Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner re-signs. 8 years, $9M AAV, Bought Out 6/29/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
On the topic of goaltending, I'm not sure I'm overly comfortable with Levi as the back up officially going into next season. Ya he has blossomed well in the minors, but I don't want another situation of say, something happens to UPL (knock on wood) & we're in the same position looking for another quality guy come part way through the season.

Sign a veteran back up imho.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So, it isn't about being curious and it's about being a pessimistic "I told you so". Got it.
Not at all. There’s literally no point in being a told you so.

I don’t think they will acquire anything good with the cap space created. My reasoning is Adams’ track record. Adams is not a serious GM. In way over his head.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
On the topic of goaltending, I'm not sure I'm overly comfortable with Levi as the back up officially going into next season. Ya he has blossomed well in the minors, but I don't want another situation of say, something happens to UPL (knock on wood) & we're in the same position looking for another quality guy come part way through the season.

Sign a veteran back up imho.
Yeah, I don’t get the downside of Levi having a little more time in Roch while UPL has a vet backup and gets more comfortable as the starter. It seems obvious.

Reactions: VaporTrail and Club

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Yeah, I don’t get the downside of Levi having a little more time in Roch while UPL has a vet backup and gets more comfortable as the starter. It seems obvious.
You don't see the downside? Have you seen expected solid backup Comrie? Levi seems to be able to win games. Even if he doesn't play great the team does well in front of him.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Also, development matters. Levi needs games.
He will have games in the NHL.? Lindy already said in an interview that now is a different time and it seems he is not going to bet on UPL, that he will play 60-70 games.

While I agree we need another experienced goalie, I'm not sure it will be a full NHL backup, but more likely number three.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The best thing about the Skinner buyout discourse is that it’s like 95% “I don’t want to carry that cap penalty for three extra years” or “they better spend the money or this is just a Pegula cap saving move again”

You know what is almost never said? “We’re losing a good player” or “how are we going to replace him?”

To me this remains a lot about putting their money where their mouths are in wanting to be harder to play against. Because Skinner has no place in that. He’s downright terrible when off the top line…and this isn’t a serious team if you continue to allow him to float around the top line.

Lindy isn’t going to play him there. He can’t play anywhere else. As the veteran on the team loved in the room…young guys looking up to their highest paid, most veteran forward and how he does (and doesn’t) play is a negative to me.

As far as I’m concerned…New goal song just dropped

Last edited:

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
He will have games in the NHL.? Lindy already said in an interview that now is a different time and it seems he is not going to bet on UPL, that he will play 60-70 games.

While I agree we need another experienced goalie, I'm not sure it will be a full NHL backup, but more likely number three.
Ok… I didn’t say Levi would get zero games in the NHL if he was the backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad