Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Math is simple.

Stammer+Filippula+Killorn+Kucherov+Johnson+Palat > Max+Pleki+Gally+Chucky+Eller+DD

Individual quality of their Top6 is far superior then our, and they proved it during regular season.
Let's hope Bishop will crumble in next games. It's our only hope.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Bergevin is apparently just as stupid as Therrien, so I cannot see any reaosn to expect the king of excuses will be fired any time soon.

What a shame this organization cares more about waht province members of the organization are from than to build the best team possible.

Funny thing is people will talk about how the Habs are still a couple of years away from being contenders, while ignoring the age groups of other cup winning teams...

Valid points, for some reason I don't put as much weight on Bergevin as maybe I should. I'm not sure how involved he is with Therriens decisions.

And yes, I couldn't agree more about the stupid province and language ********. We won't win **** thinking like that. But then again as long as people are filling the bell, Molson doesn't give a damn.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah.. Showing emotion. Showing hating to lose is an embarrassment. I respect him for what he does for this team. I bet he is very respected in the lockeroom and every players appreciate what he does. And you call that pathetic behavior.

Absolutely 'cause when the Bruins do that, we're calling it an embarassment. So the idea is to be consequent and call it an embarassment if it happens to us. Showing emotion? Show it winning the game instead.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Our defense is being misused and other teams are exploiting that...

Goals on ice for:
Senators: 12GF
Gilbert: 3
Emelin: 5

Tampa Bay: 8GF
Gilbert: 6
Emelin: 2

Total thus far: 20GF
Gilbert: 9
Emelin: 7

That is roughly 7 million in cap space tied up to these two players. Add the 4.5 to PAP, the 3.5 to DD,the 5 to Plekanec, the 4.5 to Gonchar, and you have a recipe for disaster. That is roughly 24 million on players who are not performing or under-performing, almost 40% of the salary cap.

I could care less about the regular season. A fifty win season is nice, but I want a Cup. That is all that matters to me. I feel, however, we are so much farther away than our regular season indicates. The top-six is Buffalo-esque and the D is slightly above middle of the road. Price is the ONLY reason we are in this position. Add to that a coaching staff taken from the refuse bin of hockey broadcasting and you have a recipe for playoff disaster. Once the smoke and mirrors are gone we see this team for what it truly is, a bottom-feeder. Shades of 2002.

coleharbrr

Mar 9, 2015
Top 6 needs serious work.
The entire philosophy of the team is wrong. becuase of that they built a team (MB and MT) that is not balanced. It has way too many guys that are checkers....not enough players that are creative offensively. In particular they severely lack depth at centre ice. We actually missed DD today. He goes down with the flu and we have absiolutely no other play making centre to step in and fill his little shoes, as sad as that sounds.

Teams like Tampa bay score with ease because they have players with Offensive skill. We don't. end of story. 100% of our offense comes from D-men. that should tell us something.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
It started out so positive. Then we allowed Chris Lee to take the game over.

For all of the BS I've watched in all of the series, somehow Prust deserved a double-minor for that... it was a ****show from then on.

Chris Lee isn't keeping the puck out of TB's net however. Taking perimeter shots isn't going to work. They have to take it up the gut...

The entire world knows the PP is setup for one thing PK's shot, time for a different strategy.

HabsDieHard*

The Hab fans who paid money to watch that pathetic display tonight deserve a refund.

No, no, no the Habs played well tonight and just ran into a great goalie.

:sarcasm:

Tonight was basically a must win game and they were undisciplined and had absolutely no push back when they fell behind.

Just atrocious.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not a troll. Heard it with my own ears.

Jesus ****ing Christ...if Subban wants to be a leader, he should be one through honesty. The habs were ****ing brutal (including himself) and he needs to own up to it.

Every player tonight should be stripped of the A for the next game...give it to Mitchell, Petry and Price.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
THE ONLY ****ING REASON that I'll accept to hear "transition" in the post season press conference is becaues they are about to move 7-10 players. Only ****ing reason. Everything else makes no sense.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
The entire philosophy of the team is wrong. becuase of that they built a team (MB and MT) that is not balanced. It has way too many guys that are checkers....not enough players that are creative offensively. In particular they severely lack depth at centre ice. We actually missed DD today. He goes down with the flu and we have absiolutely no other play making centre to step in and fill his little shoes, as sad as that sounds.

Teams like Tampa bay score with ease because they have players with Offensive skill. We don't. end of story. 100% of our offense comes from D-men. that should tell us something.

They don't have a replacement because the coach refused to develop one this season. He's a short-term win coach.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Bottom line is he's gone off the rails. How has he helped them team?

Who said it helped the team? At that point of the game, nothing can be done to help the team. Bishop was diving all game long and Prust bumped him. Why is that a pathetic behavior. He responded to what he did by fighting his own fight. I've played hockey before and when my team gets embarrassed like this, I get frustrated. Pretty normal to me.

Defend The Price

Mar 2, 2015
Montreal
Not a chance. He's got at least one more year.

Hence why I said 1 step closer.

Anyway...what kind of coach would rely exclusively on the goalie to win them games. Even an amateur can see that this method is unsustainable. He's going to lose control of the room and honestly, I can't wait for it to happen. I feel horrible saying this as a fan, but I really hope it happens soon.

Detroit played well against Tampa because their transition game was amazing. Crisp passes in and out of their zone. Our game consists of dumping/losing possession of the puck and waste our energy grinding it along the boards. ****ing marvelous.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
It started out so positive. Then we allowed Chris Lee to take the game over.

For all of the BS I've watched in all of the series, somehow Prust deserved a double-minor for that... it was a ****show from then on.

Chris Lee isn't keeping the puck out of TB's net however. Taking perimeter shots isn't going to work. They have to take it up the gut...

The entire world knows the PP is setup for one thing PK's shot, time for a different strategy.

Chris Lee didn't cost the habs this game...indiscipline did.

Habs lost and they deserved the 4 PPG that got scored on them...if they play the same way next game, I hope it happens again until they learn their lesson.

HabsDieHard*

Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 1m1 minute ago

#Habs Prust: "We were just flat. Dead flat. Worst game of the playoffs. Bad game."

Lol at people in here making it sound like Bishop came in and stole 2 games in Montreal from a team playing well at home.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Bishop played well tonight and has played well the entire series. Things could have easily gotten blown up in both games this series but Bishop made big saves when he needed to. But no credit to him of course.

Bishop is a good goalie, but the Habs have made him look so much better. He's a big goalie that takes up a lot of the net. Our straight line skating shot on net is rarely going to score. We need more bodies in front, and more importantly: PUCK MOVEMENT. Get the man moving and opening up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad