Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
In fairness, so far “the last guy’s” record was better. Maybe Hughes will catch up if there is another Covid pandemic.
What did you expect Hughes to do with the mess he inherited from Bergevin? Also, what a stupid thing to say that Hughes might catch up if there is another COVID pandemic. Don't bother replying to me with dumb crap like that.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Rebuild has been decent but we haven't hit homeruns on all our trades yet (I'm not convinced on Newhook) and our drafting has been meh.

I thought Hughes wanted the team to be top in every facet, how he can look at our scouting staff in comparison to other teams and be happy is beyond me.
Well he came in and made changes, so the how can he judge those changes after only 2 years?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Hold your horses, not so fast! Did you even hear what Monahan had to say?

UrrKWtx.jpg

Well Sean, I don't know about "decent" but you can certainly find a Shitfilet ...

HFvN9ja.png

wugF9vF.gif

Also, we need a better pick so no hard feelings. :sarcasm:

71h12vZ.gif

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Well he came in and made changes, so the how can he judge those changes after only 2 years?
He might have changed the scouting directors but the scouts are mostly still the same as with former management. Some sort of due diligence on indivudual scouts picks should have been glossed over for a performance evaluation. I would be surprised if he wasn't worried if he had seen how many failed picks we have.

But it could have been assumed that the picks failed solely due to development and not drafting, which I disagree with.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Kotkaniemi would've been a decent mid-round pick, but given how much better Tkachuk is feels like salt in the wound. And you obviously know Caufield was a much better 1st round pick.
indeed, i meant up until that time. my bad for not being more clear!

4th in gp, 7th in reg season pts, 1st in PO gp and PO pts... i'm not sure how any legit argument holds up that he's not still a clear top 10 from that year at this point.

the "salt in the wounds" is an understandable emotional response, exacerbated by the ugly split (thanks MB)... but the examples I shared, especially Juulsen over Aho & Lernout over Point (fair to argue that Point falling to the 3rd made him a non-factor in the 1st, but lernout was a few picks earlier) are way bigger misses if we're talking what we got vs what was right there on the board.

the emotional narratives around JKO heavily bias many posters takes on him, reality is that he remains a very quality young player who has had one of the better careers from his draft class thus far.

Reactions: Lshap

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
He might have changed the scouting directors but the scouts are mostly still the same as with former management. Some sort of due diligence on indivudual scouts picks should have been glossed over for a performance evaluation. I would be surprised if he wasn't worried if he had seen how many failed picks we have.

But it could have been assumed that the picks failed solely due to development and not drafting, which I disagree with.
There was a Bobrov interview a few months ago where he mentioned that they don't just evaluate a scout's performance based on who they draft but also on the reports they make for players they don't end up drafting.

So they aren't just attributing past failed picks as poor development, which we know was happening, they are looking at the whole picture which we as fans don't have access too.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Anyone been banned for taking a victory lap on the main board yet? I've been out and about or I'd have an answer on my behalf by now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Fan base - We'll never get a 1st round pick for Monahan.

Habs get a 1st for Monahan.

Fan Base - But it's a late pick, so it sucks.

Geezus, people
Same fan base you’re talking about were losing their shit a few years ago when we didn't trade 4th liners for a 5th round pick…bad asset management they said

Reactions: Runner77

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone been banned for taking a victory lap on the main board yet? I've been out and about or I'd have an answer on my behalf by now.
Not me, sorry.

But I will add that the new ammo of, Hugo will draft busts anyways per their track record, is cracking me up.

I mean they’re only approaching their 3rd draft, but I guess the book is out on this regime?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
A few Habs fans did the "I told you so" routine, but most of us sat back and watched the naysayers willingly eat crow on this one.

Depending what we ultimately get for this 1st round pick, Monahan could be the shortest serving Hab to have his number retired. What a legend!

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
A few Habs fans did the "I told you so" routine, but most of us sat back and watched the naysayers willingly eat crow on this one.

Depending what we ultimately get for this 1st round pick, Monahan could be the shortest serving Hab to have his number retired. What a legend!
I think he could use another half season in a Montreal jersey to retire his number. :sarcasm:

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Sad to see him go. Honestly brought a ton to this team. I would bring him back without hesitation. He would be a better option than keeping Evans as our 3rd C-man.

Too early to pass judgement as we don't know if we'll elect to draft or trade with the picks received.

Reactions: phillytennis

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The first Monahan trade was asset management at its finest. Getting another first for a player we all thought was finished is even better. I just hope these picks turn into something.

Reactions: Guess and Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad