Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
That we got 2 first round picks for essentially taking on salary and injury rehabilitation is incredible

What are people complaining about?

Too many picks?

At the worst we draft and can finally stock our farm system. At best we are finally building trade capital and therefore can trade those picks for a good player or to move up in the draft

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
remember when Bargainbin was hired and said the way to build a roster was via the draft, then proceeded to add zero 1st round picks in 10 years...

KH, almost exactly 2 years on the job, has now acquired his 5th additional 1st round pick.

This is the difference between competent and incompetent management... btw a leader with a vision and the ability to execute on it, and a fraud that speaks of things they don't actually believe or understand...

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Monahan’s injury history played big in both the return and timing of this trade.

I was hoping to see the conditional pick be performance/ games played dependent but that’s just a minor quibble.

What is likely is that none of the other suitors must have offered a first rounder, despite having been left out of the Lindholm sweepstakes.
Potential Draft pick rankings:
Win Cup - 32nd plus a 2027 3rd rounder
Finalist - 31st
Conference finalist - 29th or 30th
Fails to make Conference finals - probably 27th or 28th

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
:laugh::laugh:

Another 4 years of excuses for Hugo's management, and please stop with the Newhook-Dach example, only 23 and 60 games played so far
?
what excuses... his management has been excellent. Please stop with the nonsense takes. this isn't a video game where you can take off the cap settings at will to build super teams.

managing a cap factors in to how a roster gets built, i'm quite surprised that this is hard to understand :dunno:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I proposed a similar trade on the Jets board. A 1st and the Jets 2nd conditionally. But they don't have their 2nd. I wanted a little more than a 3rd but moving him early is worth it.

Reactions: Milhouse40

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Would have preferred a prospect, but I have no doubt that this was the best deal available, would have preferred if the conditions would have been based on Monahan games player of winning a round, if the condition is to win the cup it probably worth more than a 3 rd hahah

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
remember when Bargainbin was hired and said the way to build a roster was via the draft, then proceeded to add zero 1st round picks in 10 years...

KH, almost exactly 2 years on the job, has now acquired his 5th additional 1st round pick.

This is the difference between competent and incompetent management... btw a leader with a vision and the ability to execute on it, and a fraud that speaks of things they don't actually believe or understand...
Not only did he never acquire any, but he also never traded any when we needed help for playoff runs. If the Isles don't give us Vanek for a 2nd because of their situation, I doubt we even get him.

Just a useless GM.

Edit: And when he DOES trade one, he gets the most milquetoast player to ever wear the sweater, Christian Dvorak.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

KH drafted a bust and added two players that teams wanted to get rid of with those picks.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Why not sign an injury prone player long term, we can just LTIR him is not really good team building.
Markov had some serious injuries then played many more years.

If there is still no CURRENT injury compromising his performance by the end of the playoffs, potential injury does not overly worry me.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wait that's it? I was expecting much more. And so many teams more competitive than the Jets should have gotten him.

The positive is that by sending him to the Jets he may want to re-sign with us in the summer. lol

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Yup. Rebuilding without adding any 1sts or good prospects and by adding Hoffman and other plugs... we sucked despite trying which is very different from rebuilding.
I was not a fan of MB, I thought he made a lot of terrible decisions, but Hugues and him had totally different mandates. Clearly an easier one for Hugues right now. It's a lot easier to acquire picks than assets to make the playoffs.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Markov had some serious injuries then played many more years.

If there is still no CURRENT injury compromising his performance by the end of the playoffs, potential injury does not overly worry me.
Markov was one of the best defencemen in the league when healthy. Monahan is at best an average 2C. I just don’t see the point in bringing him back. We can find someone else that just sits in front of the net and waits on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad