Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
As long as Therrien is the HC of this team, I don't want Bergevin wasting any assets or prospects on this clown.

He will probably turn Scherbak into a third line grinder.

Watching Tampa's powerplay burn us over an over again was the most embarrassed I've felt as a fan in a long time. Incompetent coaching staff couldn't find a solution to an abysmal powerplay after two years. These are clowns behind the bench, not legit coaches.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Don't blame him, the guy does great on the top line with Patches and how does he get rewarded? with a demotion.

MT needs to handle him better next year, no questions asked, or Galchenyuk's development will be stalled.
If he's that sensitive.. he should gtfo.

Demotion? He probably got more minutes with Pleks then Patch.

Awful excuse when he's still getting ice time. He's 4th among forwards in the playoffs. 5th in the season.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I remember the coach saying that he's not worried about our PP after 30 games in the season. We've played 90 games now, it still sucks.

Whoever is in charge of the PP needs to be fired, along with the coach.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
So Galchenyuk's terrible play is perfectly acceptable because he changed lines some 40+ games ago?

lirl I said that?

When he works hard, he doesn't get rewarded and instead gets demoted back to his regular line...when he doesn't work hard, he sticks to his regular line. Seemed like he had no incentive.

void

Jan 5, 2006
At this point the only satisfaction I get from this team is knowing that we're one loss closer to Therrien leaving.

I live in the Bell Center area, and have for the past 6 years. There is absolutely no buzz this season. In previous seasons you would hear chanting in the streets before and after the games. Cars honking until midnight.

Now they can barely draw 200 people for their fanjam. As a new poster I don't believe that I can post any pics, but I'll describe a bit of research I did these past few days.

1. At 2:00pm this afternoon, StubHub had dozens of seats (pairs and foursomes) in the Blue and Grey section for 44$-66$ dollars per ticket. That's a third of face value.

2. At the same time, I checked the Habs site. As they usually do, a few game day tickets were released. One thing was different than when I checked on Friday: it wasn't just 4-5 pairs that were available in the Desjardins section, but rather huge sections around the stadium. Not only that, but I had no difficulty selecting up to 4 seats next to each other in every section apart from the Family Zone, Coors Light, and Blue section.

3. Usually they stop selling on the Habs site around 2 hours before gametime. For some reason (I'll let you guess why) the ticket hub remained open until 1 hour before game time. Around that time you could no longer reserve seats, yet you could still refresh and see what was left after the last buyers submitted their purchases. I kept the tab open in the background until 6:00pm. A few sections became unavailable, but there were still openings in about a fifth of the sections in the stadium.

I'm going to call it like I see it. They didn't sell out tonight.

Their FanJam is embarrassing.

And you know what? I'm actually happy to see the market reacting this way. The economy is in the dumps, this team has been feeding us the same recipe of hiding behind their goalie and hoping for a fluke goal since the Theodore days, and playoff prices don't reflect the current buying power of the above-average Quebecer.

Wake up Mr. Molson. The Canadian dollar isn't getting any better and nor will your bank account if you don't hold certain people accountable.

Start by getting Therrien out, and we can go from there.

*I took screenshots of the laughable FanJam before the game, along with pictures of the Habs ticket site right before game time - PM if you want to see them. 98% sure they didn't sell out tonight and they're going to sweep it under the rug.

Great post.

HabsDieHard*

2 power plays early in the 2nd and the Habs had a chance to reclaim the lead.

Don't think they even got a scoring chance.

The Therrien apologists are going to be real quiet for the next couple of days.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Don't count this team out. Now the pressure is on TB. That goal at the end of the first was critical and one Jesus price usually stops.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Which was soft as ****. It was a battle in front of the net like we see every shift, yet Subban gets called.

I dont disagree.

I'm just saying that the Prust double minor wasnt detrimental to the momentum of the Habs in the first.

Regardless, Bishop is so far in the depths of the Habs players heads that I am not sure they can recover from it. I hope they can. But.....

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Ah so the team sucks with the coaching and that's okay.. but DD doesn't get that treatment.

"OMG DD gets 1st PP time".... Yeah, to screen the ****ing goalie for some reason.
"OMG DD gets Patch" .... Yeah usually with another 2nd liner like him, or worse a 3rd or 4th liner!

This team is awfully coached. Plekanec. Pacioretty. Desharnais. Galchenyuk. Parenteau... hmmm, think we're going to chip and chase...???.What???

That's a terrible top 6. What's the alternative to chip and chase? There is no one in this group capable of entering the zone with speed and possession. Plekanec at times. Maybe Galchenyuk in the future. If we had a Datsyuk type, then maybe. I just think it is a joke when people point to our roster and complain that we don't play a more offensive style. WE SUCK OFFENSIVELY AND IT'S NOT JUST THE COACH!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I dont disagree.

I'm just saying that the Prust double minor wasnt detrimental to the momentum of the Habs in the first.

Regardless, Bishop is so far in the depths of the Habs players heads that I am not sure they can recover from it. I hope they can. But.....

The double minor was a sham. The only time you see a ref give the extra 2 is when a player embarrasses them in front of everyone. That didn't happen. Prust talked to him on the way to the box and got an extra 2.

It's a joke. That never happens.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
You not going to score each time on the pp mt? Really ? How about more than once on 20something chances. Just gtfo

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Here we go...."We got away from DA GAME PLAN".....:laugh:

IS THIS GUY SERIOUS ********!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad