GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
As I said, they didn't goon it up in Montreal because that's not really the way they need to play to win, BUT my point about this being in Boston changes that. Their fans are bloodthirsty and it does change the way they come at us. This could be something to take advantage of. We'll see how it plays out. My bet is that they'll try something goonish to see where it gets them.

We need goals. Early and lots.

BTW, totally agree about toronto

Yeah, I admit I don't get their fans. I love their board because they've got some terrific writers who are very sharp and reasonable. But then... there's the zombie contingent that always shows up, screaming about smashing and hitting and destroying, thumbing their way through the thesaurus in search of angry words. Maybe it's just the under-20 crowd, I really don't know. Their faux-hate is funny and a little disturbing.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
so B's goon it up. so what? White fights McQuaid and Prust fights Thornton.
and moen and cube are still there.
team needs to play tight D and aggressive transitional hockey - and have some pride after last night. That's it.
We already played Toronto three times in excessively dirty games and save Bourque (who i think was concussed by Orr) did ok

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'm not upset with MT for starting Budaj because:

a) Price could be tired and we don't need a fatigued Price to get lit up in Boston
b) He wants to give Boods the vote of confidence, so far he's earned it
c) Carey is mature, maybe he needs a day or two to calm down mentally and physically since we're on a road trip. He can handle not playing.
d) Perhaps it forces the D to tighten up more knowing that, although they trust Boods, they know they don't have a 3rd D-man.

Could be any number of reasons. I'm not upset that Price isn't starting for organizational reasons, rather I'm disappointed that he can't start for whatever completely normal reason. Boston's forecheck will be deadly without Price being able to handle the puck better than some of our D.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Yeah, I admit I don't get their fans. I love their board because they've got some terrific writers who are very sharp and reasonable. But then... there's the zombie contingent that always shows up, screaming about smashing and hitting and destroying, thumbing their way through the thesaurus in search of angry words. Maybe it's just the under-20 crowd, I really don't know. Their faux-hate is funny and a little disturbing.

And my point was really about this specific game, i.e., the Habs playing IN Boston. Their fans like nothing more than to goon against us. Whether Julien chooses to give into that, we'll see, but the desire from the fanbase is at its peak against us and if they open up a good lead, I can see them taking liberties. Why wouldn't they? What about them has changed? Have they gone through the Matt Cooke reform school (you know, cuz he's totally a changed guy:sarcasm:)?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Moen has his chance to play deputy to Prust tonight. I hope he shows up

Moen was pretty good last game, I thought.

Do you guys want them to engage in fights, or do you just want them to maintain the level of physicality? (I guess it really is only the first option.)

I'm expecting some big hits from Emelin. He'll "poke the bear". Then Moen and Prust will have to go. Armstrong possibly even though that would not be pretty. Oh right, and White! Him and Boychuk rematch would be ok.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Any have a feed please? Survived last night and this morning... Having a Pens fan for a wife can pay off LOL. Thanks again.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia
a win would mean 4 pts above 5th. Boston are having a busy march, maybe there will be injuries and struggle but staying above 5th is nice.

Pakiman740

Feb 22, 2013
Penalty Box
And my point was really about this specific game, i.e., the Habs playing IN Boston. Their fans like nothing more than to goon against us. Whether Julien chooses to give into that, we'll see, but the desire from the fanbase is at its peak against us and if they open up a good lead, I can see them taking liberties. Why wouldn't they? What about them has changed? Have they gone through the Matt Cooke reform school (you know, cuz he's totally a changed guy:sarcasm:)?

Sour Grapes eh? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv0FWFbOHSM

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
an oil fan posted this in our trade rumor thread

@Bob_Stauffer: Former Oiler, Scott Mellanby, now Director of Player Personnel for Montreal: at 2nd straight Oilers game..start the rumours..lol!

interesting. Mellanby doesn't usually make the rounds unless something is up

has ryan whitney been playing/showcase? perhaps we're interested, big 6'4 D, while mobility to replace diaz.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
an oil fan posted this in our trade rumor thread

@Bob_Stauffer: Former Oiler, Scott Mellanby, now Director of Player Personnel for Montreal: at 2nd straight Oilers game..start the rumours..lol!

interesting. Mellanby doesn't usually make the rounds unless something is up

what do you think? trade?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

A lot of years of frustration will do that. We used to own them inside out. See, it's fairly new for us to see them that dominating compared to us and yet....I see a whole lot of people who would solely be satisfied with getting a goon for our team to KO Lucic. It would be our own moral victory, something which we laugh at some of the Bruins fans for the exact same reason. That's what rivalries does I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad