Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Thanks, I was being silly though and harassing Sammy P the poster. I knew what it meant. Not to dunk on anyone, but I find it strange when a habs fan can’t figure out any French. It’s inescapable cheering for this team and part of its identity. But what does this Newfoundland born, BC raised poster even know?
not smart I guess sorry for that

Chili

Time passes when you're not looking
Jun 10, 2004
LOL I can't stop laughing at how our ONLY 'transparent' missing pick is our own 2nd round pick ..

...that we dont have anymore STILL because of a bergevin blunder lmao like even when you try to forget about him
You have something like that slap you in the face

Nevermind the fact I still have to look at Gallagher, Armia and Andersons names
In hindsight, would have been right to start a 'rebuild' right after the cup run. I remember listening to an interview with Molson afterwards and that was far from their plans. I don't think Dvorak is a bad player but it has gone real bad for him.

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

raise yor hand if u luv the beach as much as i do
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We got some dude at the emergency room to create two first round picks.

Expos traded carefully developed and hand picked youngin’s, let them become superstars and trading them just as they would help the team for absolute crap.
.................................and the Habs will competitive any decade soon,I can smell it.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gustave

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
So glad this is done with. If Monahan got injured between now and the trade deadline, it would have cost the Habs a first rounder.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
LOL I can't stop laughing at how our ONLY 'transparent' missing pick is our own 2nd round pick ..

...that we dont have anymore STILL because of a bergevin blunder lmao like even when you try to forget about him
You have something like that slap you in the face

Nevermind the fact I still have to look at Gallagher, Armia and Andersons names
I wish KH could find a way to add a 2nd round pick for this 2024 draft.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Goodbye, money hands, you served us well and will be looked back on as a key figure in our rebuild. Hughes is making all the right moves in stockpiling picks and moving the franchise in the right direction. It's crazy to think that he was able to turn a throw-in into two first-round picks when the last guy we had couldn't even get a decent team to the next level because "this isn't PlayStation" and "centers just aren't available".

If Monahan can stay healthy he will be looking for a multi-year deal next time around and some team will probably give it to him. He is a gutsy player having overcome so many health issues and kept going. I liked him as a player and a mentor to our young forwards. Best of luck to him in Winnipeg.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Goodbye, money hands, you served us well and will be looked back on as a key figure in our rebuild. Hughes is making all the right moves in stockpiling picks and moving the franchise in the right direction. It's crazy to think that he was able to turn a throw-in into two first-round picks when the last guy we had couldn't even get a decent team to the next level because "this isn't PlayStation" and "centers just aren't available".

If Monahan can stay healthy he will be looking for a multi-year deal next time around and some team will probably give it to him. He is a gutsy player having overcome so many health issues and kept going. I liked him as a player and a mentor to our young forwards. Best of luck to him in Winnipeg.
In fairness, so far “the last guy’s” record was better. Maybe Hughes will catch up if there is another Covid pandemic.

• Haha
Reactions: jrom

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
That's the right approach - no scouting staff is going to make every pick we would have made ourselves. Just some people can't help but hold a grudge and then let that bias their thoughts.
What do you mean, get over it???

I’m just saying Kostitsyn USED to be the worst, before Tkachuk < KK

LOL

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad