GDT: GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Thurs. Oct 17th | 4pm PST | SNP | I Am Not Entertained

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Battle level is just way too low. Panthers without their two best players and it’s still even at even strength. Opposite of what we saw last year.

Miller needs to pull his head out of his rear end - his passes have consistently been all over the place these first 4 games which doesn’t allow that line to have any flow to their game whatsoever.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
The negative reaction to Bains is absolutely fascinating. This is the first time, ever, I’ve seen this sort of reaction to a homegrown rookie getting an opportunity.

He’s looked pretty good offensively I’ve though, had struggled with a couple defensive reads which is par for the course for a young player.
Bains doesn’t look nearly as bad as the reaction he’s getting right now would warrant. He’s distributed the puck fairly effectively and isn’t standing out as better/worse than his linemates. He’s had a couple missed assignments, but so have several players. The team as a whole looks sluggish right now, not sure why we’re singling out Bains.

Reactions: MS

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't hate Bains. Although, I really don't see him as a NHL player yet. What I hate is Tocchet's obsession with gifting him top six spot when he hasn't done shit to earn them.

A. Bains: 5:33
J. Debrusk: 5:30

That. That's what I hate.

Bains doesn't belong with this group now, feels like they are forcing him cause BC BOY DAMNIT.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
Bains doesn’t look nearly as bad as the reaction he’s getting right now would warrant. He’s distributed the puck fairly effectively and isn’t standing out as better/worse than his linemates. He’s had a couple missed assignments, but so have several players. The team as a whole looks sluggish right now, not sure why we’re singling out Bains.

? We've been hammering Pettersson, Miller, Heinen. Bains is getting more minutes than Aman.

Reactions: Tact and Bgav

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Opposing teams get into spaces and get off clean shots against us. It seems impossible for the nucks to get a clean shot off

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Pretty decent period with some things to clean up (PP, defensive coverage).

The fact that our top guys haven't popped and we're about even with a FLA team without Tkachuk/Barkov.... checks out.

Lots of Bains hate but if he wasn't getting high leverage minutes on an already struggling line on a winless team, I think there wouldn't be so much frustration. Doesn't look like he'll ever be a fast player but needs to make the right reads and get into positioning early to stick around. Tough position for him to be in and learn right now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Every time this Canuck defense handles the puck in its own zone, it's 'heart in your mouth' time.

Never seen a team more vulnerable to a hard forecheck than this group. Word seems to be out around the league.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I don't hate Bains. Although, I really don't see him as a NHL player yet. What I hate is Tocchet's obsession with gifting him top six spot when he hasn't done shit to earn them.

A. Bains: 5:33
J. Debrusk: 5:30

That. That's what I hate.
I think players also feel the same.

This might be a blueberry problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Coffee

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Every time this Canuck defense handles the puck in its own zone, it's 'heart in your mouth' time.

Never seen a team more vulnerable to a hard forecheck than this group. Word seems to be out around the league.

I think back to when Jack Hughes let Myers get to the puck first and waited on the boards until he blindly turned it over.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I think there’s just a lot of negativity surrounding the team’s start and it’s easy to single out the guy playing in the top 6 who hasn’t proven himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad