Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Its because of his injury status that you keep forgetting to include in your assesment.

It all makes sense when you remember that.

It becomes the bizzarre story that you keep telling only when you remove the injuries from the time line.

Hope that helps.

What you see as excuses I see as reasons for what is going on. No need to get pissed that some posters wont join you in the emotional reactions to his struggles.

Please stop with the 'minor knee issue that has caused him to miss 0 games excuses 1 ES goal in 42 games' absolute nonsense.

If this is actually the case, he's the softest little muffin in the history of the NHL.

Reactions: Regal and F A N

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Please stop with the 'minor knee issue that has caused him to miss 0 games excuses 1 ES goal in 42 games' absolute nonsense.
He should have absolutely missed games but Alvins shit medical staff just mangles everything they get their filthy paws on.
If this is actually the case, he's the softest little muffin in the history of the NHL.
You just need these campaigns to exist on these boards. Thats how it is.

But I will keep reminding people of the inconvenient fact (for you) that EP was playing through a knee injury last season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He should have absolutely missed games but Alvins shit medical staff just mangles everything they get their filthy paws on.

You have no idea of this.

But I will keep reminding people of the inconvenient fact (for you) that EP was playing through a knee injury last season.

He was playing through a very minor knee injury.

Other players on this team were playing through more severe injuries and played better. McDavid and Draisaitl were playing more injured and destroyed us.

This is a league where $11 million superstar players have to be able to play and contribute and produce with minor injuries. It's the expectation. Players do it all the time. I don't understand why it's so hard for you to grasp this. You don't get to say that you have a hangnail and then go 30 games without a goal. This is a big boy league and you need to suck it up and get results - as JT Miller is doing right now when obviously hurt.

He also pulled this same disappearing act in 2021 when he wasn't hurt. And it's continued into this year when he isn't hurt.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Playing through something can excuse someone going from like a 100 point player to a 75 point player. It doesn’t excuse someone going from a 100 point player to a 50 point player. I’ve had knee tendinitis. It sucks, but if it’s the sole cause of this funk that’s pretty damning. That said, some encouraging signs last game

Reactions: Hodgy

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

So emotional.

;)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Playing through something can excuse someone going from like a 100 point player to a 75 point player. It doesn’t excuse someone going from a 100 point player to a 50 point player. I’ve had knee tendinitis. It sucks, but if it’s the sole cause of this funk that’s pretty damning. That said, some encouraging signs last game

It's hard not to score on the PP if you get minutes, so to me it's that he's gone from a ~70 point ES player down to a ~25 point ES player over his last half-season of games.

That is not acceptable for a player of his calibre, and cannot be explained away with 'minor knee tendinitis' unless the player is literally the softest little petal in the history of the NHL.

Reactions: Regal

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Other players on this team were playing through more severe injuries and played better. McDavid and Draisaitl were playing more injured and destroyed us.

This is a league where $11 million superstar players have to be able to play and contribute and produce with minor injuries. It's the expectation. Players do it all the time. I don't understand why it's so hard for you to grasp this. You don't get to say that you have a hangnail and then go 30 games without a goal. This is a big boy league and you need to suck it up and get results - as JT Miller is doing right now when obviously hurt.

He also pulled this same disappearing act in 2021 when he wasn't hurt. And it's continued into this year when he isn't hurt.

And the thing is that if his "nagging injury" that Petey feels "sometimes" is really impacting his game he should be shut down. This is the team's $90M+ asset. There is no point marching your super star out there if he is hurt and ineffective.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
And the thing is that if his "nagging injury" that Petey feels "sometimes" is really impacting his game he should be shut down. This is the team's $90M+ asset. There is no point marching your super star out there if he is hurt and ineffective.
There is very little (perhaps none?) evidence to suggest his patellar tendinitis is anything but minor. And there is evidence that seems to suggest that it is in fact minor. Look no further than Tochett's comments on it during the playoffs, or the fact he hasn't missed even one game (including the last game of last year where everyone that was injured was rested). Moreover, Pettersson's exit interview really didn't come off as a guy that was really mad and frustrated that an injury held him back - it came off as a guy that was super frustrated and down on himself for not being able to get better results, and he seemed to hold himself totally accountable for that and not some injury.

Reactions: MS

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
You have no idea of this.

You can just say you dont have any clue about athletes injuries and go from there.

This is dishonest as f***.

You must be posting with an injury since Benning got fired...

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Im very frustrated that Alvin and JR have not rectified the horrific medical staff.

So yes. Emotion. No need to wink.

Not irrational tho. Just look at the record of our medical staff.

This is totally fair, but otherwise you seem to take criticism against Pettersson kind of personally and I'm really curious as to why that's the case.

Are you not unhappy with his lack of production?

Because we need him to be the star he can be if we have any chance of contending for a cup, and I think that's what all of us want, no?

Reactions: Regal

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You can just say you dont have any clue about athletes injuries and go from there.

This is dishonest as f***.

You must be posting with an injury since Benning got fired...

... and cue the personal insults when someone's precious little Petey takes legitimate criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad