so many times, especially with THIS squad who rarely takes nights off in the regular season. These guys want it really bad - they can't get there with Therrien at the helm.

I'd say THAT's highly unlikely. It's the playoffs. They've been playing the gameplan for over a season now. The excuses I'm reading in this thread. :shakehead

Tampa is just a better team, especially (and dramatically so) at forward. Montreal's gameplan has been generating scoring chances. The difference is that Tampa is scoring and we're not. We have like a 5% shooting percentage these playoffs. That, combined with the terrible PP and we'll be lucky to win a game.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Who cares about the calls when the gameplan is crap and the special teams are predictable and ineffective?

Seriously.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's a tactical thing much more than a "willpower" thing.

People said the same **** about Kovalev and the guy wanted to win more than anybody else on the team. He just didn't trust the gameplan most of the time and tried to do it all himself.

Same goes here, these guys know their gameplan is whack and are on the edge of losing the coach. If only it happened 40 games ago.

Kovalev's reputation came from a career with many different coaches. I'd say it's a bad example.

Now, I've never said MT is immune to criticism. I just said it's very leafs fan esque to constantly blame the coach when the players themselves need to take some of the blame.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd say THAT's highly unlikely. It's the playoffs. They've been playing the gameplan for over a season now. The excuses I'm reading in this thread. :shakehead

Tampa is just a better team, especially (and dramatically so) at forward. Montreal's gameplan has been generating scoring chances. The difference is that Tampa is scoring and we're not. We have like a 5% shooting percentage these playoffs. That, combined with the terrible PP and we'll be lucky to win a game.

We take garbage shots from garbage positions, have a terrible transition game and don't score on the PP.

The only reason we're in the playoffs is because of Price's heroics - try to see how many one-goal wins we'd have had go the other way if Price played 0.920 hockey. Go for it. (We'd be out of the playoffs)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And are somebody really pissed about what Watson said to Prust? When players continuously lack respect towards the refs and call them themselves idiots. Mr. Prust didn't like to be called piece of ****? Get real Brendan and play hockey instead of whining....It's embarassing that he's trying to find reasons why he looked stupid.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Petry looks like he's worth double the money in montreal. So I doubt he's upset about being here.

He was always a talented player but if he wants to win anything he will not sign here. You can't win with this repulsive offense and Bergevin is only interested in beefing up the third/fourth lines.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
100% agreed, I have seen more blown calls this season than I have ever, it has been awful. And for gods sake, make EVERYTHING reviewable, this BS that "Oh that should be goalie interference butttttt its not reviewable" is a joke. If you have the technology, use it.

They need to make a coaches challenge so that obvious joke calls can be reversed.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Da game plan hasn't worked against Tampa all season MT if you weren't keeping track.

Eh Watch out now. It's not that DA GAME PLAN wasn't working...it's because DA GAME PLAN wasn't executed well....during all 7 freakin games!

HabsDieHard*

We take garbage shots from garbage positions, have a terrible transition game and don't score on the PP.

The only reason we're in the playoffs is because of Price's heroics - try to see how many one-goal wins we'd have had go the other way if Price played 0.920 hockey. Go for it. (We'd be out of the playoffs)

Bang on.

If Price played like a top 15 goalie in the NHL this year instead of the bets goalie the Habs miss the playoffs.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

It's excuses for our team. Constant excuses. "Galchenyuk would be a superstar if not for MT!" "Pacioretty would be a 50 goal scorer if not for MT!" "Subban would be a prodigy if not for MT"

okay okay, enough. Team actually plays the game and Tampa was the better team.

I'd argue MT and his crew need to fix our PP though because it is beyond disgusting but shifting every single issue with the team to MT is extremely one sided and pointless.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
No incentive to play well in the playoffs because he changed lines 40+ games ago? God, I really hope Galchenyuk isn't as mentally weak as you're portraying him.

Maybe his confidence is shot too...I don't know, me and Alexander haven't talked in a while.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
CEH_ZnJWoAAyDPa.png:large

Oh Waston, you know something isn't right when Chris Lee does a better job at reffing than you. :sarcasm:

Habs lost their cool and it cost them the game. We saw it in 2913 and in game 5 against the Sens last series. When the Habs don't play focused they lose. They finally got a lead and then blew it. At 1-1 starting the second it was anyone's game, the Habs proceed to basically hand the game over to Tampa.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They need to make a coaches challenge so that obvious joke calls can be reversed.

Yeah that would put pressure on the ref to make good call to not look bad.

I think the refs this year were really bad. I don't recall a year with so much inconsistencies.

I wonder if the embellishment rule and black list has not something to do with it. Looks to me like refs are totally lost. Like i wont give a 2 this guy is on the embellishment black list. Hey i'll give a 2 this guy ain't on the list. The rules should be the same for everyone the concept of a black list for anything is beyond stupid.

HabsDieHard*

It's excuses for our team. Constant excuses. "Galchenyuk would be a superstar if not for MT!" "Pacioretty would be a 50 goal scorer if not for MT!" "Subban would be a prodigy if not for MT"

okay okay, enough. Team actually plays the game and Tampa was the better team.

I'd argue MT and his crew need to fix our PP though because it is beyond disgusting but shifting every single issue with the team to MT is extremely one sided and pointless.

Is this the part where we question the heart of guys like Gallagher and Plekanec and Galchenyuk to do anything to avoid blaming Therrien for their inept offensive play?

:laugh:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Oh Waston, you know something isn't right when Chris Lee does a better job at reffing than you. :sarcasm:

Habs lost their cool and it cost them the game. We saw it in 2913 and in game 5 against the Sens last series. When the Habs don't play focused they lose. They finally got a lead and then blew it. At 1-1 starting the second it was anyone's game, the Habs proceed to basically hand the game over to Tampa.

They've scored 1st twice in the playoffs. 5-1 and 6-2 losses. Perhaps it's best they don't score first lol.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It would be refreshing if Therrien would not throw everyone else but himself under the bus just for once. He is not a good coach and he knows it but he is great at passing the blame, he did it in Pittsburgh and he had a great roster there but he got canned.

He has a roster that is not suited to the grinding style that he employs. He is stubborn and either unwilling or unable to adapt in game to changing situations. He has the worlds best goalie, he has a norris trophy winner and a top 5 sniper in the league and a great cast of speedy forwards and he is coaching them down the toilet. He cannot rescue the pp and it is a detriment to our chances of winning instead of an oppotunity to jump ahead.

We will go nowhere with him no matter what roster changes MB makes and it's sad really that he was chosen merely because of his mother tongue instead of his ability. The hockey world is a business and we all know that but in some ways when you see the moves we have made with personnel it appears that Le Bleu Blanc et Rouge is more about business and money than the great hockey mecca of a franchise than it once was.:shakehead

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He was always a talented player but if he wants to win anything he will not sign here. You can't win with this repulsive offense and Bergevin is only interested in beefing up the third/fourth lines.

Where will he sign? Regardless of how you compare the oilers and the habs, we are still top 8 in the league at this point.

The exaggeration is strong that we're some terrible team.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm on board with you that MB needs a splash to really cement his legacy as our GM. There's no debate there.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I have no pity for Prust. He acted like an idiot tonight. Also, what's his beef with goalie all of a sudden? He did it in the Ottawa series too. He hits them when they go get the puck behind the net. You're not going to draw sympathy from the Refs who are instructed to protect goalies.

That play happened more than once with different Habs players. Both times it was minimal contact by the Hab, and both times Bishop backed into the player to visually enhance the "foul."

I watched the replay several times. I suggest you do as well. Non freakin' issue.

Also love how the CBC panel say Prust shouldn't speak up about what the ref said to him.

Yeah, players should just swallow it when an official admits bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad