Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I think Monahan could have gotten more closer to the deadline - but he also could have gotten nothing if he got injured again.
Oh yeah for sure, but ultimately the goal was to get at least get a 1st. The habs got it, it’s unconditional, and they don’t have to play a month long waiting game with injuries.

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
Another 1st round pick for Monahan is fantastic. Winnipeg especially is a team that lives and dies by their goaltending, and if Hellebuyck somehow falters early Winnipeg could easily be out after the 1st round

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was funny to read that he could have gotten us a 1st and solid prospect...lol

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Oh yeah for sure, but ultimately the goal was to get at least get a 1st. The habs got it, it’s unconditional, and they don’t have to play a month long waiting game with injuries.
And losing Monahan helps our lottery pick right away!

Our center line is now Suzuki - Evans - Condotta - Stephens

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Some of y'all who are complaining about Hughes basically turning 6.35 mil of LTIR room a year and half ago into two 1st round picks need to desperately get out of your Montreal Canadiens bubble.

What, did you think a team was going to give up their top prospect for a rental middle-6 C?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What did you expect? We were never getting any top prospects from any teams for Monahan despite whatever anyone here might have believed. Getting another 1st to use as an asset for a big fish is good business.

Not sure why you're convinced the Jets are gonna win the cup either.

Expected a bit more. 1.9 millions for a 2nd line center is incredible currency to have. Maybe the market wasn't there, maybe Hughes jumped the gun, who knows. Well see with the next C moved how we position ourselves value wise, right now, it seems low compared to Lindholm.

Adam Henrique should be moved next, probably acquired by the Avs or Leafs. His salary is incredibly high, so the situation is a lot different.

The plus to doing this deal now is it helps with a tank. The return is mediocre but I’m sure Monahan’s health had teams nervous.
Thats true, and I can't say I wasnt nervous myself with Monahan on the ice, lol.

Reactions: Andy

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Who's our 2C going forward?
Monahan's traded and Dvo/Dach/Newhook are all injured.

Are we just gonna shift Suzuki 40 minutes a night?
This is our 2nd Line C

1706892159891.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad