Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can't give any goalie credit besides your own I guess. I guess Bishop has been lucky the Habs have been flat all series huh? LMAO

Combination of the team not being good and the goalie making timely saves.

We have been giving other goalies credit for the past 20 years. Enough is enough. Winners don't give credit to anyone but themselves.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Prust should shut his mouth

His 4 minute PP cost us the game.

Ugh he is a terrible player.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I have no pity for Prust. He acted like an idiot tonight. Also, what's his beef with goalie all of a sudden? He did it in the Ottawa series too. He hits them when they go get the puck behind the net. You're not going to draw sympathy from the Refs who are instructed to protect goalies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Galchenyuk really mailed his season in the last 15 or so regular season games and the playoffs. Very disappointed in him.

Don't blame him, the guy does great on the top line with Patches and how does he get rewarded? with a demotion.

MT needs to handle him better next year, no questions asked, or Galchenyuk's development will be stalled.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Another thing that makes it harder cheering this. The players are actually delusional.

Give him a break. It was a tough loss and they immediately put a microphone in his face. I'm sure he's not 'happy' and if he could select his words in retrospect I'm sure he would say something like "We're confident with this group" rather than "We're happy with our game". Big deal, he didn't select the correct cliche. Who cares?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
At this point the only satisfaction I get from this team is knowing that we're one loss closer to Therrien leaving.

I live in the Bell Center area, and have for the past 6 years. There is absolutely no buzz this season. In previous seasons you would hear chanting in the streets before and after the games. Cars honking until midnight.

Now they can barely draw 200 people for their fanjam. As a new poster I don't believe that I can post any pics, but I'll describe a bit of research I did these past few days.

1. At 2:00pm this afternoon, StubHub had dozens of seats (pairs and foursomes) in the Blue and Grey section for 44$-66$ dollars per ticket. That's a third of face value.

2. At the same time, I checked the Habs site. As they usually do, a few game day tickets were released. One thing was different than when I checked on Friday: it wasn't just 4-5 pairs that were available in the Desjardins section, but rather huge sections around the stadium. Not only that, but I had no difficulty selecting up to 4 seats next to each other in every section apart from the Family Zone, Coors Light, and Blue section.

3. Usually they stop selling on the Habs site around 2 hours before gametime. For some reason (I'll let you guess why) the ticket hub remained open until 1 hour before game time. Around that time you could no longer reserve seats, yet you could still refresh and see what was left after the last buyers submitted their purchases. I kept the tab open in the background until 6:00pm. A few sections became unavailable, but there were still openings in about a fifth of the sections in the stadium.

I'm going to call it like I see it. They didn't sell out tonight.

Their FanJam is embarrassing.

And you know what? I'm actually happy to see the market reacting this way. The economy is in the dumps, this team has been feeding us the same recipe of hiding behind their goalie and hoping for a fluke goal since the Theodore days, and playoff prices don't reflect the current buying power of the above-average Quebecer.

Wake up Mr. Molson. The Canadian dollar isn't getting any better and nor will your bank account if you don't hold certain people accountable.

Start by getting Therrien out, and we can go from there.

*I took screenshots of the laughable FanJam before the game, along with pictures of the Habs ticket site right before game time - PM if you want to see them. 98% sure they didn't sell out tonight and they're going to sweep it under the rug.

Best post I ever read on here!!

Nynja*

Oh boy, here we go. Fine for Prust for sure, and now the refs are really going to be after Montreal.

Terrific.

This is exactly what happened to Tampa last year vs. us. Let the refs get in their head and completely take them off kilter. They got swept, and it feels the awful same for us.

Not necessarily
Burrows called out Auger, and Auger is out of a job now, and Burrows didnt even get fined.

Defend The Price

Mar 2, 2015
Montreal
Be a bit more honest? Not say they felt good with how they were blown out?

No MT would not bench him. We're not talking about Flynn/Gonchar/Malhotra, it's Subban. There'd be a huge uproar if they benched Subban, especially in the playoffs.

Well it's MT, expect the unexpected.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Petry run fast and run far, you don't want to be signing with this garbage fire of a team. You saw **** management in Edmonton and this isn't much better.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Prust should shut his mouth

His 4 minute PP cost us the game.

Ugh he is a terrible player.

No, the Bolts didnt score on that set of PP. It actually gave the Habs momentum to kill a 4 minute penalty.

The following penalty immediately afterward before the end of the period was deflating.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not necessarily
Burrows called out Auger, and Auger is out of a job now, and Burrows didnt even get fined.

Well, they have a guy sitting in the box that works for the NHL I think. Or does he work for the team? I'm not sure. Either way, he heard whatever happened.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
He mailed it after he was put back at wing. But some people still believe he asked for it. It's a nice story though.

I actually heard them say more than once on TSN Radio that he said "I don't want to be at centre cos I have to play in my own end, I want to be on the wing"

When I heard that I was like uhhh what the?

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Prust was an idiot but still cant condone what the official did if true.

However the nhl is gutless and dont hold officials accountable for anything.

officials were looking for mtl to do things and not what was happening.

Prust does what Morrow did to Price, it would have been called.

Yzerman did a good job cozing up to league officials

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I still believe in this team minus DD.

But we have to start with a coaching change.
Ah so the team sucks with the coaching and that's okay.. but DD doesn't get that treatment.

"OMG DD gets 1st PP time".... Yeah, to screen the ****ing goalie for some reason.
"OMG DD gets Patch" .... Yeah usually with another 2nd liner like him, or worse a 3rd or 4th liner!

This team is awfully coached. Plekanec. Pacioretty. Desharnais. Galchenyuk. Parenteau... hmmm, think we're going to chip and chase...???.What???

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
No, the Bolts didnt score on that set of PP. It actually gave the Habs momentum to kill a 4 minute penalty.

The following penalty immediately afterward before the end of the period was deflating.

Which was soft as ****. It was a battle in front of the net like we see every shift, yet Subban gets called.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Don't blame him, the guy does great on the top line with Patches and how does he get rewarded? with a demotion.

MT needs to handle him better next year, no questions asked, or Galchenyuk's development will be stalled.

So Galchenyuk's terrible play is perfectly acceptable because he changed lines some 40+ games ago?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I have no pity for Prust. He acted like an idiot tonight. Also, what's his beef with goalie all of a sudden? He did it in the Ottawa series too. He hits them when they go get the puck behind the net. You're not going to draw sympathy from the Refs who are instructed to protect goalies.

The 4 minutes penalty was ridiculous. I have never seen a ref call an extra 2 minutes on some pushing. This is hockey FFS. So I don't blame him for that. Those things happens in EVERY games.

Do you really have a problem Prust giving a small bump with 2 minutes in a 6-2 games? Bishop was diving all over the ice tonight. He seems to be injured at least 10 times in the last two games. If there was one moment Prust could show his frustration against Bishop was that time. He fought his one fight against a way bigger guy.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007

I hate the way MT and next year sounds. Another year of this idiot. Fantastic. What a disaster hiring this guy was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad