Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Wishing for bottom 5 in the league isn’t helpful. That would mean more injuries and horrible development. Such an amateur take. Players read this kind of shit and scoff. We have enough picks to trade for a new team lol how about they explore trade options because we have one of the worst forward groups in terms of prospects in the league. It’s a joke. Drafting them would be more than 1 or 2 more years of tanking 100%
Lol. Right now, the plan is to build. Not to contend. Trading Monahan is proof of that. Players CAN scoff all they want to the prospect of drafting high, their opinion doesn’t carry a lot of weight when HuGo meet with the owner on long term plans.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
.................................and the Habs will competitive any decade soon,I can smell it.

View attachment 814074
Now we agree, this might take a lot of years if Hugo go the way of only picks, but they have shown with Dach and Newhook that they intend to prop up the club with young NHL’ers.

I’m 50/50 on the rebuild thus far, I respect the job they’ve done but I cannot affirm that it’s a slam dunk.

PS do not bring up Expos anymore, I’m still hurt by 94 strike.

Reactions: Chili and Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What do you mean, get over it???

I’m just saying Kostitsyn USED to be the worst, before Tkachuk < KK

Meh... There's been worse.

McCarron over Theodore
Juulsen over Aho
Scherbak & Lernout over Point

Despite the obsession over Brady, JKO was and remains a pretty good pick. Best 1st round fwd we picked in over a decade.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

McCarron over Theodore
Juulsen over Aho

Despite the obsession over Brady, JKO was and remains a pretty good pick. Best 1st round fwd we picked in over a decade.

Poehling > KK

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
And your alternative would of been?
Let him rot here a couple years as 3C while we're rebuilding..?
me watching hockey and enjoying it? Are we that jaded with this forever crap team that we lost sight of the whole point of pro hockey?

Reactions: zx81

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

McCarron over Theodore
Juulsen over Aho

Kotkaniemi would've been a decent mid-round pick, but given how much better Tkachuk is feels like salt in the wound. And you obviously know Caufield was a much better 1st round pick.

Reactions: dgeezus

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
me watching hockey and enjoying it? Are we that jaded with this forever crap team that we lost sight of the whole point of pro hockey?
While I understand that sentiment, truly I do
These 'tough times' were ALWAYS coming once The new management was hired
THIS is how it feels when you are in the real middle of a rebuild (ask pittsburgh, ask Chicago... they almost lost their entire teams in the process ffs lol)
And no it's not 'fun to watch'
But this is big picture planning

It's not about 'agreeing no matter what with every move HuGo makes like a blind follower' like some choice posters love to spew
It's about not flipping the table in anger hours and days after every move when it'll take 2-3 years to really see if the results are really good or bad

Come 2026 and we're still 25th overall in the standings?
THEN you can start tearing the new team new assholes, because the rebuild will have stalled

But dealing with 'bad hockey now' for the gamble of 'great hockey later' has never TRULY been done with the modern day era of the montreal canadiens
It's not fun right now, but at LEAST we're finally giving it an honest to God shot at potentially being something special in a couple of years

Trust me I hate telling my father 'stay patient' all the time too..

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
3 different writers at the Athletic gave this trade an A+ for the Canadiens on this one. I don’t think i’ve ever seen this.

Oh, and I’m quite certain this pick is used to pick up an asset. Would not be surprised to see a defensemen traded with this pick to get a young forward from a team who has too much of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad