GDT: GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Thurs. Oct 17th | 4pm PST | SNP | I Am Not Entertained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The weird thing is that prospects NEVER get criticized here. I can remember Yann Sauve looking mindblowingly unplayable and the general mood here being quite positive about it.

People were losing their shit about Lekkerimaki looking almost exactly like this in the preseason.

It’s weird.
Fans are sulking big-time. Even Hughs is getting trashed in this thread. Maybe seasonal depression is playing a part.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
The weird thing is that prospects NEVER get criticized here. I can remember Yann Sauve looking mindblowingly unplayable and the general mood here being quite positive about it.

People were losing their shit about Lekkerimaki looking almost exactly like this in the preseason.

It’s weird.
Prospects get criticized here all the time.

Reactions: LordBacon and quat

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

It’s weird.
It’s partially Tocchet giving him so many minutes, compounded with Miller/Boeser already not driving anything right now. He’s had a few missed assignments and terrible passes which feels even worse because Tocchet likes him and is giving him top line assignments with two players who aren’t good rn.

Put Suter there or move someone like DeBrusk up, not spoonfeed an AHLer top line minutes.

PDG had a good camp and looked hungry and would probably inject some life into this team right now. Instead, he’s waived for Bains.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

It’s weird.

I don’t think there’s any hype around Bains’ potential to the point where people will look for any positives like the others. The “defy the odds” types never get the respect that high picks do

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Sportsnet has such little regard for the opinion of Canucks fans to have Luke Gazdic working the intermission. It's frankly insulting

Reactions: Rotang and MS

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The players who should be singled out are Pettersson, Miller, Boeser. If they were playing to expectations then the team would be winning games. No problem with players such as Garland, Hoglander or even Bains being in the top six right now as they’re actually hustling and trying to make a difference on the ice. Ideally Bains would be in the bottom six or 13th forward, but if the core players aren’t performing then it’s irrelevant who’s playing the third spot on the Miller-Boeser line.

Yea, I agree. Bains is just an easy scapegoat for Miller and Boeser’s poor play.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The negative reaction to Bains is absolutely fascinating. This is the first time, ever, I’ve seen this sort of reaction to a homegrown rookie getting an opportunity.

He’s looked pretty good offensively I’ve though, had struggled with a couple defensive reads which is par for the course for a young player.
Couldn't agree. Here's an undrafted free agent from the WHL. It's something of a miracle that he's even gotten this far.

If all he turns out to be is an AHL-NHL 'tweener, we can still celebrate that-- along with the fact that he gives it all he's got on every shift.

The Canucks aren't struggling because of the play of Bains. How about their highest paid players?

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Bains f***ing sucks and will never amount to anything at the NHL level yet is playing in our top 6

That is the problem

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yea, I agree. Bains is just an easy scapegoat for Miller and Boeser’s poor play.

I don’t think Miller and Boeser have played poorly either, in either this game or the season so far. Especially considering Miller is hurt and Boeser is coming back from a fairly serious medical issue.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Survived a first teams still not playing together well enough as a group yet.
Need to it going here soon

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don’t think Miller and Boeser have played poorly either, in either this game or the season so far.
Boeser’s been our second best F behind Garland but Miller absolutely has been very sloppy and looked like a guy who’s a week or two behind his teammates - which he understandably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad