Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs8517

Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Talent and skill is number 1 to the players and coaching staff. Character is useless without talent and skill. The Habs seems to just love that kind of players.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Showing some honesty and calling out your team's awfulness is a good start...be a leader, not a pawn.

He'd get roasted and labelled as selfish, immature, trying to stand out from the group, particularly by the French media.

Interesting to hear Pacioretty's quotes.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
im tempering expectations until therrien is gone. Hope for a win, realize this team has a 1 percent chance of winning a cup with this idiot behind the bench

He refuses to develop youngsters. Garbage developmental coach.

Add a gm who lacks balls. keep prospects away from the big club. Please.

LaFloater

Jan 23, 2014
Burlington
TB will never win the cup because any coach with even an iota of intelligence will be able to expose Bishop as the fraud he is. Of course MT is not that coach.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Well the Habs did score 2 goals so that's a positive I suppose. :sarcasm:

both by dmen, 15 goals in 8 games. One PP goal in 8 games. Pretty pathetic. I wonder if anyone from the habs bothered to watch the videos from the Detroit Tampa series to see what Detroit did to win three games?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think it's time for one of those players only, closed doors meeting where they rally behind each other. Or plan a mutiny :naughty:

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
That was so frustrating. We started off so well, first 14 minutes the Habs were the best team on the ice. Even Prusts 4 minute penalty was a great PK. But after that Subbans penalty was another stupid one, TB scores and gets their life back. PAPs bad line change led to Stamkos goal, and after that was just a parade to the penalty box and we were never back into the game. Stupid penalties (and ****ing tons of them) killed our game.

I know TB is in their heads now but if they can play a full game like they started this one in game 3, we'll get the next one.

I know this thread is going to be negative from beginning to end, but if we can get our **** together and play like we can, I still believe Habs will win the series.

1) score a ******** PP goal
2) Just win one ******** game again TP
3) Discipline
4) Always put players in front of Bishop

... but for me the biggest chalenge is MT be able to find a solution

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
about as likely to be true as his support for "DASystem"...

what else do you want him to say after back-to-back home p/o losses?

Nothing.

Nothing at all. Let your game do the speaking. That's leadership.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 1m1 minute ago

#Habs Prust: "We were just flat. Dead flat. Worst game of the playoffs. Bad game."

Lol at people in here making it sound like Bishop came in and stole 2 games in Montreal from a team playing well at home.

Can't give any goalie credit besides your own I guess. I guess Bishop has been lucky the Habs have been flat all series huh? LMAO

Combination of the team not being good and the goalie making timely saves.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Habs again in control mode. That's despicable. More refs stories while they don't show anything.

No excuses my ass. I hope they get that sign out of this locker room.

easports2015*

At this point the only satisfaction I get from this team is knowing that we're one loss closer to Therrien leaving.

I live in the Bell Center area, and have for the past 6 years. There is absolutely no buzz this season. In previous seasons you would hear chanting in the streets before and after the games. Cars honking until midnight.

Now they can barely draw 200 people for their fanjam. As a new poster I don't believe that I can post any pics, but I'll describe a bit of research I did these past few days.

1. At 2:00pm this afternoon, StubHub had dozens of seats (pairs and foursomes) in the Blue and Grey section for 44$-66$ dollars per ticket. That's a third of face value.

2. At the same time, I checked the Habs site. As they usually do, a few game day tickets were released. One thing was different than when I checked on Friday: it wasn't just 4-5 pairs that were available in the Desjardins section, but rather huge sections around the stadium. Not only that, but I had no difficulty selecting up to 4 seats next to each other in every section apart from the Family Zone, Coors Light, and Blue section.

3. Usually they stop selling on the Habs site around 2 hours before gametime. For some reason (I'll let you guess why) the ticket hub remained open until 1 hour before game time. Around that time you could no longer reserve seats, yet you could still refresh and see what was left after the last buyers submitted their purchases. I kept the tab open in the background until 6:00pm. A few sections became unavailable, but there were still openings in about a fifth of the sections in the stadium.

I'm going to call it like I see it. They didn't sell out tonight.

Their FanJam is embarrassing.

And you know what? I'm actually happy to see the market reacting this way. The economy is in the dumps, this team has been feeding us the same recipe of hiding behind their goalie and hoping for a fluke goal since the Theodore days, and playoff prices don't reflect the current buying power of the above-average Quebecer.

Wake up Mr. Molson. The Canadian dollar isn't getting any better and nor will your bank account if you don't hold certain people accountable.

Start by getting Therrien out, and we can go from there.

*I took screenshots of the laughable FanJam before the game, along with pictures of the Habs ticket site right before game time - PM if you want to see them. 98% sure they didn't sell out tonight and they're going to sweep it under the rug.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Oh boy, here we go. Fine for Prust for sure, and now the refs are really going to be after Montreal.

Terrific.

This is exactly what happened to Tampa last year vs. us. Let the refs get in their head and completely take them off kilter. They got swept, and it feels the awful same for us.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Galchenyuk really mailed his season in the last 15 or so regular season games and the playoffs. Very disappointed in him.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
im tempering expectations until therrien is gone. Hope for a win, realize this team has a 1 percent chance of winning a cup with this idiot behind the bench

He refuses to develop youngsters. Garbage developmental coach.

Add a gm who lacks balls. keep prospects away from the big club. Please.

Exactly.

He literally cannot teach offence.

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY
Honestly, what do you want him to say?

"Our game is horrible"? That would mean that the system is not working and no one is going to say that to the media. It would be stupid. MT would bench his ass.
Be a bit more honest? Not say they felt good with how they were blown out?

No MT would not bench him. We're not talking about Flynn/Gonchar/Malhotra, it's Subban. There'd be a huge uproar if they benched Subban, especially in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad