Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CAR] Lightning trade 2025 3rd for Jake Guentzel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Where are you seeing this?
Second hand source from Frank Seravelli.

It said 9-9.25 X 7.

If he goes 5 games without a point, this fanbase is going to light his ass up. He's going to immediately have "we replaced Stamkos with him" vibes looming overhead.

I like the player and that's realistic tbh, but still steep. Makes Hagel's contract look even better.

We will have roughly 7-7.5 M left and need to resign Moser. Can't see Stamkos coming back if you're trying to bring in 1-2 bottom.six guys unless Sheary is heading out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It’s JBB lol 😂 it’s not gonna be under 9
....how many contracts has he given above 9? One?

Last 3 scoring finishes amongst forwards:
28th (2024)
48th (2023)
23rd (2022)

I think somewhere in the 30s or early 40s is fair given position.
Gotta be 15 defenseman ahead of him. I'd say high 50s, 60ish. 30s if it's only forwards. He will be the 3rd best forward on our team. Most teams would have one better.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
....how many contracts has he given above 9? One?

Gotta be 15 defenseman ahead of him. I'd say high 50s, 60ish. 30s if it's only forwards. He will be the 3rd best forward on our team. Most teams would have one better.
Point and vasy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Point and vasy
Wasn't Vasy an Yzerman contract?

Either way, it's not like he can be accused of handing out gigantic contracts when he's never done double digits in his tenure, and our best guys make 9.5.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Would love to see us go after Zucker. One of the few guys who can play top 6 that we could afford. Heinen is another, but he's probably going to be more expensive. Also, Brett Leason would be a sneaky pickup for the 3rd line if he can continue his upward trend from Anaheim.

Guentzel - Point - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - Zucker
Eyssimont - Paul - Leason
Sheary - Glendening - Chaffee

Hedman - McD
Raddysh - Cernak
Moser - Lilleberg

• Haha
Reactions: Meuracas

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we lose Stamkos, i again wonder if we will go after Bertuzzi. I mean Guentzel+Stamkos > Guentzel+Bertuzzi, but since Stamkos has apparently had sex with JBB's wife, and is being banished for it, how can we do better?

Hagel-Point-Kucherov
Guentzel-Cirelli-Bertuzzi

I mean... it's not the best top6 in the league, but I think it's contender quality. Of course the bottom six and defense still aren't.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
If we lose Stamkos, i again wonder if we will go after Bertuzzi. I mean Guentzel+Stamkos > Guentzel+Bertuzzi, but since Stamkos has apparently had sex with JBB's wife, and is being banished for it, how can we do better?

Hagel-Point-Kucherov

I mean... it's not the best top6 in the league, but I think it's contender quality. Of course the bottom six and defense still aren't.
Bert apparently trying to stay in Toronto. I wanted on year of Kane. But that isn't happening.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Hagel-Point-Kucherov

Lol. Forreal. We'd have over 7M to fill a top 6 spot and at minimum another bottom 6 opening.

Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bertuzzi would be a great fit on that second line.
I just like the way he plays. Speed.+ grit, and some skill. Rumor has it he's going to Chicago. Probably a boatload of money to help them get to the floor.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
This is either going to be awesome or holy hell. This guy is about to be paid close to what one of the top 3 forwards in the league makes.
He is the real deal, this is no Jeanute (sp?) can he build player. The guy is a legit 1st line player on the level of Point and Stamkos. No issue with this deal, this is the type of talent move we need. Key is can we get Stamkos to take a longer term cap friendly deal over a shorter term money heavy? TB will give him more term than anyone else, can the numbers work? But keep in mind, even Gretzky and Messier left...

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Guentzel is a fantastic signing. He will be perfect with Kucherov.

We need someone "cheap" for the 2nd line, even if it doesn't turn out good. My bet is:

Max Pacioretty

Jake DeBrusk and Sprong (I think they would be more expensive)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad