Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Friedman couldn't be more transparent.

Before the trade:
"
his base value just isn't a 1st.

He's not a #2C on a contender."

After the trade:
"he just looks so much better now that he's healthy

He looks great!

He looks like a much different player.

He's a really interesting player, it sounds like he's playing on the second line."
the moment a player arrives or leaves the habs org, toronto media does a complete 180

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Coming in peace Habs fans.
Can you describe how Monahan has played this year?
Thanks.
You’re getting a great addition. Everything has been said by my fellow mates. Very high IQ player who was basically holding together any semblance of a second line Habs had. We’re in for an even more painful last 1/3 of season as teams will just tee off on Suzuki, caufield and slafkovsky. He’ll be very helpful to the jets

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
They didn't take Michkov.. that's basically all it boils down to. Some people have not been able to get over that fact.

Even Slafkovsky blossoming at 19 after they bashed him for almost 2 years isn't enough to change their opinion that they may just be wrong.

As you well know I was a huge supporter of the Michkov pick, but I'm still willing to wait before passing judgment, the early returns seem promising to me. :dunno:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Coming in peace Habs fans.
Can you describe how Monahan has played this year?
Thanks.
Very well. I wanted to sign him long term to be a part of the future. Basically his game is being smart with the puck, making plays with his linemates, good shot from the slot, and finish around the net. He's not slow, but he's not fast. He protects the puck very well - he can absorb contact and still keep the puck and make a play.

Plus he's been a really good net front presence for us on the pp. He's screened the goalie on a bunch of goals that he didn't get an assist on.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Before the trade:
"

After the trade:

He looks great!

He's a really interesting player, it sounds like he's playing on the second line."
No wonder he has a lopsided, hanging lip. That’s probably from the side where his BS spewage originates.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As you well know I was a huge supporter of the Michkov pick, but I'm still willing to wait before passing judgment, the early returns seem promising to me. :dunno:

That's the right approach - no scouting staff is going to make every pick we would have made ourselves. Just some people can't help but hold a grudge and then let that bias their thoughts.

bighab

Mar 27, 2022
Charlottetown
I think the next move is to trade Savard for a first. I'd like to see what Kenny H can get done with another first. Would speed up the rebuild.

Reactions: Runner77

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Before the trade:
"

After the trade:

He looks great!

Wasn't that his opinion? Before the Canucks and Flames set the rental C market?

And pretty much every other insider thought he could get a first too.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If the season ended today, the Jets first rounder would beget a 27th pick.

We can do better than that.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Wasn't that his opinion? Before the Canucks and Flames set the rental C market?

And pretty much every other insider thought he could get a first too.

Yeah, and in a vacuum they're probably fair statements.

It's the fact that he chose to downplay Monahan before the trade and pump his tires after. Not that either take was horrible or out of touch.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
You were saying the same about management before Bergevin and you'll still be saying the same after Hughes.

de4849ae095d91695589cceb77757f73.gif

And you’ll be saying the same about the next management, the next trade, the next draft pick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Vilardi/Scheif/Connor
Ehlers/Monahan/Perfitti
Appleton/Lowry/Neids
Iaffalo/Names/Barron

jets will be very deep for the playoffs if they can stay healthy.

But we have to root for them to not win their division and not make it past the 2nd round.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
It was fun as f*** though.

2 more things

1. People are acting like we're done moving players away?
This is a CLEAR 'we're sellers' move but nobody seems excited about that?
There's more ammo on the way, and don't be like 'it's just picks I don't care', picks can be added to packages this summer AND it would mean getting rid of actual dead weight hopefully

2. We're 7th ov right now, this and the next moves can turn this into a top 5 or 4 pick possibly, to help secure one of those scoring forwards we NEED to get our hands on, stop talking about the D's lol

I'll miss Sean BIGtime, but this had to be done
And you NEVER know shit you could still re-sign him for a year or 2 but doubtful
A 1st to take Monagan which we haven't even used yet, and another 1st to trade him?
Guys.. this is 'big boy' GMing, Bergevin only thought he was big boy GM because of the dumbbells.
I too believe HuGo will make more moves before TTD.

we have lots of obvious players like Pearson & Savard but honestly IMHO, Matheson may the most attractive pick and what I like most Hughes is his (apparent) patience…….he seems to believe in his evaluation of assets & sticks to it.

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad