Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner re-signs. 8 years, $9M AAV

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
If you don't see this as an obvious step that they're going to be making moves, I don't know what I can possibly say to convince you otherwise.
It really does appear that way but If Adams fails to bring in solid free agents or players via trade this offseason, he should be fired before the season begins.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
This is only a good idea depending what players we trade for or get in FA. I did want to see Skinner under Ruff but if RBA didn't want to coach him Lindy probably felt the same way.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
We have some scoring options and I'm optimistic that Adams will add some good players to the top 9.
My biggest fear is he grabs a 4th line C, and moves Krebs up. I'd really like to see Krebs on the 4th line between two guys who will battle like rabid dogs and put players through the glass. Jeannot and Carrier would be my top choices. I think that'd unlock more of his ratness. It helps to be a rat when the two players on your line can knock heads.

And a 3rd line C who is a proven commodity. Too much on the line this year.

Reactions: Fjordy

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If you don't see this as an obvious step that they're going to be making moves, I don't know what I can possibly say to convince you otherwise.
They’re incompetent. Saying this is to become serious about contending is laughable at this point.

I don’t know how fans continue to do it. Year after year.

Reactions: sabremike

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
What time exactly does the buyout window open? I want to be ready to slam my F5 key over and over once it does.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Noon officially. Alright let's roll. Sign or trade for a 3C or 3W at about 4.5m for two years. This ensures you are directly using the cap savings and aren't tied to a contract with the big cap hit year 3. You can work with about 6 million for a second forward this offseason. Doesn't matter to me which position has the cap hit or the term, one just needs to be two years.

They will retain about 10m in free space to fill out the 4th line and depth. This assumes Krebs Joker and 6k have new contracts with the team. Year 3 the two-year signing has expired to coincide with the large cap hit year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad