GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
.... A team whose no1 goalie gave 7 gaols in the first game?

And he's about to give another weak performance of that nature? So a #1 goalie who everybody believes is top 5, is actually worst than a #2 average backup because he just had a mediocre performance? Sorry, he's not paid to have his games being hand picked and doesn,t need the protection. He's a star? Let him get out of the bad game he just had. Come on....Every competitve goalie with any kind of proud would have been THRILLED to be able to get right back in it and make up for it.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Maybe not a punk but I heard reports that he has/had "attitude" problems. In Habs land, he would have been labeled as a lockerroom cancer.

In Bruins land, he would be as well if it were true.

Good luck tonight, I am hoping for an exciting game tonight reflective of the rivalry.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Back-to-back games and Price conceded 7 goals last night. Even if he won, Budaj was likely getting the start.

Which still would have been a terrible decision. This is Boston we're talking about. Price is paid to play the big games. And tonight is an awfully big one and a statement game as well.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
And he's about to give another weak performance of that nature? So a #1 goalie who everybody believes is top 5, is actually worst than a #2 average backup because he just had a mediocre performance? Sorry, he's not paid to have his games being hand picked and doesn,t need the protection. He's a star? Let him get out of the bad game he just had. Come on....Every competitve goalie with any kind of proud would have been THRILLED to be able to get right back in it and make up for it.

You're making it sound like MT offered Price to start, but he declined because he has no desire to get back out there after his performance last night, or that he is NOT competitive.

Yeah, you have no agenda.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Might be shut out this game...I can't see the Habs scoring many goals after getting 11 goals in their last couple games, a lot of which required some puck luck.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
This goes without saying. Big game tonight.

tumblr_lyh2tileSy1r78zh7o1_500.gif

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
PUNK ? i can't think of one thing he's done to be labeled:shakehead a punk !

Secretly, I covet Seguin and like his play. I called him a punk not because he is one, but because I'm not in a good mood and cannot bring myself to say nice things about any Bruins players these days. (Well, I maybe I just did that. lol)

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
FWIW If Price had the same strain of the flu that I had, I'd be shocked if he had fully recovered when he returned to action. Mind you he's much younger and healthier than I am but I felt the effects of it for about 6 weeks. It was the worst one I've ever had. And Price really hasn't looked like himself since his return, and might still be suffering from some fatigue due to the flu. I did for close to 2 months. Just a thought...

Edit: Would explain why MT went with Budaj tonight, even though it was Boston.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
You're making it sound like MT offered Price to start, but he declined because he has no desire to get back out there after his performance last night, or that he is NOT competitive.

Yeah, you have no agenda.

it wasn't price's decision not to start.

Where do I mention that? I mention at first that's it's a terrible decision....how the heck is that suppose to mean that Price took that decision?

I'm saying that since every competive goalie would have make up for that tough loss yesterday, it means that **** the back to back supposed plan and let him go back in there.

Avro Arrow

May 1, 2010
Sherbrooke/Brampton
As soon as Budaj lets in a couple of questionable goals all you'll hear in the GDT is MT made a mistake and should've started Price. :nod: When playing the #1 team in your conference and your biggest rival I just prefer playing the teams #1 goalie. I hope Budaj proves me wrong.
So let me get this straight, you know better than Therrien? Well, then I guess we should have chosen you as our coach. I mean, it's obvious that Therrien has no idea what he's doing this year. He has had no positive impact at all right?

I'm perfectly happy with ALL of Therrien's choices and to have faith in him means to have faith in Budaj.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Where do I mention that? I mention at first that's it's a terrible decision....how the heck is that suppose to mean that Price took that decision?

I'm saying that since every competive goalie would have make up for that tough loss yesterday, it means that **** the back to back supposed plan and let him go back in there.

Read it again and you tell me with your history of Price hating (going back to his draft), that you wouldn't think your agenda filled posting routine is not coming through here...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
So let me get this straight, you know better than Therrien? Well, then I guess we should have chosen you as our coach. I mean, it's obvious that Therrien has no idea what he's doing this year. He has had no positive impact at all right?

I'm perfectly happy with ALL of Therrien's choices and to have faith in him means to have faith in Budaj.

Resorting to the 'x has the job so don't question them' argument is sad. This is a hockey message board. We discuss, challenge, pick apart and analyze everything.

Avro Arrow

May 1, 2010
Sherbrooke/Brampton
Resorting to the 'x has the job so don't question them' argument is sad. This is a hockey message board. We discuss, challenge, pick apart and analyze everything.
Yes I realise that but I'm reading people here talking like the ship is sinking. People need to have some faith in Therrien because if anything, he has shown us that he deserves it. The man deserves the Jack Adams award and I'm certain that he's gone through all of this in his mind. The last time Price played badly like that he had a stomach flu and it was against Toronto. I'm willing to bet that he's under the weather again. Budaj has impressed me with his wins and I think that despite what everyone is crying about, he's our best chance to win right now.

bdawg1989*

Ez wins for the Habs.

Bruins got like the easiest schedule so far and we dominated them for 55 minutes our first game, if it wasnt for 2 brain farts we would have won.

Habs 6
Bruins 0

MaxPac x2
Gallagher
Gionta
Subban
Galchenyuk

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Maybe not a punk but I heard reports that he has/had "attitude" problems. In Habs land, he would have been labeled as a lockerroom cancer.

Don't know where you heard that. I sit next to the B's bench and can say I highly doubt Tyler has any "attitude " problems. He listens to the coaches and pays attention to his fellow players. He seems well liked by everyone.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Read it again and you tell me with your history of Price hating (going back to his draft), that you wouldn't think your agenda filled posting routine is not coming through here...

You read it again. I don't have to know what I wrote 'cause I'm actualy the one who wrote it so I know EXACTLY what I meant. So let's try again. And don't worry, I'm absolutely not worried and not afraid of my opinions so if that's what I meant, I'd told you so. Which is NOT what I meant. I KNOW it's a Therrien decision. As if I think that Price decline the start because he's afraid...are you serious? YOU clearly have the agenda towards me so have your fun. My point is that I have against the suppose back to back plan. And that we should have used the pride of an athlete to **** that plan up and start him again. How hard is it to understand really.

As far as my history AGAINST Price and going back to the draft well yes....I was shocked and dissapoitned thinking we'd need something else since we had a goalie. Just like....I don't know....5000 other HF fans. I also admitted going overboard with this because of how strongly I felt about it and I was wrong. Can't wait for you to admit how wrong you were in occasions, next time you'll mention it, let me know. Then came Halak and I never hidden the fact that when it was time to take a trade decision, I would have kept Halak and trade Price so that we'd still have a good goalie...and a much better return so that the team might have had the upper hand. We will never know if it would ahve been good or not. Halak is doing good for himself but with the team he's playing in. Price is also a very good goalie as I mentioned it...I don't know...at least 1000 times in the last 2 days but again, I'm the one with the agenda. I'm just still not ready to claim he's franchise or the greatest goalie ever since we have no idea how he'll handle himself in the playoffs. That's all. Bash me for it. Some people in here have so many problems with people of opinions, yet they participate in a hockey board, you sometimes wonder why....'Cause if you're not ready to read people with strong opinions, well you can just read the newspaper with the play-by-play of what happened. Yet, in the end, I didn't like the pick at first (which clearly makes me a Price hater without even knowing Price himself...), I loved Halak and would have prefer to trade Price (which clearly makes me a Price hater, funny though, I thought he'd fetch a greater value, which has to prove I didn't think Price was terrible...) and I thought Price was absolutely awful yesterday (which clearly proves I'm a Price hater, though I'm an extremely big MaxPac fan and yet I've bashed him in some occasions with his dangerous hits and some inconsistencies...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad