Value of: Functional Toughness to the Oilers

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
- RHD
- More speed in their bottom 6
- a more reliable goalie then a 3rd stringer like Pickard

“Toughness” is such an overrated want. Teams usually overpay for it and regret it or the players ends up not lasting in the line up.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
I don't know who would be better and both of these players have term and a tolat cap of 5 mill for both. This why the price is high. But I'm just having fun on here. Hope they do get someone better then risto. Just don't know who's available

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd be open to sending Carson Soucy to the Oilers, if Vancouver could get a better replacement lined up somewhere else. He's very much a #4/5D and can theoretically play either side.

Has a NTC though and as much as they should be open to the idea of moving him, i'm not sure the Canucks brass actually would be. They still probably really like him. Too much even. He's also been helpful in making the Giraffe somewhat useful, which gives me a little bit of pause on moving him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd be open to sending Carson Soucy to the Oilers, if Vancouver could get a better replacement lined up somewhere else. He's very much a #4/5D and can theoretically play either side.

Has a NTC though and as much as they should be open to the idea of moving him, i'm not sure the Canucks brass actually would be. They still probably really like him. Too much even. He's also been helpful in making the Giraffe somewhat useful, which gives me a little bit of pause on moving him.
I wanted Soucy to take over the #2RD role beside Nurse, but I don't expect that Vancouver would be in a rush to trade him, especially to Edmonton, as these two teams could be battling it out in the playoffs again this spring. Plus, if the "better replacement" you are looking to bring in to replace Soucy doesn't have a humongous cap hit, we would be interested in that player as well, ha ha.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Too bad Leon Draisaitl isn't one of those guys willing to step up. Imagine being 6'2" 210 lbs and a coward. Instead you have tiny Troy Stecher carrying water for the team against 6'4" 210 lb Sean Couturier. SMH.
Flames fans sure get mouthy with a couple wins under their belt. Enjoy it while you can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad