Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
Aw.
I'm going to miss money hands. He was one of my favs.

Late first rounder is meh to me. Don't see pick being more impactful than MH, but I know nothing.

Reactions: Habs

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Could they just NOT played Monahan before the TDL. Give him a vacation or something and prohibit from skiing.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Are the asset management fans expecting us to start winning at some point?

All we've been reading about Hughes is his asset management skills but on the ice the product is getting worst and worst.

We are in a rebuild, Hughes is trading veterans who won't be here long term for assets that can help in the future. He doesn't, nor should he, give a shit about winning at this point.

He has traded Monahan, Toffoli, Chiarot, Edmundson, Lehkonen, Kulak, etc. which to no ones surprise has made us a worse team.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It’s an issue considering we want him to get used to being a winger moving forward. Speed down the wing and cut inside rather than not knowing how to patrol the centre of the ice.
Again, it’s for a brief period of time. He’s also going to be getting dicked with shit linemates so he’s not going to be able to do anything anyways.

We have two regular centers out for the year, sometimes you have to accommodate.

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
LOL at reading posters already using Newhook and Dach as amazing accomplishment by this new management core.

Newhook played only 23 games with us so far and as for Dach he could very well be a amasing acquisition if he could manage to stay healthy ......but so far he as not

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
We thank you for your service 🫡

giphy.gif

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
A young player another team wanted to get rid of. Super exciting.
What would you expect to happen with what was left behind by last regime? It's not like regular season play is much worse. Outside 16/17 and 18/19, this organization was playing .500 hockey while trying to win now. Hughes trying to add picks and young players by trading impending UFAs instead of letting them go for nothing see Danault, Radulov, etc. Hopefully it works.

Screenshot_2024-02-02-11-53-18-66_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Good deal in the end.. Habs got their second 1st for Monahan.

Monahan was missing a lot of practices recently, better to trade him now than risk losing him to injury.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Hughes will probably be the next Bergevin in 10 years when this rebuild still fails to give results.

At least he's good at asset management I guess. He'd be a terrific NHL24 player.
Who said it was a guarantee to succeed? At least we're trying something, we'll see where it leads

you can rewatch the past 30 years of constant failure on demand if you're still interested in the other method

• Haha
Reactions: Hansman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad