Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
2 1st for Monahan is great. No matter how you see it.

What's more important is that we didn't wait too much before he injures himself and you get nothing. And we didn't retain salary.

Just positive. Not as explosive as some would have wanted but just fine asset management.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Just flip Mesar draft order with Beck or Hutson and get over it already jfc

You guys are giving me a headache pass the tylenol

IMG_20240201_155557.jpg

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
My favorite part of this is the usual suspects are mad about this trade.

We got 2 x 1st out of thin air.. and it's not good enough.

You're not getting Brad Lambert for an expiring Sean Monahan. Use your f***ing heads.

Same people also are probably the ones bitching that we aren't "tanking properly", yet we are going to finish the year with Jake Evans, Mitchell Stephens and Lucas Condotta filling out our centres.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
So now on Main board that pick is an automatic 28-32? Has the rules changed or Monahan is expected to lead them to semi-finals?

JT3

May 27, 2013
Expected a bit more. 1.9 millions for a 2nd line center is incredible currency to have. Maybe the market wasn't there, maybe Hughes jumped the gun, who knows. Well see with the next C moved how we position ourselves value wise, right now, it seems low compared to Lindholm.

Adam Henrique should be moved next, probably acquired by the Avs or Leafs. His salary is incredibly high, so the situation is a lot different.
It probably comes down to Monahan's rep for being injury prone, don't think many teams are going to want to trade a top prospect for a guy who could fall apart before they even get to the playoffs. I think Kent's price was met and he determined it wasn't worth the risk of holding him longer and having him get injured.

Personally I'm fine with it, 2 1sts and a 3rd for taking on Monahan is superb asset management.

Reactions: Samhockey3

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
So now on Main board that pick is an automatic 28-32? Has the rules changed or Monahan is expected to lead them to semi-finals?
Monahan is so good that any team that gets him will automatically be picking 28-32, yet somehow isn't worth a 1st round pick. Makes a lot of sense

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think Newhook is anything special... and Dach I've seen more on IR than on the ice so too... jury's out. If he is going to get us another injury prone reclamation project I am less than ecstatic about it, tbh.
If Dach can stay healthy and Newhook is nothing (I mean already at a young age he's a 20 goal 46 point guy for us), but if Newhook is nothing, I'll be really happy we got Dach for Chiarot and Romanov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad