GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It's not. Your argument is that Price's confidence will be destroyed because he's not playing after a bad game. My argument is that MT is not sitting him down to send a message, but to give him some much needed rest. It has nothing to do with his performance last game. 90+% of the time the backup and starter will split back to back games, except if the 1st goalie has a shutout or something. If the game was tomorrow then you could compare it to the Rask situation.
I really hope he isn't but we can agree to disagree. Price is playing great this year and as a hockey fan, I want to see him continue to do so and not dip into a funk.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
IIRC, he hasn't lost after letting in 5+ goals the game before.

So he's pretty good when it comes to bouncing back.

Not this year be did in the horrid year with Carbo as coach. Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary loved us that year. Either way, I see a huge bounce back game for Price. You have to think he wants this to prove himself.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Agree to disagree but at least it allows for meaningful conversation. Will be interesting to see him play as I am not that familiar with him.

What are his strengths/weaknesses?

Budaj?

I'd say he's got good reflexes, plays bigger than his frame, can come up with the spectacular saves...on the downside, I guess, he's entirely unpredictable/streaky, often gets beat along the ice.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Was hoping that Price would play this game, but considering he hasn't played B2B this season and the fact he has not looked good in the last few games, I'm not totally upset by this decision.

I expect the Habs to play their boring road style game, like they did when they faced-off against the NYR.

I don't really expect a win in this game anyway, and Price losing 2 in row against top competition would really put the pressure on. If we get a point I'll be happy.

My guess is 3-2 Bruins.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Budaj?

I'd say he's got good reflexes, plays bigger than his frame, can come up with the spectacular saves...on the downside, I guess, he's entirely unpredictable/streaky, often gets beat along the ice.

He plays better than he looks, he has good reaction time. Agreed he plays bigger than his frame, but is a noticable step down from Price in that regard.

His biggest weakness is he gives up rebounds. I have faith in Budaj and he will do his job if the team in front of him does theirs, but the Bruins are probably the worst possible matchup against him, considering how easily they get to the dirty areas.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Should Budaj win, can we start another goalie controversy? :sarcasm:

In any case, I'm happy with Budaj starting this one.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He plays better than he looks, he has good reaction time. Agreed he plays bigger than his frame, but is a noticable step down from Price in that regard.

His biggest weakness is he gives up rebounds. I have faith in Budaj and he will do his job if the team in front of him does theirs, but the Bruins are probably the worst possible matchup against him, considering how easily they get to the dirty areas.

flops a bit.

Budaj?

Thank you!

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

I agree, if the plan was to play Budaj all along he should have played last night. Hopefully it wasnt MT trying to stick it to the pens by playing price (which didnt work) because win or lose last night today is the game that matters for the division lead. We all know he will play price in the second game because he did when the habs played the rangers on the second game of a b2b. Also the bruins have so many games in hand that Montreal has to beat them.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
I'm really not confident with Budaj in the net tonight.. :\

Even if Price gave 7 goals yesterday and that Budaj was really good in his last 2 games.. I'm not confident because Budaj tend to give a lot of rebound, and the Bruins are really good crashing the net and take rebounds.. It will take a big game from our Def corpse to expect a win.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
You gotta think Price isn't in perfect health, he sure looked out of it last night, slow to react and just didn't look right. I don't think it's to punish him or anything, just a regular back to back goalie switch.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Contrary to what many are saying, this shows MT does have confidence in Price because he's not altering his usual back to back plan to makeup for yesterday. He's sticking with his plan and showing that its business as usual. Those that want to stick Price in are the ones actually worried about him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think the Habs were looking ahead to this game which reflects the subpar effort from last night. With that said, they will have to play picture perfect hockey to win tonight because of every team I have watched this year, Boston is the best team in the league, better than Chicago.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Watch out for Seguin. He only needed two shifts to burn us last time. With Julien getting the last change, he could do whatever he wants with that little punk.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Because Price has been the one keeping games close? We actually have a team. Cheer up.

As soon as Budaj lets in a couple of questionable goals all you'll hear in the GDT is MT made a mistake and should've started Price. :nod: When playing the #1 team in your conference and your biggest rival I just prefer playing the teams #1 goalie. I hope Budaj proves me wrong.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I hope Budaj doesn't hit the pipe before the game like Price and Gorges did. Therrien, get your team in order... enough with the bath salts, this is unacceptable for an organization.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Agree to disagree but at least it allows for meaningful conversation. Will be interesting to see him play as I am not that familiar with him.

What are his strengths/weaknesses?
He has no weaknesses. :naughty:

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
I hope this game will be at least half as awesome as Wings-Hawks. Yummy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You gotta think Price isn't in perfect health, he sure looked out of it last night, slow to react and just didn't look right. I don't think it's to punish him or anything, just a regular back to back goalie switch.

I hope Price is OK. I know I am a B's fan but I do like him.

Hope for a good game tonight with no injuries to either team....and a B's win ;)
These games between the B's and Habs are always exciting.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
The Bruins attack generally scores goals by finding the open man on the far side and they score countless goals going cross ice (due to the fact they can get open with their skill) and one timing/getting a great shot off. The only type of goalies who can do that are generally big goalies with great lateral movement. I like Budaj, but he had to held to some pretty inoffensive shots to win. We need Carey for this. I really hope this is due to fatigue since maybe he can't make those cross crease pad saves back to back plus fight through traffic. Anyway, here's wishing Bood-âge (as pronounced by Roy) a great game and a miracle performance from our D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium