GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigems*

It did happen that Price played both games...see Feb.2nd and 3rd. The others were split, yet games were chosen wisely. Budaj always played against the weakest opponent.

Maybe Therrien feels Boston is the weaker opponent. ;)

Pigems*

Which still would have been a terrible decision. This is Boston we're talking about. Price is paid to play the big games. And tonight is an awfully big one and a statement game as well.

Won't it be that much more of a statement when we beat them with Budaj in the net? ;)

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
tuukka-time-o.gif

Is that Julien behind Rask? :laugh:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Don't know where you heard that. I sit next to the B's bench and can say I highly doubt Tyler has any "attitude " problems. He listens to the coaches and pays attention to his fellow players. He seems well liked by everyone.

I think it was last year, when he starts to break out. He started missing numerous team meetings. For a 19 yr old kid, even if hes the best player on the team, he's no bigger than them. Got scratched one ga,e by Julien.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Clearly, when the Bs played at the BC, they were looking for a simple road game. They were not very good, to say the least and benefited from two defensive lapses and our inability to finish.

Tonight the crowd will want the Jack Edwards orgasm version so it'll be interesting to see how MT handles this. Have never gone into a game so pessimistically all season (I really miss Diaz and Bourque!), but hey, anything's possible. Just be smart when it comes to the goon fest.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Tyler has many young ladies as fans. They show up at every game with their "marry me Seguin signs" .

I bet the other players tease him.

Hope for an exciting game. Maybe some Montreal fans will be sitting near us.

Seguin is a terrific player. You guys are lucky to have him.

I was just discussing doing a road trip to Boston for the next Habs game there. We're willing to pay decent money for tickets but I doubt we could get anywhere near your seats! Nice!

Nov 6, 2007
Well, I'm planning on watching this game via GameCentre - I'm gonna see how long I can stand the Bruins broadcast... Jack Edwards is hilarious.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
screenshot20130226at923.png

From Jack Edward's dreams (no shop).

?

He wants a retirement plan from TD with the specifics in French and an online tool to calculate his savings?

Does this have something to do with TD Banknorth Gardens?

(kidding...I'm guessing problem with IMG)

edit: just noticed that it's two guys. not sure if that was the "joke" and if it's actually the right picture.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Clearly, when the Bs played at the BC, they were looking for a simple road game. They were not very good, to say the least and benefited from two defensive lapses and our inability to finish.

Tonight the crowd will want the Jack Edwards orgasm version so it'll be interesting to see how MT handles this. Have never gone into a game so pessimistically all season (I really miss Diaz and Bourque!), but hey, anything's possible. Just be smart when it comes to the goon fest.

I'll repeat what I've said before: Boston isn't really a 'goon' team. Playing tough isn't the same as gooning it up. Their worst offenders are Lucic, who's most likely to engage in stupid stuff, and Marchand, who's the only Bruin I'd call dirty. The rest of the roster is tough and solid, but mostly clean. Which is why, beyond the fan rivalry, we rarely have on-ice issues with Boston. The exceptions do NOT prove the rule.

Toronto has become much closer to a team with a goon mentality, with players who are drunk with a false sense of power. Aside from the professional goon, Orr, even their captain, Phaneuf, was acting like a dirty, reckless goon last week. They wanted to send us a message. Well, they did - just not the one they wanted.

By comparison, Bruins are squeaky clean and much more skilled.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
?

He wants a retirement plan from TD with the specifics in French and an online tool to calculate his savings?

Does this have something to do with TD Banknorth Gardens?

(kidding...I'm guessing problem with IMG)

edit: just noticed that it's two guys. not sure if that was the "joke" and if it's actually the right picture.

Saw it on RDS, had to double take.

Not sure if it was an ad directed at me or what, if so, their mistake.

Maybe it was those Madonna videos I was watching that one day :laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well, I'm planning on watching this game via GameCentre - I'm gonna see how long I can stand the Bruins broadcast... Jack Edwards is hilarious.

Edwards can be a really good, really objective broadcaster 90% of the time. But then it's like he has a mini-stroke and starts rambling about nonsense or laughing inappropriately.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'll repeat what I've said before: Boston isn't really a 'goon' team. Playing tough isn't the same as gooning it up. Their worst offenders are Lucic, who's most likely to engage in stupid stuff, and Marchand, who's the only Bruin I'd call dirty. The rest of the roster is tough and solid, but mostly clean. Which is why, beyond the fan rivalry, we rarely have on-ice issues with Boston. The exceptions do NOT prove the rule.

Toronto has become much closer to a team with a goon mentality, with players who are drunk with a false sense of power. Aside from the professional goon, Orr, even their captain, Phaneuf, was acting like a dirty, reckless goon last week. They wanted to send us a message. Well, they did - just not the one they wanted.

By comparison, Bruins are squeaky clean and much more skilled.

As I said, they didn't goon it up in Montreal because that's not really the way they need to play to win, BUT my point about this being in Boston changes that. Their fans are bloodthirsty and it does change the way they come at us. This could be something to take advantage of. We'll see how it plays out. My bet is that they'll try something goonish to see where it gets them.

We need goals. Early and lots.

BTW, totally agree about toronto

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
an oil fan posted this in our trade rumor thread

@Bob_Stauffer: Former Oiler, Scott Mellanby, now Director of Player Personnel for Montreal: at 2nd straight Oilers game..start the rumours..lol!

interesting. Mellanby doesn't usually make the rounds unless something is up

Pakiman740

Feb 22, 2013
Penalty Box
Sorry but that's a stupid decision to go with Budaj. Totally stupid. Budaj is there to help Price against weaker teams. You don't start a goalie controversy. And you don't attack what could be an already fragile frame of mind from Price after that game last night. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I think montreal is nowhere near a goalie controversy, gosh with the confidence in this thread if i was budaj i'd ask patrick roy for assistance :sarcasm:

Pakiman740

Feb 22, 2013
Penalty Box
Edwards can be a really good, really objective broadcaster 90% of the time. But then it's like he has a mini-stroke and starts rambling about nonsense or laughing inappropriately.

as a bruins fan i agree he is a major homa', but still if montreal announcers did the same, i may actually watch a few habs game :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad