Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsDieHard*

Anytime Therrien opens his mouth he comes off sound like a delusional moron.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I know people want to **** on MT which is normal. His system is boring and drains a lot of offensive chances but people need to share some blame with the players. They are not mindless robots. MT doesn't tell them to take penalties, to blow coverage or do anything of that nature.

Fact of the matter is habs didn't want it enough. They let tampa back in the game and instead of continuing to play hard they let tampa keep dictating the play.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
At this point the only satisfaction I get from this team is knowing that we're one loss closer to Therrien leaving.

I live in the Bell Center area, and have for the past 6 years. There is absolutely no buzz this season. In previous seasons you would hear chanting in the streets before and after the games. Cars honking until midnight.

Now they can barely draw 200 people for their fanjam. As a new poster I don't believe that I can post any pics, but I'll describe a bit of research I did these past few days.

1. At 2:00pm this afternoon, StubHub had dozens of seats (pairs and foursomes) in the Blue and Grey section for 44$-66$ dollars per ticket. That's a third of face value.

2. At the same time, I checked the Habs site. As they usually do, a few game day tickets were released. One thing was different than when I checked on Friday: it wasn't just 4-5 pairs that were available in the Desjardins section, but rather huge sections around the stadium. Not only that, but I had no difficulty selecting up to 4 seats next to each other in every section apart from the Family Zone, Coors Light, and Blue section.

3. Usually they stop selling on the Habs site around 2 hours before gametime. For some reason (I'll let you guess why) the ticket hub remained open until 1 hour before game time. Around that time you could no longer reserve seats, yet you could still refresh and see what was left after the last buyers submitted their purchases. I kept the tab open in the background until 6:00pm. A few sections became unavailable, but there were still openings in about a fifth of the sections in the stadium.

I'm going to call it like I see it. They didn't sell out tonight.

Their FanJam is embarrassing.

And you know what? I'm actually happy to see the market reacting this way. The economy is in the dumps, this team has been feeding us the same recipe of hiding behind their goalie and hoping for a fluke goal since the Theodore days, and playoff prices don't reflect the current buying power of the above-average Quebecer.

Wake up Mr. Molson. The Canadian dollar isn't getting any better and nor will your bank account if you don't hold certain people accountable.

Start by getting Therrien out, and we can go from there.

*I took screenshots of the laughable FanJam before the game, along with pictures of the Habs ticket site right before game time - PM if you want to see them. 98% sure they didn't sell out tonight and they're going to sweep it under the rug.

MT system kill fans enthusiasm and momentum game fans participation that can help the team

Plus boring entertaiment make less peoples want to buy ticket

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
LIRL at this incompetent, idiotic buffoon we call a head coach.

We've lost 7 in a row to them and he's there talking about his foolproof gameplan.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Oh come on that is a load of BS, Gallagher runs goalies on a nightly basis and it doesn't get called. The Refs set the tone early and its reality in this day and age that some calls are based on reputation, believe me, I know :cry:

I smell verbal diareaha here. Mt is that you.

If that was the case, the tone you speak of, how does an official watch a goalie take a stick in the nether regions and ignore it.

I guess that tone they set changes on a whim or you are full of crap

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
I have no pity for Prust. He acted like an idiot tonight. Also, what's his beef with goalie all of a sudden? He did it in the Ottawa series too. He hits them when they go get the puck behind the net. You're not going to draw sympathy from the Refs who are instructed to protect goalies.

Player that I dont want to see next year with MT

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
lirl I said that?

When he works hard, he doesn't get rewarded and instead gets demoted back to his regular line...when he doesn't work hard, he sticks to his regular line. Seemed like he had no incentive.

No incentive to play well in the playoffs because he changed lines 40+ games ago? God, I really hope Galchenyuk isn't as mentally weak as you're portraying him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I know people want to **** on MT which is normal. His system is boring and drains a lot of offensive chances but people need to share some blame with the players. They are not mindless robots. MT doesn't tell them to take penalties, to blow coverage or do anything of that nature.

Fact of the matter is habs didn't want it enough. They let tampa back in the game and instead of continuing to play hard they let tampa keep dictating the play.

I don't get why the Habs just stopped playing after Tampa tied the game. It sucked the life out of them for whatever reason.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Do you really think that these consumate professionals who've clawed their way into the NHL "don't want it enough"? Have you played sports?

Is that more likely or is it that their gameplan distracts them and they lose their focus because they've been forced to play a way that doesn't suit them?

The "doesn't want it enough" narrative has been debunked so many times, especially with THIS squad who rarely takes nights off in the regular season. These guys want it really bad - they can't get there with Therrien at the helm.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This Prust and Brad Watson thing is interesting. Watson provoking Prust and then gave him an extra penalty. The guy should be fired if true.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
You're missing the point. If the refs actually said those things, how can you claim to be impartial? Refs are supposed to be impartial.

A lot of things shouldn't be public knowledge. I also have a hard time believing Prust too. His antics were pathetic tonight.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
BSxTkBv.png

Lighten up, folks ;)

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I smell verbal diareaha here. Mt is that you.

If that was the case, the tone you speak of, how does an official watch a goalie take a stick in the nether regions and ignore it.

I guess that tone they set changes on a whim or you are full of crap

Im talking about this game, not last series. Look at the call on Vanek 10 minutes ago, Keith pushes him into Crawford, Crawford jabs him in the face, Vanek get's a penalty for goalie interference, thats the ref saying keep out of the paint and don't touch the goalie or im gonna call it. The officiating is too inconsistent, last game saw Weise fall on top of Bishop when he didn't have to and it went uncalled, had that happened tonight its probably a penalty, refs are the weakest part of the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad