Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Monahan is so good that any team that gets him will automatically be picking 28-32, yet somehow isn't worth a 1st round pick. Makes a lot of sense
The Jets aren’t going to get past the 1st round. No chance they beat the Avs or Stars.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Are the asset management fans expecting us to start winning at some point?

All we've been reading about Hughes is his asset management skills but on the ice the product is getting worst and worst.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
How are Dach and Newhook doing recently?
NHL players likely better than anyone this organization can draft with a late first. It's what happens when you have people like Bergevin running the show for a decade and leaving nothing but garbage contacts to his favourite guys.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It will be for like a dozen games, a non issue
It’s an issue considering we want him to get used to being a winger moving forward. Speed down the wing and cut inside rather than not knowing how to patrol the centre of the ice.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
that is the funny part... we get a #1 but have no talent at centre and half of a #1 line

Tank GIFs | GIFDB.com

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I'm happy with the return. A first + a bit is what I was hoping and that's what we got. It could be a pretty late first, but there will still be some good talent on the board there I think. We could also use the pick to acquire another player like the Dach and Newhook deals.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
The Jets aren’t going to get past the 1st round. No chance they beat the Avs or Stars.
No I mean like that's the Main Board logic.

"Monahan isn't worth a 1st you guys are idiots. No one will pay that"

*Monahan gets a first*

"Doesn't matter, pick will be 28-32 anyway" which means they're assuming the Jets now go far after this trade.

bighab

Mar 27, 2022
Charlottetown
Some underrated components to this trade:
We didn't retain & use up our final retention spot (Armia?)
We didn't wait for Monahan to get injured - a lot of Therapy days lately
This makes us worse right now - good for the tank. Monahan was winning us games.
This opens a spot for a young player

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hate that Moneyhand got traded to the Jets. I hate the jets. Ever since the schiefelle hit in the playoffs. Their are a bunch of whiny dirty f***ers.
What if the Jets sink fast in the playoffs and MoneyHands re-signs with us in the offseason?

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad